Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:33 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC little foot View Post
Nice Pictures!
Yeah, BrokerDave did an awesome job with those Lake Mary pics. I know he has other towns too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 06:32 PM

3 posts, read 4,617 times
Please do not come here, its horrible, you will grow to hate it here, move someplace else, but not florida. I have been in orlando for 5yrs, and now im leaving cant wait to get out. High crime rate, water problems, sewage problems, are starting, taxes going up. Employment problems, dirty cops selling drugs, gangs, shootouts at amusement parks. Try montana, or wyoming, fresh air, good for kids, no traffic problems, sure its cold but dont you want your kids to grow up to see 20 yrs old

Old 04-09-2010, 06:34 PM

3 posts, read 4,617 times
Unhappy Please stay away, please stay away !!!!!!

[quote=Needtogo711;13540468]Hi,
My husband and I and our 2 sons ages 7 and 11 are considering a move this summer to the Orlando area. I am very confused as to what ive been reading about crime, schools and decent areas to live in.
I am not concerned with traffic issues as my husband works primarily from home. My questions come in the form of what are the best areas to locate to.....we are considering the Winter Park, Maitland, and surrounding areas.
What I am reading as far a the crime and safety of the schools has me some what confused as to the safety of living on Orlando period.
Are these areas safe and are the schools good.
I guess what I am trying to say is from what I have been reading in the threads I am getting the feeling that Orlando is horrible, unsafe place for a family to live. Is this true. I am very confused!!!! Please help.
We are looking in the average of homes in the 300-400K range. Private schools are an option but I am still interested in finding out what Public schools are decent. Any input out there would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote

PLEASE STAY AWAY, THIS IS AN AWFUL PLACE TO LIVE, YOU WILL GROW TO HATE IT HERE LIKE ME, TRY IDAHO, OR SOMETHING OR NEW MEXICO, DO NOT COME HERE PLEASE.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:43 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar4838 View Post
Please do not come here, its horrible, you will grow to hate it here, move someplace else, but not florida. I have been in orlando for 5yrs, and now im leaving cant wait to get out. High crime rate, water problems, sewage problems, are starting, taxes going up. Employment problems, dirty cops selling drugs, gangs, shootouts at amusement parks. Try montana, or wyoming, fresh air, good for kids, no traffic problems, sure its cold but dont you want your kids to grow up to see 20 yrs old
It may not be for you, but there are plenty others here who enjoy it.
BTW, where do you live? I don't have those problems in Lake Mary. Good luck to you moving on.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:18 PM

25 posts, read 44,376 times
Well Guitar if you prefer 2 to 4 feet of snow and a boring lifestyle Montana and New Mexico is where its at. You can go out and get in a car accident and not see age 20. Crime is everywhere and things happen.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,348,207 times
Quote:
PLEASE STAY AWAY, THIS IS AN AWFUL PLACE TO LIVE, YOU WILL GROW TO HATE IT HERE LIKE ME, TRY IDAHO, OR SOMETHING OR NEW MEXICO, DO NOT COME HERE PLEASE.
Why are you yelling?

Old 04-10-2010, 08:16 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar4838 View Post
You must live in a crappy neighborhood and work at a crappy job. The majority of us don't feel this way. And yeah, Montana, home of White Supremecy. jsut where I'd want to raise my kids. Not.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:29 AM

196 posts, read 817,889 times
there was something on tv a while ago re the drug problem in Montana...so going there wont really solve that! I guess you just need to spend more time with the kids...

Old 04-10-2010, 07:35 PM

13 posts, read 50,385 times
I live in Winter Park and my kids go to Aloma Elementary. The walk to and from school everyday with no problems at all. There is a nice walking/biking trail also that runs behind the school and is a few miles long (I think like 3?) Anyways, I love it here.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:57 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
I would look at Baldwin Park for that price range. Condo's 3/3/2 for 240k, new...1 home 225k, 3/3/2 1500 sq feet, a bit small, but a great view. I bought a home in BP and love the location, types of homes, ease to get where I need to go. Publix/CVS is a ten minute walk. 3 pools, (1 heated), gym, parks. Quiet area, very nice homes, mixed with craftsman style, mission etc...some big, some small. Schools K-8 on BP and
both have a very good reputation. Winter Park High school is ten minute drive. They are building a new
9th grade center now too. Walmart/Samm's club is a ten minute drive. Toll way is ten minutes away, I-4, 15 minutes away depending on traffic. Colonial is a mess now, but I don't go that way very often. Penny's, Target, Sears , etc..ten minutes away. Home prices can put you off, but there is a great home across the street from me that is listed at 409k. I would offer 350k and stop at 380k. They paid
620k 4 years ago and have been trying to sell for 2 years..always over priced. There is a cute 3/2/2 for sale, but a bit small, 1500 sq feet, but a great view of the lake. All in all, you can't go wrong here. Looking ahead with Obama nation, wait till that gas hit's 5 dollars a gallon. I have friends that bought "out" and are getting slammed now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando