U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 06:44 AM

1,682 posts, read 5,646,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando1111 View Post
Thanks all the information. I will check out all the suggestions. I think I will buy some with good quality.
Be VERY careful if you buy from Sticks and Stuff. You may find a few good quality pieces, most of what they stock is extremely cheaply made with low end materials. You may as well buy your furniture from Wal-mart.

It's really important to understand furniture and know what you're getting unless you want to have to buy new every 5 years. An example - in 2002 my mother and I both needed new furniture for our family rooms. My mother went to a chain furniture store in SC and bought a fabric sofa, loveseat and recliner set - I think it was by Lane. I purchased a fabric sofa and 2 leather recliners by Flexsteel.

Five years later, my set has been moved from house to apartment to new house, endured numerous parties with college kids, had me sleeping in the recliners for months due to a severe sinus issue, my mother in law napping in them daily, and my dog jumping up and down on them, etc. The sofa is an extended queen sleeper with pillow top mattress. Due to our Orlando location - we have frequent house guests and the bed has been used on a number of occaisions. When we lived in our Winter Park home - DH and I slept on it for two weeks and let my parents use our bedroom. I couldn't believe how comfortable it was - the next best thing to sleeping on my own bed and much more comfortable than most hotel beds.

The furniture still looks brand new. We 'chipped' the leather in one tiny spot on our last move - other than that you would think we bought them yesterday.

On the other hand, my mother and dad are the only two who live in their home. They never sleep or nap on their furniture and rarely have company. They already need new furniture. The sofa seems to have 'collapsed' on itself. When you sit down on it, you sink to the bottom, the cushions don't stay in place and it looks 'used'.

Five years ago, my mother spent 2K and I spent 3K on the same number of pieces of furniture. My furniture is a classic style will most likely last another 20 years or more, she is already looking for new furniture. Who got the better deal?

Last edited by Yac; 10-11-2010 at 01:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 06:08 PM

8,409 posts, read 13,452,051 times
Sticks n Stuff would be your best bet. Even Big Lots sells decent furniture. You can get a decent sofa and loveseat for $800.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:49 AM

5 posts, read 31,784 times
go to fleaworld in sanford.........shop till u drop

Old 05-29-2007, 07:57 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,659,278 times
Big lots has a store on S. OBT that is just furniture. Also, there is a Rooms to Go outlet in South Orlando as well as Altamonte. For great quality for a little more money I would look into Costco.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 13,595 times
Default furniture

Are you still looking for furniture? I am moving from Orlando and have furniture I need to sell. I purchased it new about a year and a half ago. I have a bed, dresser, leather couch, leather chair, and table. If you are interested, please email me. Thanks so much, Emily

Old 08-09-2008, 06:22 PM

9 posts, read 25,898 times
Lightbulb Homereserve.com

I got my who living room set under 1,000.

I got to design my own furniture. (style and color)

They make end tables, art, pillows sofas, chairs, loveseat, sectionals...etc..

On one occasion when I was looking into purchasing a Living room set, I went to Rooms to Go and they had the same furniture as homereserve.com for 2,000. I told them about it and the sales agent was pissed that I did not buy that day.

check it out, I promise you will not be dissapointed.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,691 times
I suggest IKEA at Millenia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando