Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,024 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Deltona for three years now.I am originally from a wealthy town in N.J.When I was having my house built I was ready to back out due to 7 out of the 31 houses on my road needed work,but I didn't.I am actually glad because since then 6 out of the 7 had gotten fixed up.The area I am in is actually very nice now.I have three boys,two are schoolaged, middle and elementary.I have been very happy with both of their schools,Spirit and Galaxy.Deltona is affordable. I have never had any problem with crime but if it's higher it's because it's a city.There are also plenty of restaurants,so what if their in Orange City,it's only 5 min. from me.How many towns have tons of things to do? Thats why we have Orlando and Daytona !!What more can I say? I think Deltona is fine.It's a great location.It's no different from any other town.It has it's good and bad.So if your looking at these remarks to make your decision about moving here,that's a bad idea because most people that write on this are very unhappy and have nothing better to do than write negative remarks.After all when you move out of your town,are you actually going to write on here and put your town down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 04:25 AM

57 posts, read 59,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseybk View Post
.It's no different from any other town.It has it's good and bad.So if your looking at these remarks to make your decision about moving here,that's a bad idea because most people that write on this are very unhappy and have nothing better to do than write negative remarks.After all when you move out of your town,are you actually going to write on here and put your town down?
Is Deltona the same exact replica of towns in NJ?.....I don't understand something....I always hear happy people on here saying people with issues shouldnt have a complaint....well the reason you dont complain is maybe because you do live on a good quite area of town...maybe some of the other people that do complain are going through tougher times than you are right now and thier complaints are valid...we are all different...just because one person is happy somewhere doesnt mean they all are, so i would say to take every opinion as the persons own opinion and leave it alone and then state how "you" see things and "then" let people who read judge from the opinions they have seen on the towns/cities they live in.....we should all be free to have an opinion...without that freedom it is like communism

Old 12-13-2007, 10:14 PM

8 posts, read 30,052 times
I must say the comments made about Deltona are crazy , some are good i resided in Deltona for 7 yrs. There are three sections Elkcam near Howland which is 32738 great area ,,,schools are good , but the kids are getting crazy very relaxing area drive to Lakemary for work is good , but for Orlando Leave maybe 1 hr or 1 1/2 early , Second Area of Deltona which is Providence Normandy area Good nice good schools , Third area of Deltona 32725 not a lot of new homes, old homes that i wouldn't suggests moving in. In order to find swimming and all you have to get familiar with the area as well as getting to know the people that stay active. Honestly Deltona is my place because it's away from the big City and anytime you want shop shop , then go to Orlando of course. Go to Deltona and get lost cause that what i did when i searched for a rental. But i noticed that all the streets are one big circle. Remember Providence , Elkcam, Normandy , and Saxon they will always led you somewhere. Great Area to raise a family and get away from nonsense. Now everyone has their own opinion but go and see for yourself, Now there is some Construction to the roads going on on Howland Blvd , but they are expanding to accomodate for all the people that are moving to the area. If i don't move to Georgia in a few months then that's where I'm going back to Deltona. Never Move to Deland Nothing there everything closes at 9 or 5 but taco Bell and Wendys , there is nothing is available but a racetrack. Oh yea cheap living in Volusia , so cheap , i currently live in a 4 bed Apt for 795.00 Big an nice. Not many Apartments in Volusia. Also Pick up a Pennysaver it has a lot of rentals or go online to westvolusiapennysaver. Nice paper go through it completely has alot of stuff. especially if you looking for furniture. Man can i say alot , but anything else you want to know .. Hit me up

Old 03-04-2008, 03:00 AM

1 posts, read 3,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg83 View Post
Moving out of that dreadful place at 17 made me happy.

Talk to the young people who live there. It's so depressing and embarrassing. The ones who did not go on to college (and there are many) feel so stuck in that God-forsaken place. No money, no education, absolutely no chance. It's a shame.

I would NEVER suggest Deltona to anyone. My advice, if you want to live around Central Florida, is to go one county away to Seminole... to Lake Mary, Oviedo, etc. It's amazing what a difference 15 minutes down an interstate makes.

Deltona High c/o '04. That place was depressing. Like walking through a prison where everyone was serving life. either you got lucky, joined up with the military, or went to school. else you were trapped. I was lucky, moved out to san diego. i would only go back if i had to.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Not even a Pizza place, or Dunkin Donuts, or Starbucks here! You gotta be kidding! By the time this town gets built up most of the people will be dead! Outta here!
Well Starbucks sucks, the is world is fat enough it does not need Dunkin Donuts, and I don't know if you get out of your house by the sound of things, but Deltona has tons of Pizza resturants especially Rosie's Pizza on Courtland Blvd just to name one.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:46 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg83 View Post
Moving out of that dreadful place at 17 made me happy.

Talk to the young people who live there. It's so depressing and embarrassing. The ones who did not go on to college (and there are many) feel so stuck in that God-forsaken place. No money, no education, absolutely no chance. It's a shame.

I would NEVER suggest Deltona to anyone. My advice, if you want to live around Central Florida, is to go one county away to Seminole... to Lake Mary, Oviedo, etc. It's amazing what a difference 15 minutes down an interstate makes.
Please read my post Titled: Ready, Set, Go....but where to? Though I'm considering moving to the Seminole County area, would one say that opening a center for at-risk youths, Deltona would be an area to consider?
My mission is to help young kids to not end up in the prison system, to give them hope for the future! Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-18-2008, 12:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,706 times
I have lived in Deltona for the last 3 years. Prior to that, I lived in Orlando. It is a great community...definitely a bedroom community. I have a beautiful home and live in a great area. I love the peace and quiet. We have great neighbors too.

We generally go to Sanford or Orange City or even drive into Orlando for any entertainment.

As far as crime, nothing has happened since I have lived here. The Xbox murders happened about 5 years ago and it was a random incident. I do not see how somone can take one incident and call the town "crime ridden"?!?! As far as flooding, Debary/Orange City had major issues with flooding during Tropical Storm Fay.

The community has only been established for about 13 years so obviously it has grown a lot in a short period of time. The Deltona government seems proactive in bringing about change in regards to the growth.

There is a movie theater that is scheduled to be built and several restaurants are on their way into Deltona one of which is Olive Garden.

Not all the schools in Deltona are bad. The are some A and B schools. The high schools are varied to B, C and D schools. I personally believe that a child's success is determined by what is going on at home. I also believe the child will be successful regardless of what type of school they go to as long as the parents are involved (which does not happen in today's society). Overall, Florida schools are bad, Orange county is bad and Seminole county is probably the best in the area.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 7,032 times
For anyone complaining about Deltona, blame the people who wanted it to be come a city and voted for it. I have lived in Deltona for 33 years and never had any problems. I moved here from NJ. There will always be crime no matter where you live in this world. And those of you that moved here from another state and bought a home with out looking around and not talking to people to find where things are or what there is to do for the kids thats your problem not mine and not the city.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 7,032 times
Those of you that bought a home in Deltona and are having flooding problems, stop and think a minute, I have been in the construction Business for 7 years, The city council is at fault for that. Giving the ok to sell property and at one time the land you buy used to be used for drainage. so if they fill it up with dirt and build a house on it what do you think is honestly going to happen. And if your house sits lower than the road, like 12inches or more then its the builders problem, then you have to sue the builder and in some cases both (city & Builder ). And most of all people buy land near lakes, do they ever talk to the people that already live on the lake and ask if that area floods? Then what people think are lakes its actually a large retention pond. You have to stay on the City's ass about keeping the retention ponds clean, and most of all our lakes. That are actually lakes.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:59 PM

732 posts, read 4,157,578 times
Anyone like to goto Staceys buffet? thats the only reason you'll find me going to deltona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando