U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 12:53 PM

3 posts, read 13,955 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Bellalago since Feb of 2003 and have seen a lot of changes in our area. From new business on Pleasant hill rd to the expansion of the Poinciana retail section. Even now Bellalago is finally finishing their own retail section with Walgreens and Publix. I say finally because they have been slated since I bought in 2002. But, better late than never. We did have an artificially inflated "Gold Rush" time here in 05 & 06. However today the homes are coming back down and have settled back at late 2003 pricing. And that is everywhere not just here.
If you have children you will love it here. The Bellalago Schools will always make room for resident children. If you want to know schools ratings go to www.GreatSchools.com.
If you want to know what is for sale in Bellalago just do a search for Bellalago homes or see the Bellalago blog dot com.
Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 10:29 PM

7 posts, read 57,398 times
Default Bellalago Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY20 View Post
Hello Keith, I just came from visiting the bellalago homes and I did like what it had to offer. Do you know if the academy is a private school and if so how much is the tuition there? Looking to relocate to florida and was wondering is it worth moving to bella lago? Lokking for that gated community setting. When they graduate from that school , what high school do they attend? Thx
After attending Bellalago Academy they will be zoned to attend the new high school called "Liberty High School". The school just opened this year. Its about a short 3 minute drive from the gates at Bellalago. Bellalago Academy is a charter school that is district run. No tuition is involved with attending the school. Osceola County public school system just voted to have every student wear manditory uniforms. So even if you choose another area in Osceola County, your child will still be required to wear a uniform.

Moderator cut: ..

Last edited by Keeper; 05-05-2008 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: realtor soliciting not allowed

Old 05-23-2008, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 10,262 times
Default Bellalago in kissimmee

I also live in Bellalago and thank goodness I bought before the boom and all the changes. It's a nice community with it's share of problems. Just like many places across the country. Fees going up faster than they should and values going down ever faster. But a community is what you make it. The more you put in the better it will be. I must admit that today the price you can buy in here is the same I paid in 2004. And when I bought the prices were on the way up.
I remember when I bought the map showed up the new shopping center just outside our gates. That was in 2004 and it is just scheduled to be finished this year in 2008. That is typical of how things work here. Leave the New York attitude at home we're in Florida now, I've been told.
We don't have any rug rats so I don't know how the school is. But that is what I get not being old enough to buy in Ashton woods.
If you want to see the Bellalago home prices you can check out the [url=http://www.Bellalagohomes.net]BellalagoHomes.Net[/url] site. They have all the homes listed on there. Do a search in the [url=http://www.Orlandosentinnel.com]orlandosentinnel.com[/url] for stories on BELLALAGO and POINCIANA and see if this is somewhere you want to live. You must also keep in mind that unlike other cities there is no real transportation system here. Sure we have buses but no trains unless you need to take the Amtrack to work. So, you will be driving a lot when you move here.
Happy Moving
Jay

Old 05-23-2008, 07:16 PM

986 posts, read 3,038,943 times
It is one of the nicer communities in the area. As already stated, the surrounding areas are not fantastic, and this probably contributes to many properties not selling. Also, consider even at these prices for that the are slightly over inflated. Consider i just sourced a 3 bed 2 bath property for a customer for $139,990.00 ready to go already built from the builder. As a community i would recommend it. I would recommend using a realtor who either specializes in the residential resale in that area or has a good working relationship with the builder.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 9,976 times
Default Liberty high needs your input & ideas!

Come one ~ Come all!
SAC Meeting @ Liberty High on Sept 16, 2008 at 6:30pm!

The high school that serves Bellalago and the surrounding area would love to have your input on making the school an even more wonderful goal achieving adventure for the students, staff, and community.
Let your ideas be heard. Meet the new principal, Mr. Studly, and other fine people of the community. You DO NOT have to be a parent of a student at Liberty to attend. This is a community based group of people that want the very best for the school.

We hope to see you there! GO CHARGERS!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:34 PM

8,217 posts, read 10,369,971 times
Well I just listed another one in the community. It certainly is an area to get a lot of bang for the buck. One right after another is a short sale so there is a great ability to find a lot of home for the money. It seems the area has not built out so well so far. Seems too many homes are not selling, especially for what they originally went for.

The elementary school there is really nice as are the community features. It isn't as far as poinciana so you don't feel like you are quite in the middle of nothing. I like that the homes all have the tile roofs and the paver drives. I think it is a nice area but it just needs families that can afford it ti move in and make it thrive. All in time.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:58 AM

1,594 posts, read 4,669,397 times
I agree with Aone, Bellalago is a really nice community. The Charter school is one of the best schools in the county and now they have a Publix and Mcdonalds right outside the gates. I live near this area and don't have any of the problems Poinciana has and think it's most of the communities off of Pleasant Hill are really nice.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:32 PM

2 posts, read 11,684 times
Thumbs up bellalago

What i believe that happen was people started to loose there jobs and could not afford there house any more people always talking about the house market going down but they dont talk about the high taxes that is killing our pockets in bellalago a regular house pays $5,800 in taxes thats $483.00 a month thats another mortgage we should talk about taxes killing our pockets you might have a mortgage of $1,500 it sounds good but when you add $483.00 for taxes and $250.00 comm. fees and electric is so high at least $275.00 a month and water and sewer $100.00 it adds up the little mortgage got big $2,608 in total and remember and insurance,food,gas,car insurance it gets crazy $$$$ and i think people dont see that when they buy a house thats why so many foreclosed property everywhere !!!!!! i hope we could get back on track and try to get taxes lower it could help

Old 04-11-2009, 06:11 AM

31 posts, read 95,955 times
I visited Bella Lago with my family and my dad got his offer approved if all goes well we will be moving there in 4 months. I went there really liked the Ameneties it was nice. I saw a winn dixie and walgreens just outside it but with everything to do there. It seems like there is no need to leave it my questions are. How far is it from Valencia college and UCF. driving wise and is the crime outside Bella Lago real bad.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:58 AM

1,594 posts, read 4,669,397 times
Crime outside Bellalago is not bad. South of that area in Poinciana does have its problems but its not horrible as long as you are not looking for trouble or doing something you shouldn't.

The drive to Valencia Osceola campus is about 15-20 minutes away and the drive to UCF is an hour or more. If you were to go to UCF I would suggest getting your classes very close to each other and on the same days so you wouldn't have to make that trip more than needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando