U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 04:59 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,734,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Nah.....there are a couple cities i can name that have the murder rate of Puerto Rico.....San Juan has about 3 million right?.....Orlando has about 1.5 million......New Orleans has about 1.5 million and has years with 400 - 500 murders with half the population of Puerto Rico.....and Detroit has more murders than Puerto Rico too......Miami had Years in the 80's where the had 500 - 600 murders a year and that was common there with only a population of 300,000 for the area they recorded the murders...it was "the scariest place"....in the world then......dont say i havent lived anywhere in Florida that hasN'T had more crime than Puerto Rico.....how many assaults did puerto rico have in the highest month for thier number of assaults?.......Orlando had 1000 assaults in June 2007.....where is the facts and data to prove things? Most Puerto Rican Americans didnt live in thier country growing up....so how can they say they have seen worse.....i can find plenty of puerto ricans that havent held a gun in thier hands and you know what just go to any backwoods part of the south and you will find plenty of white kids that live in a "redneck" area who know exactly how to use a gun....there is alot of phasade that American Puerto Ricans have from having family origons in PR....But most i meet havent had a gun in thier face but still wann aplay like life is "so" tough and get to go back home to thier nice house on Alafaya trail or some other suburb just like the place that the white kids live too......
Puerto Rico had like 800 murders last year. In reality due to corruption, you better belive there was more.

Also to my knowledge, Miami never had 500-600 murders. Not even close. Last year the city only had 50 something. The population has also been growing quickly over the years. Does Miami have bad areas? Yes. 500-600 homicides over a one year period in the 80's, no way. I'm not sure but I think Miami's all time high was near or around 100 in a single year.

You just don't get it. Forget murders. Puerto Rico is a major drug entry point into the USA. Of course there will be a lot of violence. Certain areas in PR are some of the most violent places in the world. There are pockets especially in San Juan that are extremely violent. Worse violence wise then any inner city area you can find in the USA.

Drugs = violence. PR = major international drug entry point. PR + Lots of drugs/competition = Violence.

Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 07-05-2007 at 08:13 AM..

Old 07-05-2007, 07:21 AM

1,352 posts, read 5,489,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
Puerto Rico had like 800 murders last year. In reality due to corruption, you better belive there was more.

Also to my knowledge, Miami never had 500-600 murders. Not even close. Last year the city only had 50 something. The population has also been growing quickly over the years. Does Miami have bad areas? Yes. 500-600 homicides over a one year period in the 80's, no way. I'm not sure but I think Miami's all time high was near or around 100 in a single year.

You just don't get it. Forget murders. Puerto Rico is a major drug entry point into the USA. Of course there will be a lot of violence. Certain areas in PR are some of the most violent places in the world. There are pockets especially in San Juan that are extremely violent. Worse violence wise then any inner city area you can find in the USA.

Drugs = violence. PR = major international drug entry point. PR + Lots of drugs/competition = Violence.

Moderator cut: personal attack

Guess you didnt watch the documentary called "Cocaine Cowboys"....that i said to watch and i lived there and there were 500-600 murders in most of those years in the 80's when cocaine was being imported from colombia to Miami and then to Cali NYC and all other U.S. areas....back then they didnt import it through Puerto Rico to ship it to other cities.

YouTube - Streets of Miami: The "Cocaine Cowboys" Phenomenon Episode 7

Watch “Cocaine Cowboys” - Learn the History of Miami’s Drug Trade

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 07-05-2007 at 08:15 AM..

Old 07-05-2007, 07:44 AM

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/fsac/Cri...ountyindex.PDF

Hey look 400 murders in Dade county 1989...this wasnt even the worst year in the 80'd down here.......wait i'll find more data

240 murders in 2006 in miami-dade county.....i wonder how many there would be if you add th eother half of south florida with palm beach county and broward county?......looks like San Juan .....hah

Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

oh wait ....i am from Florida so i will let you know why i like it here rather than other places ...and admit these other places are worse than my hometown

Miami florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

read on the section of people and culture of miami florida.....i think it says we are the second most dangerous city in the U.S.

Rankings by Population Group

COUNT the florida cities and counties that made each list....now i know there are worse places and admit that but you can't tell me that Florida doesn't have a worse problem than NY.....its a phasade you are putting on ........ bring statistics or pictures

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: same topic...please combine, or edit, existing posts

Old 07-05-2007, 08:24 AM

NationMaster - Crime Statistics

Old 07-05-2007, 08:35 AM

Puerto Rican Americans

OH and i do read up on PR

Old 07-05-2007, 09:53 AM

Miami - News - Awash in a Sea of Money

Another fact about my hometown.......this article is about Miami in the late 70's and early 80's

Old 07-05-2007, 03:49 PM

Your talking about Dade County which includes more then just the city of Miami. Including millions more people and a considerably larger area.

You can continue to think Florida cities are worse then anywhere else. However the fact remains Puerto Rico is a major worldwide violence hotspot. A major international drug corridor. Think what you want.

And New York? What does NYC have to do with anything? I would choose a home in Orlando in a heartbeat over the slum buildings and housing projects of NYC.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Your talking about Dade County which includes more then just the city of Miami. Including millions more people and a considerably larger area.

You can continue to think Florida cities are worse then anywhere else. However the fact remains Puerto Rico is a major worldwide violence hotspot. A major international drug corridor. Think what you want.

And New York? What does NYC have to do with anything? I would choose a home in Orlando in a heartbeat over the slum buildings and housing projects of NYC.
Where are all the articles i can read on Puerto Rico being the worst place for drug trafficing......the fact is that Miami at one time was the worst for drug trafficing in the World....and the Murder capital of the United States for years and the murder capital of the world one year........NYC didnt even have the problems as much as Miami did with crime and drug trafficking in the 80's and that was pre Guilianni in that era that people think NYC was a scary place to be......where were the refridgerated trucks for the dead bodies in NYC or Puerto Rico......

The oonly data i found on Puerto Rico involving murders was the 500 or so murders for the year last year for the whole island......that wasn't a housing project or just the city of San Juan .....that was the whole island......and thats why i bring the whole county of Miami-Dade into play.....now if i was true to South Florida i would also add Broward and Palm Beach

A couple people from the FBI admitted there was no place in history in America as bad as Miami was in the 80's.....they say the only comparable place was Chicago in the 20's in thier gangland type murders......but that was not really that close......please read the info i put up.......i really dont think an opinion on PR is going to help anybody.....Pics of trafficing, video, statistics......any kinda proof PR is the most dangerous place that a miamian from the 80's would say "Wow"...this is worse than back then.....but i doubt that kinda info can be gathered since the Commonwealth and U.S. property of Puerto Rico is a third world area that the U.S. knows "nOthing" about or about its problems.......

Old 07-05-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
You can continue to think Florida cities are worse then anywhere else.
I never said it was'ny worse anywhere else ...i even provided facts of places that i personally think are worse.....i guess this is a way to get people to get on someone's side in a debate ......lol.....Detroit is worse.....New Orleans is worse.......Compton in thier day is worse.......I lived in Nashville and some areas up there werent too nice either.....I know there are areas of Chicago that are terrible to and even NYC has areas that arent where i would try to have a picnic......but

I am trying to prove to people that Florida has seen and isnt fazed by some of the stories that people from NYC try to tell......alot of those people move to other places and lie to the public there saying they saw someones head get blown off or if "i"......or anyone tells them they got robbed then the New Yorker has to top it.......look at the facts and read the news stories....we hear about that kinda stuff in all other cities too but we hear more of it but the palm trees fool you.........you dont see the tall buildings with graffiti so you dont think it is a bad area.....deception........Florida has been one of the top states for crime since i was a kid....i was born in the 70's.......of coarse NYC has had thier bad times but overall since i have been on earth they have had a fluxuation of good to bad to good statistics....and Puerto Rico has got bad areas and projects but it is phasade that alot of Purto Ricans try to convey to make people be intimidated .......where are the true facts .....not personal views......

Tell me PR is worse than Miami in the 80's or the Compton gang killings in thier hay day....or Chicago in thier gangland days....

Old 07-05-2007, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Where are all the articles i can read on Puerto Rico being the worst place for drug trafficing......the fact is that Miami at one time was the worst for drug trafficing in the World....and the Murder capital of the United States for years and the murder capital of the world one year........NYC didnt even have the problems as much as Miami did with crime and drug trafficking in the 80's and that was pre Guilianni in that era that people think NYC was a scary place to be......where were the refridgerated trucks for the dead bodies in NYC or Puerto Rico......

The oonly data i found on Puerto Rico involving murders was the 500 or so murders for the year last year for the whole island......that wasn't a housing project or just the city of San Juan .....that was the whole island......and thats why i bring the whole county of Miami-Dade into play.....now if i was true to South Florida i would also add Broward and Palm Beach

A couple people from the FBI admitted there was no place in history in America as bad as Miami was in the 80's.....they say the only comparable place was Chicago in the 20's in thier gangland type murders......but that was not really that close......please read the info i put up.......i really dont think an opinion on PR is going to help anybody.....Pics of trafficing, video, statistics......any kinda proof PR is the most dangerous place that a miamian from the 80's would say "Wow"...this is worse than back then.....but i doubt that kinda info can be gathered since the Commonwealth and U.S. property of Puerto Rico is a third world area that the U.S. knows "nOthing" about or about its problems.......
Miami was never the worst place for drug dealing in the world. I don't know what you base that on. In the USA, the neighborhood with the most street level drug trafficing was and still is Washington Heights. It is due to location on interstates, highly dense poor population (customers), and it can feed the entire metro area of the nations most populated city.

Since when was the city of Miami the murder capital? Miami never had more total murders then NYC, Chicago or L.A. Miami didn't even have the number of murders these cities have today in it's worse years. Does that make it less dangerous, no. But Miami was never the murder capital of the world. Haha. Might as well through in cities like Sao Paulo and Rio De Janario if you are talking about the world. Those cities have thousands of homicides per year.

And NYC had and still has SERIOUS drug problems. At one time it was even worse. Drugs continue to be a problem in the city. What is your problem with NYC, Jesus.

PR also had near 800 homicides last year. Look it up. Yes it is the island, but San Juan itself gets usually around 200 of those murders, sometimes more (AND ORLANDO IS A LARGER CITY THEN SAN JUAN). San Juan is denser though with 2x the population of Orlando. However, SAN JUAN PUERTO RICO HAS 7X TIMES AS MANY MURDERS. There are also small towns on the island that get around 20-30 killings a year. The shanty slums, ghettos, and housing projects are killing fields.

You are VERY misinformed.

Last edited by Hustla718; 07-06-2007 at 12:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando