U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 05:30 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,951,864 times

Advertisements

We won't be going to any water parks, but I want to enjoy the pool at whatever hotel we're staying in. Don't know which one yet, though. I was looking for something inexpensive but not run down either, maybe something around I-Drive. What do ya think?

As far as parks, I've narrowed it down to four. 1.MGM 2.MK 3.Universal/IOA. I won't purchase any park hopper passes. And I'll probably go to Cirque Du Soleilor on the fourth day. We are probably staying 5 days, but won't want to spend them all in theme parks. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 05:45 PM

93 posts, read 357,414 times
Disney is offering a special during September with free dining. This is supposed to include hotel accommodations and Theme Park tickets, also includes the Disney Dining Plan for free.

The dates they are offering this deal: September 2 through September 10 and September 16 through September 22, 2007.

Check it out. The value resorts are comparable to any hotel on I-Drive and I would rather stay inside Disney property, but that is my opinion. I've done both, and I hate the driving, parking $10 a day, when I can avail myself of all Disney transportation from the monorail, buses and ferries.

The meal plan is great - some of the meals at Disney are very expensive and I believe with this package you get

1 Table Service Meal
Full buffet & non-alcoholic beverage
OR
Appetizer, entree, non-alcoholic beverage & dessert

1 Quick Service Meal
Combo meal, non-alcoholic beverage & dessert
OR
Entree, non-alcoholic beverage & dessert

1 Snack
Choose from:
- Frozen ice-cream novelty, popsicle or fruit bar
- Box of popcorn
- Single serving grab bag of Frito-Lay's chips
- One 20oz bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dansani water
- Single piece whole fruit
- Medium fountain soft drink or apple juice

Old 06-06-2007, 10:37 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,037,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
We won't be going to any water parks, but I want to enjoy the pool at whatever hotel we're staying in. Don't know which one yet, though. I was looking for something inexpensive but not run down either, maybe something around I-Drive. What do ya think?

As far as parks, I've narrowed it down to four. 1.MGM 2.MK 3.Universal/IOA. I won't purchase any park hopper passes. And I'll probably go to Cirque Du Soleilor on the fourth day. We are probably staying 5 days, but won't want to spend them all in theme parks. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

If you stay at a Disney hotel, you get a price break on admission tickets to the parks...

AND they have a huge selection of rooms in every price range.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 PM

1,352 posts, read 5,460,150 times
If you don't wanna be stressed out all day long at a theme park when in Orlando you could just go to "Old-Town" Sunkissed Orlando Holidays...Family travel guide to magical holidays in Florida! or "Magical Midway" Orlando Attractions Magical Midway - International Drive Florida ,on International Drive

These places have rides for all ages and arcades and shops/resturants in both areas and you can just buy some tickets for rides until you feel like leaving and that way you won't feel subjected to stay longer just because you payed for a ticket to get in a park.......what im saying is that the difference of going to universal or disney parks is that you will feel as if you have to stay and do everything there if you spend 60 bucks on a ticket for each person your with but if you go to these other places they have options of only buying tickets to ride a specific ride...and no admission charges.....

Good luck

Old 06-07-2007, 01:30 PM

2,267 posts, read 2,037,456 times
When we go to Disney we often bring our own food and water bottles. My daughter and I always carry a backpack, I freeze half the bottles and half are just refrigerated.

The food at the counter service places at Disney is all pretty samey...the only place that really sticks out in my mind is the barbeque place at Animal Kingdom, wonderful meats and really good onion rings.

If you want to eat at a nicer restuarant, then make reservations in advance or you will be stuck waiting around for a seat. My favorite place to eat at The Magic Kingdom is the Liberty Tree Tavern. You can get into eat at the Castle but you have to call the morning they start making reservations for that day, they start 90 days in advance if I remember correctly. I took my daughter there for breakfast on her birthday.

407-WDW-DINE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: