U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-11-2010, 05:06 PM

818 posts, read 1,046,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Well said. How long have you lived here for?
we lived in o town for 38 years and for me its just seeing it grow out of control.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 06:57 PM

5,858 posts, read 6,148,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInGreenville View Post
Three years, but family and friends are still there which means I'm there all the time, at least once a month. I'm moving back this summer, and currently live less than 1.5 hrs away. Murders happen everywhere, including Avalon Park. You live in a large metro area, it comes with the territory, and I guarantee it wasn't a random killing. Mayberry, Ashville, whats the difference?
LOL, you dont know the difference between Asheville and Mayberry? Yikes! And that's Asheville with an "e."

Old 03-11-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
there are over 20k people in the 32828 zip code, and the area goes into other zip coeds too like 32825 32826 32820 32833 and 32817. the area has a lot of people plus alot of people who are always in the area who live in the surrounding areas. And I think "many many vacant homes" is a bit of an exaggeration. Yes there are foreclosures but when your actually there you can't really tell, you may see one or two vacant homes out of ever 50 or so. And I saw today that based on newly released Feb numbers Orlando is no longer on the top 10 list of metro areas with the most foreclosures.
32825, 32826, 32820 and all those other zips are NOT Avalon Park.

I live here, it's not an exaggeration. There's more forclosures in my subdivision than in some entire zip codes in Asheville. One out of 50 are forclosures? You're dreaming man.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:17 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,822,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
32825, 32826, 32820 and all those other zips are NOT Avalon Park.

I live here, it's not an exaggeration. There's more forclosures in my subdivision than in some entire zip codes in Asheville. One out of 50 are forclosures? You're dreaming man.
Alright, I have never been in your specific sub division, its one of the newest so it prolly does have a lot. But im in plently of other subdivisions off avalon park blvd a lot and i don't notice a big abundance of vacant homes. that whole area is always crowded, it does not feel empty at all.

I was talking about the whole AP/waterford lakes area not just avalon park, cause when you were talking about the murders you said 3, which included one in waterford lakes developments. The whole avalon/waterford lakes area does go into those zips, they are all tied together. I'm not talking about the whole area of those zips, just the parts that boarder 32828. Like where lowes, BJs, Outback, Harley davidson, hooters and the rest of the places off lake underhill near alafaya trl, thats all 32825. and a lot of those developments have "waterford lakes" in their names, and If you've been to that hooters, the shirts that the girls wear say " Hooters waterford lakes, fl" on them. And the "innovation way" corridor, which connects to the entrance of AP is 32825. We were talking about the whole community not just avalon park, if you wanna be technical then you don't even live in avalon park.

Last edited by GLS2010; 03-11-2010 at 07:26 PM..

Old 03-11-2010, 07:18 PM

14,937 posts, read 7,046,599 times

Old 03-11-2010, 08:05 PM

32828 had the most forclosures in the Orlando area last time I saw the report. We both agree that the area should be safer and better than what it is. We agree on that, so no need to go back and forth.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 AM

8,376 posts, read 20,524,066 times
Again, you bash the entire state from Palm Coast/Ocala southward because you bought into a crappy subdivision. It's not about your area, which just about anyone will agree is crappy; it's about the exaggerations of the entire state and constant bashing of people of certain ethnic groups/regional origin.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:01 AM

14,937 posts, read 7,046,599 times
Lighten UP!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:57 PM

35 posts, read 85,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I wouldn't consider 32807 to be a "nice" area, quite the contrary Azalea Park has gone way down hill in the past 10-15 years. Its not the worst area in town either though

I made my own map to highlight the area of east orlando that has gone downhill the most, that is highlighted in red, neighborhoods are labeled blue, streets are labeled. I also made arrows pointing in the direction of adjacent neighborhoods
I moved to 32807 in 1968 when I was 4 years old and moved away in 1976. By dint of circumstances, I have recently moved back into the same house. In those days it was sort of on the outskirts of town, or at least it was 'on the way out of town' you might say and very laid back. Today it is the absolute pits. Vagrants, drug addicts, mental patients hanging around the Sams on the corner of 50 and Goldenrod. If you had said in the 70s this is the way it would become, they would have said you are crazy. I blame the rapid transit which has allowed this to happen, but things can't stay the same forever.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:23 PM

5,441 posts, read 7,157,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoman View Post
I moved to 32807 in 1968 when I was 4 years old and moved away in 1976. By dint of circumstances, I have recently moved back into the same house. In those days it was sort of on the outskirts of town, or at least it was 'on the way out of town' you might say and very laid back. Today it is the absolute pits. Vagrants, drug addicts, mental patients hanging around the Sams on the corner of 50 and Goldenrod. If you had said in the 70s this is the way it would become, they would have said you are crazy. I blame the rapid transit which has allowed this to happen, but things can't stay the same forever.
LOL at "rapid transit" i can never recall a time when lynx has ever been "rapid" lol

This is why buses do not run in certain neighborhoods or at the very least on the fringes of nice neighborhoods. they want to keep the riff raff that rides the bus out

This is why there isn't a lynx bus that goes into the center of Celebration, only at the edge of it along 192. Same goes for Waterford Lakes, no bus there. (They did have that 414 Alafaya Trailblazer for a little while but that didnt last) Same also goes for Dr Phillips, Windermere

Then again this city was never built to be "transit friendly" the roads here with th exception of downtown are not in a grid like other cities (Vegas is a great example)

Roads here go all around and are nowhere near being gridlike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando