Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:22 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Sounds like the airlines and E-tickets and credit cards only for refreshments, movies, etc.
I just heard about that. I usually fly with with US Air, and unless something has changed in two months it's still cash, but my husband flies SW a lot and he recently told me that they no longer accept cash, CC only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 03:50 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
If they do this they should be forced to buy back all the transpondres we've been forced to buy--in my case four of them.

And how will they handle tourists with no sticker if there are no manned booths? Or rentals for locals?
I had to rent a car today because my car is pretty much unfixable (aklasldjkfhs) and it looks like the rental car companies are using the license plate thing to have customers pay for tolls. You go through the express lane, the road authority captures your license plate, and then the cost of the toll is charged to the renter's credit card. There is also a $2.00/day fee each day a toll roll is used.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:17 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
i don't get it..maybe i miss-read something or i'm just a moron, but if these passes are free and there is no more cash ...does it mean the tolls are free now?...and why give passes if they are?...and what happens to all the people who don't have any form of credit or who are dead broke that usually dont go through the tolls but end up having to take a toll road one day?

Old 01-24-2010, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
i don't get it..maybe i miss-read something or i'm just a moron, but if these passes are free and there is no more cash ...does it mean the tolls are free now?...and why give passes if they are?...and what happens to all the people who don't have any form of credit or who are dead broke that usually dont go through the tolls but end up having to take a toll road one day?
It means you won't have to pay to obtain a transponder, not that tolls are free.

As far as not having the money for the tolls, there isn't a single place that you HAVE to take a toll road to that you can't get to through a series of other roads. Tolls roads are a convenience to those who choose to use them.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:02 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times
How do ppl pay if they don't have credit cards or a bank account to do automatic withdrawal?

Old 01-24-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
How do ppl pay if they don't have credit cards or a bank account to do automatic withdrawal?
You can send a check or money order in to replenish your account.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:58 PM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
Quote:
...but my husband flies SW a lot and he recently told me that they no longer accept cash, CC only.
How is that possible?

Anyone (including companies) can reject credit cards, checks, etc. but by law cash can't be rejected.

Is there an exception to this once an airplane is airborne?

Old 01-24-2010, 06:06 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
They cant do this. I agree with Annerk's post and also when I drive on our tollways (usually 408 or 417) i always see a lot more cars pulling over into the cash or exact change lanes then the e-pass lane

i purchased my e-pass back in april. like other pre-paid things the balance goes down a LOT faster then you might think. but still its nice to just fly through those e-pass lanes at 70 mph while the other drivers stop and fumble around for change

they cant force us all to get e-passes. i know many drivers who would rather waste both time and gas sitting at all those red lights on parallel surface roads such as Colonial Drive, Semoran Blvd, Lake Underhill Road, Old Winter Garden Road, among others, then fork over an extra $2 or $3 to get where they are going on time

then lies the tourist problem, but IMO screw them i could give a hoot less about tourists.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio84 View Post
How is that possible?

Anyone (including companies) can reject credit cards, checks, etc. but by law cash can't be rejected.

Is there an exception to this once an airplane is airborne?

You are wrong in your understanding of the law. The law states that no GOVERNMENT entity can decline cash as payment, however there is no law that states that an individual or business must accept cash.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:06 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
It means you won't have to pay to obtain a transponder, not that tolls are free.

As far as not having the money for the tolls, there isn't a single place that you HAVE to take a toll road to that you can't get to through a series of other roads. Tolls roads are a convenience to those who choose to use them.

Thanks for the response. I was just saying this because i don't have credit or a bank account and i had to pick up a co-worker of mine to give him a ride to work one day and he lived in Southchase and we had to get over to Palm Parkway in Lake Buena Vista where our store was after i picked him up...and since i got the call to pick him up over there as i was already on my way to work knowing that it would be an extra 20-30 minutes to get him and get back over to work...i was worried we wouldn't make it to work on time so i picked him up and ended up having to take the 417 toll road to get back towards Lake Buena Vista and barely made it on time...

I didn't have a sunpass because i usually don't go that way and i needed the money for bills so i never really used tolls but that time i had to because we had a new tyrant for a boss so i didn't want to get fired....but years before that i always went through toll roads occasionally also to make up time when i knew i would be late but just haven't had money believe it or not to just buy the sunpass due to all my financial issues so what do people do who don't have the cash and they get in a similar situation?...

i know there are plenty out there because i used to work with alot of people who barely made the bills each month for different reasons on top of not having that top paying kind of job..we worked at fast food and pizza places and hotels....so what do the average person do when they "need" to take the tolls when they are faced with being late to work or the hospital or something important?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando