U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2007, 02:05 PM

11 posts, read 70,953 times

Advertisements

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/formaself/location2.jpg (broken link)

crimewise relative to the rest of orlando how good or bad is this area? im looking at the woodlands apartments if anyone lived there i would love an opinion. its between this place and another place

here

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/formaself/location.jpg (broken link)

once again thanks for everything

ps the location is where the "A"s are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 03:58 PM

631 posts, read 2,098,166 times
The one near Michigan and Bumby is in transition. There are a LOT of houses that have been rehabbed and the area is slowly gentrifying. You're very close to some really nice neighborhoods and shopping is pretty close.
Some will tell you the area is bad, but I live pretty close to there and I shop at The Bird Store which is on the corner of Bumby and Michigan and I think the area is just fine. You will see some seedy people walking the streets and you will see BMWs at a newly rehabbed house. On that map I live near Lake Davis.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:09 PM

82 posts, read 207,356 times
I'd do the Michigan locale.

I wouldn't live in either place ideally though.

Lake Davis...nice area...I like that place. Still would rather be off of Park Ave where I am now.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:08 PM

1,418 posts, read 8,900,279 times
I'm familiar with the vallencia college lane area. Overall the area has a substantial amount of hispanics. It's not a bad area, though. Vallencial College is right down the road. Florida Hospital East is on the other side of the bridge. That area will be growing, with more professional office / medical areas there. As far as living in an appartment there, it's ok. You have Colonial High School just to the north-west of there.

It's basically an ok area to live in. I personally wouldn't want to build my dream home there, but if I were a student going to UCF or Valencia, it would be fine.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:58 AM

13,495 posts, read 32,216,523 times
http://www.city-data.com/city/Orlando-Florida.html

Here ya go. This link will take you to Orlando. You can pick out your future zip code and click on it and it'll tell you a lot about the area, including crime stats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: