U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 05:13 PM

10,878 posts, read 23,730,093 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any recommendations for a woodsy campground with some activities going on? Are there any with indoor water parks or pools? I don't even know if any exist in FL. We usually stay at Sugar Mill Ruins in New Smyrna and really like it. We are just looking to try someplace different. I know it will be chilly this weekend, so we will have a campfire. Even if there are indoor activities closeby, that will work. We're not interested in race week either.

Would like it to be within an hour or so from Lake Mary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 05:21 PM

4,187 posts, read 9,549,786 times
There is wekiva falls resort. I went there last summer and it was pretty cool. It might be too cold this weekend to go in the spring but there is a heated outdoor pool and a new club house with activities in it. You can also go canoeing and fishing. It doesn't have any indoor water parks, its more of a nature type place. but its pretty fun for a weekend trip. and its prolly about 10 mins away from where you live.

http://www.wekivafalls.com/

Old 02-01-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
There is wekiva falls resort. I went there last summer and it was pretty cool. It might be too cold this weekend to go in the spring but there is a heated outdoor pool and a new club house with activities in it. You can also go canoeing and fishing. It doesn't have any indoor water parks, its more of a nature type place. but its pretty fun for a weekend trip. and its prolly about 10 mins away from where you live.

Florida RV Camping, Florida RV Parks - Wekiva Falls Resort in Sorrento, Florida.
Wow, they really cleaned that place up. We went there avout 6-7 years ago and weren't happy at all. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:33 PM

385 posts, read 1,187,031 times
Fort Wilderness Campground at Walt Disney World is just under an hour from Lake Mary and has a ton of activities. It's more pricey than Wekiva Falls, $62/night this weekend for an RV spot versus $40 for Wekiva Falls. Don't know about building a campfire there; they don't have any indoor pool but their two outdoor pools are heated. I'm not a camper, but I do go there sometimes to eat and for the activities.

Web site: The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

-Harry

Old 02-03-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgebel View Post
Fort Wilderness Campground at Walt Disney World is just under an hour from Lake Mary and has a ton of activities. It's more pricey than Wekiva Falls, $62/night this weekend for an RV spot versus $40 for Wekiva Falls. Don't know about building a campfire there; they don't have any indoor pool but their two outdoor pools are heated. I'm not a camper, but I do go there sometimes to eat and for the activities.

Web site: The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

-Harry
Thank you. I know about them but they are booked for the weekend.

GLS2010: OMG, we took a ride by Wekiva Falls today. That place was spotless, so different than when we went several years ago. They have a new pool and clubhouse. The slide is up and functioning. (not that we will be able to use it this weekend) They have tons of sites too. On Sat, they have a river cruise at sunset that lasts an hour. They are a little pricey at $40/night, but I think we will be trying it. It is only 15 minutes from home too.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:06 PM

Bump! We're going camping this weekend. We are looking for a place with activities going (band/DJ). Also, someplace with alot of activities on-site so we don't have to leave the campground. Suggestions?

We've been to Wekiva Falls for a visit and they did clean it up. It was packed! We're looking for another place now.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:54 PM

Any ideas for Memorial Day weekend?

Old 05-21-2011, 01:57 PM

3,240 posts, read 5,329,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Any ideas for Memorial Day weekend?

Have you ever camped at Tropical Palms in Kissimmee? It is located behind Old town and we used to just walk up to Old town for the activities there. Haven't camped in a few years so not sure what the condition of the park is, but we had lots of fun there. The campground virtually is right next to Disney property where they built Celebration.

On weekends Old Town has an Old Car Cruise which is awesome. Old Town is a little seedier than it was years ago, but I think it is still safe and a fun place to go. If you do want to lieavee the park you have all the Disney options at Down Town Disney not too far away.

Tropical Palms Resort and Campground - Orlando, Florida

Old Town: Shopping, Dining, Entertainment Attraction, Amusement Park and Car Cruises in Kissimmee, Florida

Old 05-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Have you ever camped at Tropical Palms in Kissimmee? It is located behind Old town and we used to just walk up to Old town for the activities there. Haven't camped in a few years so not sure what the condition of the park is, but we had lots of fun there. The campground virtually is right next to Disney property where they built Celebration.

On weekends Old Town has an Old Car Cruise which is awesome. Old Town is a little seedier than it was years ago, but I think it is still safe and a fun place to go. If you do want to lieavee the park you have all the Disney options at Down Town Disney not too far away.

Tropical Palms Resort and Campground - Orlando, Florida

Old Town: Shopping, Dining, Entertainment Attraction, Amusement Park and Car Cruises in Kissimmee, Florida
Yes, as a matter of a fact, we have stayed in the cabins. We liked it there alot but there wasn't much going on as far as entertainment by the pool which we like. We haven't been there in a long time and we may just go back again.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:37 PM

73 posts, read 306,440 times
I don't have any ideas for you but would love to hear places you recommend b/c we are getting an RV in a couple of weeks )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando