Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:33 PM

189 posts, read 435,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Liking that first one man....any stories behind tha views you picked?

I drove through here once droppong my friend off at the Mad Cow theatre, and thought, "whoa orlando looks pretty urban in this view"
like a side street in a northern city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 07:02 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,667,150 times
Google Maps

Google Maps

Old 03-10-2010, 07:50 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,042,175 times
Quote:
yeah i agree those trees on that street by lake Eola make it feel nice while walking away from the drug dealers down on the lake...lol...just kidding...but i saw and heard of @#!! goin down on the lake before...but thanks for the post
There's no $#!+ goin down at the lake, unless you are talking about homeless people. I walk around it every evening.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:58 AM

Thornton Park...

Google Maps

Google Maps

Google Maps

Last edited by Pete C; 03-10-2010 at 08:56 AM..

Old 03-10-2010, 09:07 AM

BTW, have you guys tried Bing maps version of Street View? I am really not a big fan of Bing overall, but their implementation of street view is better. All pictures are mapped onto full 3D models of all the buildings, so when you look around, it is perspective correct and all the lines look straight. The downtown shots also appear to be clearer. Here is an example. The navigation is also easier. Unfortunately, there is not as much area coverage as Google.

Bing Maps

Here you can clearly see the superior mapping technology and how it affects the image:

The Paramount, Google vs Bing

orlando - Google Maps

Bing Maps

Last edited by Pete C; 03-10-2010 at 09:19 AM..

Old 03-10-2010, 05:11 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,778,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
BTW, have you guys tried Bing maps version of Street View? I am really not a big fan of Bing overall, but their implementation of street view is better. All pictures are mapped onto full 3D models of all the buildings, so when you look around, it is perspective correct and all the lines look straight. The downtown shots also appear to be clearer. Here is an example. The navigation is also easier. Unfortunately, there is not as much area coverage as Google.

Bing Maps

Here you can clearly see the superior mapping technology and how it affects the image:

The Paramount, Google vs Bing

orlando - Google Maps

Bing Maps

yeah i like that last view but the bing maps is kind of blurry compared to google or maybe it has to load a lil more to really see it ..i don't know

Old 03-10-2010, 11:34 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,778,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
There's no $#!+ goin down at the lake, unless you are talking about homeless people. I walk around it every evening.
u ever been out there around 12am-3am....i was a few times and there was people selling drugs

Old 03-11-2010, 06:50 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,667,150 times
Quote:
u ever been out there around 12am-3am....i was a few times and there was people selling drugs
That's the middle of the night. I'm sure over half the people on here have gotten weed before sometime in there life (just an assumption), and I'm sure your all good people, it's not like your commiting murder. Drug deals go on In even the nicest, wealthiest, safest areas of the US. It's just always gonna happen. I've never seen a drug deal in downtown but atleast when it does happen it's in the middle of the night instead of during the day when more people are around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando