U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 08:18 PM

518 posts, read 464,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJVICK123 View Post
So I have read a lot on Bellalago from 2010 back. How is it now? I am in contract with a house there now. How is the neighborhood? Crime? Is the HOA a pain in the butt? I am doing as much research as possible. Values have started to climb but so far have remained conservatively steady. I am buying a 3/2 for 146,500 with closing assistance (REO). Does any one have any advise for a future resident of Bellalago? Any info would be appreciated.

Vic
My wife & I purchased a new construction home on the waterfront at Bellalago in Kissimmee, a year ago, Vick. We relocated to FL from LA, CA. We absolutely love it here. We're very satisfied with the quality of our AV home. The HOA is good, & we're very pleased with the security. We love the excellently maintained community pool, waterways, boating, bike paths, & nature preserve atmosphere. All our neighbors are equally dedicated to their homes. The Recession is over. Prices are on the way back up. Construction is picking up. As a real estate professional, I believe you cannot find a more beautiful community (Bellalago) & more bang for the $ anywhere else in or around metropolitan Orlando. You can always spend more...but I believe anyone would have a heck of a time finding better for less. Feel free to contact me directly for more info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 313 times
Default Bellalago Kissimmee FL

Originally I felt discouraged from moving into the area, like many others. After living there I have noticed a major improvement. Bellalago is surrounded by a bad name area as far as reputation goes. Yes traffic is terriable but will improve by the widening of roads. You have to keep in mind that the area is still under heavy construction as more people move in faster then construction can start. With a major collage being built beside Bellalago, so there has been research that was done, including by other businesses that are being developed. Crime rates are dropping as law enforcement is starting to enforce the laws more often. Although I cannot wait for a actual building for them to be built, as they built the fire station which is now complete.

Schools had bad ratings because of the change in how they where rated, however the ratings are going up as well. Bellalago will eventually in the near future make its school only available for its Bellalago residents, which should help its rating exponentially. I do wish that they put more law enforcement officers around school zones during drop off and pick up times.

Bellalago community has lots to offer for its pricing. I would suggest to get a house with lake view it is relaxing and the pricing for getting your own boating dock in your back yard is very reasonable. The lake which you have access to is known for competitive fishing. Bellalago is also one of a few communities in which they actually value residents input upon improvement for its community. They actually value your input, which is hard to find when living in a HOA. Bellalago is also one of the few communities which gives back to the community such as runs where you could win money, Halloween parties that are great for the kids to enjoy.

Over all I give the area a 3 star rating. Home is where the heart is and what you make it. Everyone who says they regret moving ask them what they have done to improve the area. The likely answer is that they just complain to complain.

Improvements needed are as follows. Widening of road ways, law enforcement officials by surrounding schools for traffic control and ticketing. And hopefully more businesses will continue to move in.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:32 AM

12 posts, read 4,388 times
i bought my house in 07 for 415, after the crash of 08 it dropped drastically. I checked yesterday and it's last sale price was 166k! For a 5br 4ba house. One of the biggest models in the neighborhood. Loved the house and the neighborhood honestly. Getting through traffic was a bit of a nightmare during rush hour times but it wasn't a bad place.

Old 12-21-2016, 07:29 PM

518 posts, read 464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justashane View Post
i bought my house in 07 for 415, after the crash of 08 it dropped drastically. I checked yesterday and it's last sale price was 166k! For a 5br 4ba house. One of the biggest models in the neighborhood. Loved the house and the neighborhood honestly. Getting through traffic was a bit of a nightmare during rush hour times but it wasn't a bad place.
I'm sorry to hear of poster Justashane's misfortune. But just about everyone who purchased new construction in 2006 & early '07 found themselves victims of very bad timing. Many homeowners were hurt all over the country. We all took our lumps, one way or the other.

However...

The largest homes in Bellalago are all more than 3,000 sf, all the way up to over 5,600 sf. There is no way any of them are still selling for the fire sale price of $166K in 2016.

The last of the foreclosure properties in Bellalago are now selling in the area of $70 sf, or higher...& that's for a decade or more older distressed properties with substantial deferred maintenance, in dire need of new paint, carpet, appliances, sometimes completely new HVAC systems, pool refurbishing, etc.

Newer resales in good clean condition are now pulling upwards of $100 sf, & sometimes higher, especially on the smaller square footage single story models.

Brand new construction is going for anywhere from $100 sf on up to around $130 sf for fully upgraded waterfront properties.

Here are the latest 10 sales for larger homes in Bellalago, directly from today's MLS:

BOAT COVE CIR 3,000 sf $366,000 4 3 1 2006 $122.00 sf
EAGLE ISLE CIR 3,032 sf $252,000 5 4 0 2006 $83.11 sf
RIALTO CT 3,159 sf $323,990 5 3 0 2015 $102.56 sf
EAGLE ISLESLE CIR 3,406 sf $251,000 6 4 0 2006 $73.69 sf
HARBORSIDE CT 3,506 sf $340,000 5 4 0 2004 $96.98 sf
SOMERSET CIR 3,586 sf $350,000 4 3 1 2005 $97.60 sf
WINDWARD OAKS 3,636 sf $240,000 6 3 1 2003 $66.01 sf
EAGLE ISLE CIR 3,651 sf $280,000 5 4 1 2006 $76.69 sf
VALLEYVIEW DR 3,651 sf $310,000 5 4 1 2006 $84.91 sf
DOCKSIDE DR 5,646 sf $584,451 5 5 1 2016 $103.52 sf

Old 12-21-2016, 08:47 PM

12 posts, read 4,388 times
Jul 26, 2011
Sold (Public Records)
Public Records $166,000 20.7%/yr
May 27, 2011 Listed
MFRMLS #S4685475 ** —
Aug 10, 2007
Sold (Public Records)
Public Records $415,000 28.0%/yr
It's current value is 230.
It's considered a 4br because they don't count the loft.
Bad timing is right, right after that I lost my job and my wife lost her job. Countrywide did some scandalous stuff with our paperwork and before you know it, the house was in foreclosure. Burned through my savings in no time. Lost a lot on that house, by the time the class action lawsuit was done we received a settlement check for $300. I couldn't even be mad anymore, I just laughed and threw it away with the 80k I dropped into that place.
I've considered moving back to bellalago, it was a really nice neighborhood. It had a few problems here and there but over all it was a nice place if you didn't need to travel to orlando daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando