Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 12:23 AM

2,124 posts, read 4,482,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by customizerwannabe View Post
Well excuse me. The realtor told me where Winter Garden was and I thought that ghetto was it. Either way, if Winter Garden borders that....no thanks. My 10 and 12 year olds don't need to be anywhere near that. Tattoo shops in an indoor shopping mall. Please.
The nicer areas that annerk mentioned border other nice areas. Besides, if you don't want your kids at West Oaks, I'm sure your car will drive you 15 minutes out to Millenia

There are many beautiful, family-oriented communities out there. I think it may be worth looking more into. You were just misguided this time and ended up in a bad area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 PM

15 posts, read 33,275 times
Got to Mt. Dora. Seemed like a beautiful area. Lake Mary was, of course, very nice. Heathrow is great if you're a lotto winner.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:53 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,239,524 times
Quote:
Got to Mt. Dora. Seemed like a beautiful area. Lake Mary was, of course, very nice. Heathrow is great if you're a lotto winner.
But be careful, you might make a wrong turn and end up in Leesburg, and think its Mt Dora or be in Sanford and think your in Lake Mary or Heathrow. And then they'll have to strike those towns as pawn shops and thrift stores.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:47 PM

15 posts, read 33,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp2007 View Post
And then they'll have to strike those towns as pawn shops and thrift stores.
Should read " Then you'll have to strike out those towns because of pawn shops and thrift stores." Proofread if you want to insult. It works much better. Don't tell me. You're a product of the Orlando public school system.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:01 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,239,524 times
Actually I went to school in PA, thank you.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:20 PM

2,124 posts, read 4,482,418 times
Quote:
Mt. Dora is a pretty town but I don't think it's a great place to raise kids IMHO. The schools aren't very good. Besides, it's kind of out in the middle of nowhere. But if you like the more rural, southern vibe you'll find it there.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:39 AM

3 posts, read 7,171 times
Johns Lake Pointe in Winter Garden is a brand new subdivision you might want to check out. There is a community pool, playground, tennis courts, and clubhouse. There are a bunch of beautiful conservation view lots to choose from and the community has a very nice feel to it.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:18 PM

18 posts, read 89,862 times
My wife and I were driving through Winter Garden when we came across the Winter Garden Village/Fowlers Grove. We were very impressed. The only thing that would make it better is if it were air conditioned. It was only in the low 80's and it got hot walking around so I can imagine how it must be in July and August.

We liked what we saw of Winter Garden are there any 55plus communities in Winter Garden. I googled 55plus in Winter Garden and came up empty.

Thanks for any help..........Bob

Old 05-23-2011, 06:43 AM

193 posts, read 621,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesearcher71 View Post
My wife and I were driving through Winter Garden when we came across the Winter Garden Village/Fowlers Grove. We were very impressed. The only thing that would make it better is if it were air conditioned. It was only in the low 80's and it got hot walking around so I can imagine how it must be in July and August.

We liked what we saw of Winter Garden are there any 55plus communities in Winter Garden. I googled 55plus in Winter Garden and came up empty.

Thanks for any help..........Bob
I don't know of any in Winter Garden but one of the realtors that frequent the forum might have knowledge of one.

I did find this web site that might help your search. The communities in Clermont are just to the west of Winter Garden Village/Fowlers Grove.
55+ Communities for Central Florida. I didn't see Heritage Hills (Clermont) on the list but I'm pretty sure it is a 55+.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:22 AM

86 posts, read 230,839 times
Winter Garden is so crowded now. In 5 years even with a down market, its going to be even worse. The city has issued almost 100k building permits for the area for the next few years. At least they are working on expanding some of the roads now and not later. I was boind and determined I was moving to Winter Garden when I was shopping for a house. Had a list of about 25 homes to look at. The homes were absolutely beautiful but after 6 homes and seeing the area and future growth, I looked elsewhere in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando