U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:02 PM

191 posts, read 826,041 times

Advertisements

For those familiar with Disney World, especially Magic Kingdom....

I haven't been there for years, and wondered -- can small children (1 years old) ride any of the rides, like It's a Small World?
Would it be worth visiting with a child that young?
(I know they won't remember it, but think they would enjoy the sights, music, etc.)
Pros and Con?

Any advice appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 12:32 PM

217 posts, read 693,171 times
Answer: Yes.

Be advised, however, that this ride may break down right in the middle of it.
And although the BOATS stop....Those singing audio animatronic dolls do not. Get stuck there for any longer than 10 minutes and you'll have nightmares and wake up in a cold sweat while blurting out, "IIIIIT'S A SMAAAALL WORLD AAAAAFTER AAAALL......"!!!!

Godspeed

Old 06-01-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Du Kwan View Post
Answer: Yes.

Be advised, however, that this ride may break down right in the middle of it.
And although the BOATS stop....Those singing audio animatronic dolls do not. Get stuck there for any longer than 10 minutes and you'll have nightmares and wake up in a cold sweat while blurting out, "IIIIIT'S A SMAAAALL WORLD AAAAAFTER AAAALL......"!!!!

Godspeed
Thanks -
What rides or places would you recommend for a 1 year old at Disney World?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:08 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,084,408 times
The Dumbo the flying elephant ride and there is a similar ride in the Bazaar at Agrabar, it has camels standing around it.

The Safari ride is fun as well. The Merry go round, is cool. The train that goes around the entire park is fun AND there is a special play area behind Tomorrow land gear toward small children, you can also go there to see Micky Mouse's house and Minnies as well, these are walk through kind of things. You can also stand in line to meet the characters and get some really cool pictures of your child with the different characters.

I have taken pictures of my daughter so often with them, its sort of like a measurement of how much she has grown now.

If you are wanting to take your child t a character meal, there is one in The Magic Kingdom you might like, I can't remember the name of it, call 407-WDW-DINE in advance and ask whats available in The Magic Kingdom, its a buffet style and the characters come around to the table, but so you don't have to wait its good to get a reservation.

Bring a stroller and something to protect you from the rain, we have nice showers in the afternoon. Sometimes thats the best time to try and get on the busy rides...people think they are going to melt.

If you are a fan of The Little Mermaid, you can also get in line at the Groto and get your childs picture with Ariel. When my daughter first went there, she was so young she thought Ariel was real, she reached out and touched Ariels fin in amazement.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:13 PM

1,418 posts, read 8,906,275 times
I would advise against taking children under the age of three to Disney. This time of year, it's HOT! Heat, small children, crowds, changing diapers, and feeding don't mix well at all. Not to mention all of the stuff you need to carry around to take care of a one year old.

Yes, you can take your one-year-old child on quite a few of the rides / shows at the Magic Kindgom, enough to fill your day, anyway. But, the kid won't like it. You won't like it. The entire expensive day just ends up being a pointless and painful disaster.

I had to hold myself and my wife back until my kid was three to take her to Disney. Even then, we still had our difficulties.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:19 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,084,408 times
Its not that big a deal...babies are so fragile as long as their parents are looking out for them.

Another fun place are the water parks, there is a child friendly area where EVEN A one year old would have fun.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:20 PM

217 posts, read 693,171 times
Character meals @ the MK:

Crystal Palace

Cinderella's Royal Table

Old 06-01-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
I would advise against taking children under the age of three to Disney. This time of year, it's HOT! Heat, small children, crowds, changing diapers, and feeding don't mix well at all. Not to mention all of the stuff you need to carry around to take care of a one year old.

Yes, you can take your one-year-old child on quite a few of the rides / shows at the Magic Kindgom, enough to fill your day, anyway. But, the kid won't like it. You won't like it. The entire expensive day just ends up being a pointless and painful disaster.

I had to hold myself and my wife back until my kid was three to take her to Disney. Even then, we still had our difficulties.
We would be going in either October or early December (before school gets out for Christmas break) to try and avoid heat and crowds as much as possible. I appreciate your response---we're considering it now and trying to decide if it would be worth it. We will have grandparents with us who will help out, probably wouldn't consider it otherwise!

I appreciate all who have responded. Thanks a lot!!

Old 06-01-2007, 02:41 PM

672 posts, read 566,356 times
We took my younger daughter (years ago) when she was 3 years old. MAJOR mistake. It was July and about 98 degrees. That alone was bad enough, but for a 3 year old, other than seeing Mickey "up close and personal" at meals, even the rides (even the kiddie ones) didn't appeal much to her, especially waiting on LONG lines to get on one of them. She spend a lot of the time CRYING.

My older daughter was 8 at the time. She had a MUCH better time. I would not recommend taking a child much younger than that.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:48 PM

633 posts, read 2,725,780 times
I agree that babies don't make good companions at amusement parks... especially in the summer heat here in Orlando... it's brutal. It's a lot of money to spend for the family outting and Disney is so much more fun when the kids are all old enough to appreciate it. We actually took our older kids and left the baby home with Grandmom when we lived near Disneyland. The little one didn't know the difference!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: