Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:59 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
As of right now there is no public transportation that travels between both roads but there has been talk about a rail system of some type for years now but it is always shot down. For now here are some options:
Greyhound provides bus service from Downtown Tampa to Orlando and Walt Disney World (via Kissimmee).
Amtrack travels from Tampa to Kissimmee as well.
Also, if you are a year pass holder to Sea World and/or Busch Gardens they provide free transportation from one park to the other.
Hope this helps a little and hope you enjoy Disney World and Palm Harbor
I think they rail system actually passed a vote to build it, so it was supposed to get built and about a year later I think I remember Jeb Bush saying something about that the money wasn't there to build it and that was the end of it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 09:17 PM

16 posts, read 19,754 times
I'm moving to Orlando (suburb) next year for work and my parents have already told me, everyone's going to want to come visit you when you move there. So my sister and I are sharing an apt because she's going to college there and we are only getting a TWO bedroom, and a very uncomfortable couch! Ha! My whole family is obsessed with Disney Parks so I will definitely be taking advantage of my Florida resident passholder discount. I'm very excited about the move.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:20 PM

56 posts, read 314,084 times
This is exactly why I want to move back to Orlando. No offense but the parks here in L.A just do not measure up to the parks in Orlando. Or at least not in my humble opinion. Plus I miss being only across the street (somewhat) from Seaworld.

Can't wait until my lease is up. That is the only thing keeping me from moving right away LOL

Old 07-19-2007, 07:33 AM

7 posts, read 22,203 times
Default Disneyland vs. Walt Disney World

You are right in that WDW is unbeatable (next to Tokyo Disneyland in my opinion). However, Anaheim's Disneyland is still #1 in my heart because it is Walt's true park, the one where he actually walked its streets, the one he actually designed and built. If you're a Disney purist, then Anaheim can't be beat, even if it is 52 years old. But for sheer magic, fun and 'wow' factor, WDW is AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABlue View Post
This is exactly why I want to move back to Orlando. No offense but the parks here in L.A just do not measure up to the parks in Orlando. Or at least not in my humble opinion. Plus I miss being only across the street (somewhat) from Seaworld.

Can't wait until my lease is up. That is the only thing keeping me from moving right away LOL

Old 07-19-2007, 07:53 PM

1,722 posts, read 3,748,242 times
I've had annual passes to both Disney and Universal since 2004 and even though I don't go as often as I used to, I still frequent the parks...except in the summer.

Make sure you get AP's to the parks once you get settled.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:08 PM

13 posts, read 38,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
I've had annual passes to both Disney and Universal since 2004 and even though I don't go as often as I used to, I still frequent the parks...except in the summer.

Make sure you get AP's to the parks once you get settled.
How much do AP's run for FL residents?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:30 PM

7 posts, read 22,203 times
Default Walt Disney World Annual Pass Questions

OH! You're making me so envious! If/when I move to FL, I'm definitely getting annual passes for me and my daughter. I sure wish they had a VIP fastpass option. If you want the water parks, Pleasure Island, Disney Quest, etc., are these all separate passes? Is there an all-in-one whiz-bang annual pass available? Are passholders allowed to use the Disney transportation system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Du Kwan View Post
I couldn't even IMAGINE getting sick of the parks.
Even something as tired as Honey I shrunk The Audience, still tickles me when I see and hear 1st timers lose their minds when the (*SPOILER*) mice brush by their feet! Asking the wife and our friends if they wanna do dinner @ Tony's Town Square, or Les Chefs de France on a whim.....Good times indeed! After that, we can head on over to Fantasia Gardens, Hawaiian Rumble, or Pirate's Cove for a round of mini golf. Go BACK to Epcot and watch Illuminations, then head on home. I'll never understand why more native Floridians don't take full advantage of this stuff. I guess it's kinda like up here in Boston. I can count the number of times I've been down the Cape on one hand in 30 odd years. Haven't been to the Old North Church, or Paul Revere's house since 2nd grade. So I GUESS I can kinda see where they're coming from.

Lisa drom DeBary: "**Misogynist Hunter**"

Hahahahahahaha!!! That's good!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by free ranger View Post
How much do AP's run for FL residents?
Universal doesn't distinguish between residents and non-residents...their rates are low all the time! A one year Preferred Annual Pass (which is what I have) will run you around $200/year with NO black-out dates and free parking. You also get discounts on food, merchandise and hard-ticket events as well. Here's a HUGE plus for Universal: They will allow up to 6 guests to purchase tickets with your discount. The one park discount is 10% and two park is 15%. This will come in handy when you have family/friends visiting. Universal often runs a buy 1 year get 1 year free deal so I would definately take advantage of that. The renewal is only $99 plus tax and you would get your money out of it after the second visit.

Disney on the other hand offers a great deal for FL residents but with some important omissions. The unrestricted "regular" annual pass runs around $345/year with no black-out dates and free parking. Disney however does not offer any in park discounts and they don't offer an EZ-pay option like Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens do. Basically...you're getting the parking and park tickets and unless you want to stay onsite or eat at a pretty expensive restaurant, you don't get any other discounts. Disney's renewal is $300/year if you renew within 30 days of expiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLDriver View Post
OH! You're making me so envious! If/when I move to FL, I'm definitely getting annual passes for me and my daughter. I sure wish they had a VIP fastpass option. If you want the water parks, Pleasure Island, Disney Quest, etc., are these all separate passes? Is there an all-in-one whiz-bang annual pass available? Are passholders allowed to use the Disney transportation system?
You can purchase the all inclusive Disney pass which includes the water parks, Disney Quest, etc. for about $100 more than the unrestricted pass mentioned above and yes...you can use Disney transport if you are parked in one lot and want to go to another park and not fool with moving the car.

Hope that helps!

Old 07-31-2007, 03:28 PM

18 posts, read 138,197 times
My husband & I moved here about 3 years ago for the sun, fun, and entertainment. We have SeaWorld, Universal, and Disney annual passes, and I don't expect to ever be without them.

SeaWorld: gold pass - you only have to go a few times to make $ back on it. Also free parking. It's the only park we go to without spending a dime - (they have LOTS of free beer!) If you want to go once, it's silly to not get a pass.

Universal: Annual Preffered Pass. Free parking plus discounts to other events. When you compare their daily prices to the annual prices, if you go at least 3 times, you've made up for it. We love just wandering around with a cold drink and enjoying the sites and hitting a ride if the line is short!

Disney: Annual pass with blockout dates. The priceiest pass by far. But if you go about 4 times, it's enough. Doesn't include parking, but us locals know how to get around that! Also, the blockout dates are when I wouldn't want to be there anyway - hot summer, spring break, christmas.

Anyway, we LOVE the parks and everyone told us it'd wear off soon too. Nope. We only want to move closer now. I'm sick of original "orlandoians" trashing the parks. They are fun and it's the vacation capitol of the world.

I LOVE the problem of deciding which park to go to over the weekend. Although I am spoiled now and won't wait longer than 30mins for a ride!

Old 07-31-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlando View Post
Although I am spoiled now and won't wait longer than 30mins for a ride!
I usually go a lot once summer is over. I hate dealing with the heat and crowds.

Now if only HHN would get here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando