Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 12:42 PM

13 posts, read 25,397 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

We will be relocating with family in the near future and have chosen Winter Park as the place we would like to live in. I would like to know where within Winter Park we should look at, areas to stay away from. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 12:55 PM

24,323 posts, read 26,697,469 times
Make sure the home is zoned for Winter Park High School.

A general idea in my opinion would be...

Stay West of...
N. Lakemont Avenue]
S. Lakemont Avenue
Lake Howell Road

Stay East of...
Orlando Avenue
Mills Avenue

Old 11-11-2018, 07:24 AM

26,804 posts, read 43,277,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Make sure the home is zoned for Winter Park High School.

A general idea in my opinion would be...

Stay West of...
N. Lakemont Avenue]
S. Lakemont Avenue
Lake Howell Road

Stay East of...
Orlando Avenue
Mills Avenue
I agree with this assessment but would also not rule out Maitland which is laergely every bit as desirable as Winter Park and tends to punch a bit above in terms of home quality/dollars per square foot in many instances. Pretty much all of Maitland is zoned for Winter Park High School as well. https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...73_rect/13_zm/

Old 11-11-2018, 10:58 AM

19 posts, read 30,973 times
How is the area around Aloma Ave, east of Lakemont in the proximity of the hospital, Publix and the Mellow Mushroom?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-11-2018, 05:35 PM

13 posts, read 25,397 times
Thanks BMW335xi and Epic 2017, if we decide to send our kids to private school and not to WPHS, what other areas close by would be nice to live in?

Old 11-11-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann-fl View Post
Thanks BMW335xi and Epic 2017, if we decide to send our kids to private school and not to WPHS, what other areas close by would be nice to live in?
You’re welcome!

Nearby good areas to Winter Park...

Maitland
College Park
Baldwin Park
Thornton Park
Lake Eola Heights
Park Lake / Highland
Orwin Manor
Audubon Park
Ivanhoe Village

Old 11-11-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic2017 View Post
How is the area around Aloma Ave, east of Lakemont in the proximity of the hospital, Publix and the Mellow Mushroom?

Thanks in advance.
I’m only familiar visiting restaurants in that area. I know the homes are much smaller, outdated and lots look run down, but I don’t know anyone who lives there, so I can’t give first hand advice on it.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:45 PM

19 posts, read 30,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I’m only familiar visiting restaurants in that area. I know the homes are much smaller, outdated and lots look run down, but I don’t know anyone who lives there, so I can’t give first hand advice on it.
No worries! Was just curious. I've passed by the area and never really thought much about it but since it was mentioned in this thread to stay west of Lakemont Ave. just thought I'd ask.

I'm considering a move to Orange County, and Winter Park is also on my list.

Old 11-11-2018, 11:51 PM

26,804 posts, read 43,277,024 times
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
It's largely a desirable area as well. South of Aloma and east of Lakemont behind the hospital in/around Ward Park and Winter Park High School has some very nice well-established neighborhoods of mostly renovated older homes. https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...11_rect/15_zm/

The area north of Aloma and east of Lakemont is easily the weakest of Winter Park's neighborhoods though not bad by any means. Many of the homes were rentals over time but in recent years have converted to owner-occupied and you'll see many have been renovated by those looking to get into the WP market minus the often hefty price tag. https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...em_zp9yo_crid/

Old 11-12-2018, 09:46 AM

617 posts, read 824,153 times
Quote:
No worries! Was just curious. I've passed by the area and never really thought much about it but since it was mentioned in this thread to stay west of Lakemont Ave. just thought I'd ask.

I'm considering a move to Orange County, and Winter Park is also on my list.
As long as you're still close to the hospital it's still OK. The closer you get to the Semoran/Aloma intersection, the less desirable it becomes. Be careful because even east of Semoran will have a lot of neighborhoods with Winter Park addresses.

The houses of course will be far more expensive, but the general rule of thumb has always been to say west of Lakemont/Lake Howell Rd in terms of desirability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando