Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:31 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
It's one thing to be outgoing in a social situation, not so much on mass transit. You're probably one of those peole that drive me crazy when I'm stuck next to them on a plane--they won't shut up and don't get the hint even when I open your book and start to read. Just because I'm stuck next to them for a few hours, it doesn't mean we're friends.
no. im not liek that. the way you treat me on this forum i would avoid you on a plane at all costs. i hope your not going to vegas in march, you're the last person i'd wanna be stuck next to on a plane for 8 hours

lots of people actually start conversations with me sometimes, i do it every day at work, not to the point that i slow my line down. but i do enjoy meeting new people and if i see an opportunity to talk to somebody i will take it

but i dont start a conversation with everybody i meet. usually the most i ever say is hello or how you doing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 07:42 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
no. im not liek that. the way you treat me on this forum i would avoid you on a plane at all costs. i hope your not going to vegas in march, you're the last person i'd wanna be stuck next to on a plane for 8 hours
Don't worry, I might be headed that way, but I'll be in first class if I do go. Somehow I don't think you'll be sitting next to me. And check again grasshopper--it's not an eight hour flight to Vegas.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:46 AM

729 posts, read 1,299,703 times
Default Amtrak threatens to stop Central Florida service

Yes, we're back at this juncture. The only reason I'm posting this is because it potentially affects the state's agreement with CSX regarding SunRail.

Amtrak threatens to stop Central Florida service - South Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/1440996.html - broken link)

Old 01-23-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Don't worry, I might be headed that way, but I'll be in first class if I do go. Somehow I don't think you'll be sitting next to me. And check again grasshopper--it's not an eight hour flight to Vegas.
you were probably lucky enough to get a direct flight to vegas. i dont, my trip which is already booked has a 1 hour layover in minneapolis.

4 hours from OIA to minneapolis
+
1 hour layover
+
3 hours from Minneapolis to Las Vegas
=
8 hours!

I shouldnt have booked through expedia

Old 01-23-2010, 08:01 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
you were probably lucky enough to get a direct flight to vegas. i dont, my trip which is already booked has a 1 hour layover in minneapolis.

+
1 hour layover
+
=
8 hours!

SWA is the only carrier with direct flights. It's 5.5 hours and usually the least expensive ticket in the market. They (and JBU)don't show their flights on Expedia. DAL through ATL or COA through HOU are the next fastest, clocking in a just under 6.5 total.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
SWA is the only carrier with direct flights. It's 5.5 hours and usually the least expensive ticket in the market. They (and JBU)don't show their flights on Expedia. DAL through ATL or COA through HOU are the next fastest, clocking in a just under 6.5 total.
when i booked my flight i was looking for the cheapest available and southwest had NO direct flights from orlando to vegas. they weren't the cheapest either. i hate flying southwest too as their flight attendants suck, the planes are extremely cold and are too crowded

im booked with delta...never flown with them before. so that will be a new experience

just checked back with expedia, they dont even list southwest

Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
Quote:

+
1 hour layover
+
=
8 hours!

las vegas is a 3-4 hour flight one way

Old 01-23-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
las vegas is a 3-4 hour flight one way
i know GLS, but liek i said i have a layover all the way up in minneapolis, which adds 3-4 hours to the trip

Old 01-23-2010, 09:35 AM

157 posts, read 477,555 times
Thats it! I'm gettin out of this hair brained town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando