U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 03:07 PM

38 posts, read 168,895 times

Advertisements

We used to live in Winter Park many years ago (Left in 1992) and are now moving back. Can anyone give me some idea, or point me to a realtor, to find out what a modest 2/3 bedroom w/enclosed garage would cost nowadays? It does NOT have to be in the most expensive part of town, we are both retired and are on fixed incomes so we do not care about schools, employment, and etc.. Feel free to PM me with any info so as not to violate posting rules. I am at Frank Oliver 520-207-1841, Arizona. email is frankoliver@cox.net, simple huh?

Last edited by oldpartner; 03-04-2010 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 05:59 PM

1,064 posts, read 3,551,824 times
Glad to help, the price ranges in winter park greatly depending on the area of winter park really. The closer to Park Ave the more expensive it will be, but there are also some inexpensive properties down aloma past semoran but crime starts to be an issue.

I'd likely recommend checking out the Winter Park Pines and Brookshire Heights neighborhoods, Homes that need updating though will still be in the 150+ range more toward the 200K+ range.

An alternative though just down the street may be College Park or colonialtown area. The low 100's may start getting you a smaller place that needs a little work, but that area too for an updated home will be in the upper 100's, and pickings are few in that range....most of those area's are more expensive.

Any reason in particular you wanted to stick with Winter Park?

Old 03-04-2010, 06:16 PM

Default Response

We know Winter Park so want to stay in the area

Old 03-04-2010, 07:50 PM

Default Insurance

Well, I got such good results on the real estate question, let's see how this goes... Can anyone recommend a health insurance firm with policies comparable to what we have here in Arizona? We are with Healthnet of Arizona in their Ruby 1 plan. Since they do not operate in Florida, we will need to replace them with someone else. Any ideas???

BTW, this is going far better than I expected.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:59 PM

Default Narrow down location

I will try to narrow down the location for all interested parties:

North of downtown Winter Park, certainly not any South.

East of I-4, South of Derbyshire, West of Lake Howell Road, North of Palmer.

Does this help anyone? There should be a gazillion homes in that area.

Frank

Old 03-05-2010, 08:39 AM

1,064 posts, read 3,551,824 times
No idea on the health insurance, hopefully someone on the forum can help you with that.

As far as the area mentioned, that helps a ton. There are a hundred or so for sale with the Winter Park address with garage, (quite a few more with the maitland address) from 170K to 5.3 Mil, any price range you wanted to stay within?

Old 03-05-2010, 09:19 AM

Maitland address is OK. Like to stay under 200K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: