Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 04:14 PM

144 posts, read 235,798 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into purchasing a Condo in either Capri or Villanova.

They are both in the Hunters Creek Section of South Orlando.

The prices are VERY similar and the sizes of the units are VERY similar.

Capri is slightly cheaper and slightly bigger in size, BUT, I find the Villanova amenties to be better such as the Pool area is nicer in Villanova and the Gym is bigger and nicer in Villanova as well.

Also, Villanova is closer to shopping (walking distance to the supermarket, bank, etc...etc...etc...)

Can anyone help me choose or give me and suggestions or advice in regards to: CAPRI vs. VILLANOVA

???

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM

78 posts, read 259,365 times
Hunters Creek

Old 03-01-2010, 06:39 PM

1 posts, read 6,324 times
does anyone know anything about Audubon Villas at Hunters Creek. Safe area etc. thanks

Old 03-16-2010, 04:16 PM

4 posts, read 17,935 times
Default audobon villas

I was also love to hear opinions on the condos at hunters creek, especially audobon villas.

thanks
Jamie

Old 03-19-2010, 08:26 AM

4 posts, read 17,935 times
Default audubon villas

That is the exact rating I found and it made me very nervous! I feel like I am walking in circles and am so completely frustrated. I need to find a place so my parents can live there, but I live in Mass and they are in NJ and it seems like an impossible feat.

jamie

Old 03-22-2010, 05:58 PM

36 posts, read 73,088 times
Default Jamie -

Can you or your parents qualify for 55+? That sounds nicer/safer if you or them can qualify. Just a suggestion....I'm still researching and trying to get answers. Let me know if you get info.

Moderator cut: No signatures allowed. Removed personal info

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-22-2010 at 06:33 PM..

Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 PM

4 posts, read 22,616 times
I lived in this complex for 2 years. It is fraught with crime. There are robberies on a routine basis. My neighbor's downstairs apartment was robbed in broad daylight. The "gated" community's gate is frequently broken and either the back gate can be left locked, which is a major nuisance, or it remains open for weeks at a time awaiting repair, which is a major grievance. The pool is nice but frequently people not of the complex jump the fence. One resident with a festering skin ailment was recently seen by our family members swimming in the pool. Hopefully, "lots and lots of chlorine will kill that," we were told by staff. The air conditioning units do not function properly unless both the upstairs and its corresponding downstairs unit are inhabited because they are essentially both connected. What happens is that if one unit is vacated, which is frequent, the air conditioner will not be operating since the complex will not pay electric for air. Then the air conditioner in the habited unit has issues in that it does not clear appropriately and black mold builds up in and on the wall. Then staff comes and throws bleach at your walls to kill the mold. This happened to us on a routine basis. Water moccasins (large poisonous snakes) are a frequent problem, particular early evening. The homeowners association fees are expensive; it is tough to get appropriate issues resolved. There are many more issues. Reside there are your own discretion, risk or peril.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:15 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
I think Hunters Creek si a really nice area. When you don't have concerns about the ratings of the high school it makes it even better. There are some other really nice areas as well that can offer an even nicer lifestyle. Vizcaya has some beautiful places, as do some of the other communities in Dr. Phillips.
Much depends on what you are wanting to pay for and value.

There are so many variations in price so it will likely come down to the price range you want to be in. if you want 30-45k then there a re a couple really nice neighborhood for that, if you want 50-70k then there are some better ones for that, if you step up to the 100's+ then you will have the most options and the best features, with the best areas.

The things to be aware of are the HOA fees and status, The position in the building, without elevators the elderly will want the lower floors, and the surrounding amenities. There are some decent choices in all price ranges. A beer budget does not preclude safety and beauty though.... There is hope.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 AM

17 posts, read 42,133 times
Take AONE advice, be aware of the status of the HOA. Some of these complexes have raised their fees so high to pay for all the foreclosed units. Some of the HOA's are not financially stable. If you want a condo in Hunters Creek, Golfview is the best of the bunch. They are not a condo conversion, so they dont have the high foreclosure rate like the other projects . There is a 3/2 listed for $68,900 in Golfview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando