Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,190 times

Advertisements

I am staying in Lakeland until I can find a house. I am looking at building in Ocoee (Westyn Bay) or Apopka (Wekiva Run). My office is in Maitland and really do not want to drive too far to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which one (or any others I have overlooked) that would be good? My wife and I enjoy going to upscale shopping and movies, standard stuff so where would be the best place to live?

Any and all suggestions welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 10:40 PM

105 posts, read 179,587 times
Ocoee is close to Winter Garden, which has the Winter Garden Village for shopping. However it does not include a movie theater and I would not recommend West Oaks Mall for the movies. I'm not sure how long of a commute you are willing to take. Apopka may put your closer to Maitland. You could take the 414 from Apopka into Maitland everyday. Also Maitland is not to far from Winter Park's Park Avenue and Winter Park Village for shopping and movies. Altamonte Mall is also nearby Apopka to the east on 436. The mall also has a movie theater and Cranes Roost Park for walking and festivals.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:32 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneguy View Post
I am staying in Lakeland until I can find a house. I am looking at building in Ocoee (Westyn Bay) or Apopka (Wekiva Run). My office is in Maitland and really do not want to drive too far to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which one (or any others I have overlooked) that would be good? My wife and I enjoy going to upscale shopping and movies, standard stuff so where would be the best place to live?

Any and all suggestions welcome.
The subdivisions around Winter Garden Village are very nice and pretty new, that whole area is. You should find a good foreclsoure or short sale there.

You and your wife will be happy here

If your office is in Maitland, I would also recommend actualyl living in Maitland, or Winter Park, which is a stone's throw south. Lots of upscale shopping, dining and movies. Tons of artsy stuff, Leu Gardens, Orlando Museum of Art is nearby, as well as the Orlando Science Center

I recommend either Winter Park or Maitland for you

Old 04-05-2010, 10:44 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times
I would second Davie in that you may want to consider Winter Park and Maitland also. However your current options are also very good. Between those two I would choose Ocoee simply because of an easier commute to your work and the amenities you desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando