U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:27 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,457,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq72 View Post
wow I came on here to see what was going on at Hunters Creek and now I am thinking moving back to Orlando would be a big mistake! What a bunch of freaks getting all bent out of shape because someone said there was a place robbed in Avalon park too! WOW

We left Orlando in 2006 and miss our families, but for the life of me I can't come up with one positive thing about Orlando that makes me want to move back! You all need to grow up and stretch your wings, you'll be shocked to find out that Orlando isn't all that after all!
Freaks?

You assume that everyone was born and raised in Orlando, but a lot of us moved here from other places and prefer life here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 03:41 PM

8 posts, read 12,707 times
no I don't assume anything, I am well aware that the majority of Florida is made up of people from other areas!

Old 02-05-2010, 05:17 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,668,695 times
Never mind...not gonna go there...

Last edited by JustinsMama; 02-05-2010 at 05:52 PM..

Old 02-05-2010, 06:09 PM

8,965 posts, read 4,638,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq72 View Post
wow I came on here to see what was going on at Hunters Creek and now I am thinking moving back to Orlando would be a big mistake! What a bunch of freaks getting all bent out of shape because someone said there was a place robbed in Avalon park too! WOW

We left Orlando in 2006 and miss our families, but for the life of me I can't come up with one positive thing about Orlando that makes me want to move back! You all need to grow up and stretch your wings, you'll be shocked to find out that Orlando isn't all that after all!

Bunch of freaks? I dont think anyone is freaking out because places in Avalon Pk or Hunter's Creek got robbed. It's not the norm, but these things happen in Orlando, even in nice areas. I live in AP and there have been 2 murders in the same subdivision a few neighborhoods north of us. But to say people are freaking out, I just dont see that. All of us on this forum for the most part are all well aware - whether they like Orlando or not - that crime is a part of Orlando. It's not the worst city in America, but it was number 7 or 11 a few yrs ago. so I dont think anyone is really freakin out to be honest, in fact, pretty much everyone is just stating an opinion, and we are all getting along just fine, even if our opinions differ.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:37 PM

4,187 posts, read 9,476,682 times
plus, the crime rate has been down a lot this passed year. I don't think we are ranked 7 anymore, but they haven't made any new lists yet using 2009's numbers so who knows. Crime happens all over this country.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:02 PM

8,965 posts, read 4,638,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
plus, the crime rate has been down a lot this passed year. I don't think we are ranked 7 anymore, but they haven't made any new lists yet using 2009's numbers so who knows. Crime happens all over this country.

I would think Orlando's crime rate (or ranking) has gone down considerably.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:44 PM

5,712 posts, read 11,242,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Bunch of freaks? I dont think anyone is freaking out because places in Avalon Pk or Hunter's Creek got robbed. It's not the norm, but these things happen in Orlando, even in nice areas. I live in AP and there have been 2 murders in the same subdivision a few neighborhoods north of us. But to say people are freaking out, I just dont see that. All of us on this forum for the most part are all well aware - whether they like Orlando or not - that crime is a part of Orlando. It's not the worst city in America, but it was number 7 or 11 a few yrs ago. so I dont think anyone is really freakin out to be honest, in fact, pretty much everyone is just stating an opinion, and we are all getting along just fine, even if our opinions differ.
Crime is a part of every city, except Asheville, NC just kidding

In all seriosity, crime is a part of every city big and small. Com I am going to rep you for this post.

I have yet to see anybody freak out about crime in this town. In Hunter's Creek which seems virtually crime free it is not. When a major crime does occur here (such as the recent robbery at the Publix I work at, or the time those thieves drove their car through the front door of office depot and stole those computers) It becomes the "talk of the town" per se. But nobody freaks out and then leaves because the neighborhood is "unsafe"

We have more important things to freak out about then crime. Liek those Conway and Azalea Park residents who have to pay for flood insurance because FEMA marked them off the flood plain even though they never flood EVER. That is something to at least get upset about

The crime stories are disheartening to hear, especially in your own hometown. But it is simply a part of life. Most of us are good hard working law abiding citizens ruin it for the rest of us. Sad but true. In spite of a major crime happening in my neighborhood, yours or anyones, all you can really do is just continue to go about your life and dont dwell on it. Even if the crime happens to you

My2 cents

Old 02-07-2010, 07:37 AM

283 posts, read 772,156 times
10 minutes from my house Relatives, friends mourn slain Hempstead woman, son , should i move ? I still have Hunter's Creek in the top 3 places to look to relocate my family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando