U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:57 PM

1,683 posts, read 7,251,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdavis View Post
to OP, South lake county is a nice area Clermont, Grovland and Mascotte very diverse, good schools and easy to get in and out of Orlando if you need to.
To those who think the crime in orlando can be avoided by staying out of certain areas and thinking safe, yes this is a good Idea but the crime is spilling over into other areas. a lady was rob at gunpoint in daytime at the west oaks mall, a lot of pharmacies are getting robbed in the daytime, a lynx bus rider was shot while on the bus, the shooters did not care that their were other people they just started shooting. Orlando crime is a big problem and is not just limited to certain areas
CM
West Oaks Mall is in a terrible area - it's so bad, many of the stores have closed and Belks has closed the top floor and is only occupying the 1st floor.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:26 AM

1,352 posts, read 5,489,654 times
Can't believe Hustla 718 is even comparing Puerto Rico to Mexico now....lol

Old 06-18-2007, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post

25% of all cocaine entering the USA goes through Puerto Rico. .
25% huh?......where did you get your facts?...are you in the CIA ? or did you help smuggle?

Old 06-18-2007, 04:48 AM

That's hilarious...and i thought that just shipping the cocaine from colombia straight through to the U.S. would be cheaper for the Colombians.....i guess the U.S. allows Puerto Rico to produce cocaine since it is our teritory and no other states are allowed to on the mainland.......bring a statistic on the percent that goes through Puerto Rico...from a unbiased source ....then everyone might believe that as fact

Old 06-18-2007, 05:34 AM

CBS TV News Affiliates - CBS News

actually if "anyone" thinks crime isnt bad in Orlando or if they say it was worse somewhere else....instead of arguing just click this link and go to your city and look at the news for each local station....look at the kinds of stories that are happening in your community then look at the other communities that you are going against in debate and see if there are more or less bad things for each city..

Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 AM

one last thing ....it will make things more clear if you just watch video news coverage of each city not just reading the top stories, but watch the list of news on video for each day......scroll down to video section of each city then come back and report to us who you think is worse now

Old 06-18-2007, 06:13 AM

hey hustla 718 ...i saw that video of puerto rico....here goes one of south florida if u wanna post negativity.....this stuff makes me sick, but you wanna battle and say its worse in puerto rico...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zraXRN2i4x8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zraXRN2i4x8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,734,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Can't believe Hustla 718 is even comparing Puerto Rico to Mexico now....lol
It is comparable to Mexico. Mexico's most violent areas are border towns where drug cartels are fighting it out for control of major roads through the USA. The same is happening in Puerto Rico, only instead of roads, cartels are fighting over drop points like public housing projects.

Quote:
25% huh?......where did you get your facts?...are you in the CIA ? or did you help smuggle?
Look it up. 50% of all coke flows through the Caribbean. Another 50% enters through Mexico. Over 25% of that coke goes through PR into the USA. 20% of that coke entering PR never leaves the island. Consumed and sold by locals.

What do you think, the Columbians (and other coca leaf producers) rent a plane and fly from Columbia to LaGuardia Airport?

Quote:
That's hilarious...and i thought that just shipping the cocaine from colombia straight through to the U.S. would be cheaper for the Colombians.....i guess the U.S. allows Puerto Rico to produce cocaine since it is our teritory and no other states are allowed to on the mainland.......bring a statistic on the percent that goes through Puerto Rico...from a unbiased source ....then everyone might believe that as fact
Again, how do you think the cocain is going to get into the USA? Once you ship an item into PR, you are on American territory. It is much easier to smuggle from an American territory to the mainland, then it is to go from DR, Cuba or any other area close to American soil.

No one said it grown in PR... Jesus.

Quote:
CBS TV News Affiliates - CBS News

actually if "anyone" thinks crime isnt bad in Orlando or if they say it was worse somewhere else....instead of arguing just click this link and go to your city and look at the news for each local station....look at the kinds of stories that are happening in your community then look at the other communities that you are going against in debate and see if there are more or less bad things for each city..
No one said crime isn't bad in Orlando but it's no worse then anywhere else. As a matter fact there is less crime then major cities becuase Orlando is less dense and has less people. Common sense tells anyone when you have a city with more poor Black and Latino people like NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Philly, ect you will have more crime.

Quote:
one last thing ....it will make things more clear if you just watch video news coverage of each city not just reading the top stories, but watch the list of news on video for each day......scroll down to video section of each city then come back and report to us who you think is worse now
Use your head. Jesus Christ.

Quote:
hey hustla 718 ...i saw that video of puerto rico....here goes one of south florida if u wanna post negativity.....this stuff makes me sick, but you wanna battle and say its worse in puerto rico...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zraXRN2i4x8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zraXRN2i4x8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Please, so they have a little street fight and flash some guns. Looks like "any ghetto USA". I don't see the whole community rising up and fighting police. Where's the tear gas and National Guard troops? Armored vehicles and helicopters. Please. You simply don't understand the level of violence going on in some sections of Puerto Rico.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:41 PM

1,495 posts, read 4,238,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingirl View Post
I was checking the forum today to see if anyone else had anything to chime
in and you are exactly right. It's ridiculous. I told my husband the other night
before 7 people got shot that it's going to take US Government to send in
the Army to clean it up. I do love Florida and I know every city in the country has got issues, but when a city I live nearby makes it on the National
News as one of the highest, most out of control crime areas in the country,
then I think that's it's high time for government action if the State doesn't
want to get involved. Citizens can only do so much to defend themselves.
These thugs don't even care if it's a cop they're shooting at. If it was me
I'd go in and Nuke those neighborhoods and send a message loud and clear
to those low life doping gangsta's.
Orlando has become so chaotic over the last 4 years that I had moved to Lake Mary, which is away from the chaos and urban warefare that the streets of Orlando are. But we still had to work in Orlando, so we both got guns and got CWP (gun-carry permits) so we could make it from Lake Mary to downtown Orlando without being in fear for our lives.

Serious, Fishingirl has hit the nail on the head: Orlando has become gangland. Sad, but very true.

Some neighborhoods in Orlando need to be demilished and started over. Here is a list of the 15 worst 'hoods that 'gotta go: 1. Pine Hills (aka. Crime Hills/Choppa City) 2. Semoran Blvd apts (all of them) 3. Hoffener apts 4. OBT (Orange Blossom Trail) 5. Americana blvd (the whole area) 6. Silver Star Road (1/2 of it gotta go) 7. Texas Ave (that area is a crack of Hell on earth) 8. Oakridge road (yes, the druggies will be mad to see that area go, but it has got to go) 9. Goldenrod rd (lovely area where MS-13 gangmembers love to hang out) 10. Raleigh Street (the Raleight side east of Kirkman rd) 11. Kirkman road (the ghetto nowadays, used to be very nice) 12. Conroy rd (again used to be nice, now a dump) 13. Dean Road (YUCK!!) 14. Colonail Drive (SR-50) 15. Kissimmee/Poinciana area

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
The Orlando area is FILLED with crime! I'm in Port Orange (just south of Daytona Beach), and it's very safe here. But my news is out of Orlando and everyday it's just filled with shootings, robberies, murder, etc. Loads of crime!
Yes, it is true. Orlando has become Lost Angeles to an extent. Oh Palm Beach County is absolutelly nasty now. I know people who live there and that area is appalling!! And Port St. Lucie has also been taken over by illegal alien gangs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Gone View Post
Would have to agree with Fishingirl on that. Crime has skyrocketed in the Orlando area and it is spreading to other central Florida areas. It sad to say that you can't even watch the news at night because of all the crime. The sad part is if they don't get a handle on it now the foreign travel will dry up and decimate the kingdom of the mouse and other theme parks. Miami expierenced this in the 80's when several tourists were killed and countries placed travel advisories. I grew up here since the early 60's and I am to the point of moving out of state.
I have recently moved out. I feel much better and safer. I'd say leave Orlando to the illegal aliens, the gangs, and the tourists who are looking for trouble by going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingirl View Post
Just go to the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper website and see for yourself.
7 people were shot yesterday, last week 2 cops were shot. 2 people that
were tourists visiting were held at gunpoint, taken to an ATM machine robbed
and severely beaten. Several weeks ago a german couple were visiting and
were robbed, beaten and the woman was sexually assualted. The Guardian
Angels have come in from New York, if that tells you anything. Supposedly
the FBI and the ATF are coming in to clean up the mess. Oh, and I forgot
there are home invasions almost everyday. It's really sad. Living in the
suburbs like Lake Mary or Sanford would be your best bet, expensive, yet
beautiful and much safer areas to reside.
That's it? Only 7 shot yesterday??? Wow!! Orlando must be getting safer!! When I lived there, we had like 5 stabbings and 10 shootings a day MINIMUM. Mind you I only moved OUT of Orlando a month ago!!!

Yes, ATF and FBI are coming, but seriously, will they be able to break up all the gangs (most of which are here illegally in this country anyway)?? And how can we 'deport' the New Orleans people who have caused Orlando crime to triple in the last year or so??

Orlando Added to ATF-Led Initiative Aimed at Reducing Violent Crime (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
crime is bad in orlando, and there are so many rude ppl here. i am pretty much through with orlando to be honest with you. i am headed to northern fla hopefully --- atleast i hear that there are good ppl up there and more of what i am looking for.
Northern FL is MUCH safer and cleaner than Central and South Florida. I mean MUCH safer and cleaner. MUCH!!

Rude people are usually NOT from Fla. These are the New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachussets, and New York. I know as I have delt with them for years. The worst and most aggressive drivers always have plates from these (yuck) states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoktober View Post
Investigators said a fight between several teens at Club Crunk located on Orange Blossom Trail spilled over to a nearby gas station.

Ok let's talk this one out. Past midnight, Orange Blossom Trail and CLUB CRUNK??? Exactly where I'd expect something like this to happen and exactly the place I wouldn't be.

I have to ask all of you "chicken-littles" in Orlando - have you actually witnessed any crime or been in a situation that made you scared? Honestly, no exaggerations....have you? How does all the drug related crime affect you? If you live on OBT - then why do you? Do you drive through Parramore at night? If so, why? People in Metrowest - move. The area is bad. But how does this affect someone living in Lake Mary driving to work in Winter Park? How does it affect someone in a highrise in Thornton Park driving to John Young for work?
I have been almost robbed at knifepoint in Orlando 1 (under the I-4 overpass), at gun point once (downtown), and in Jacksonville almost robbed once too (near the JAX fairgrounds). That is only in the last 5 years or so. No wonder I carry a gun myself these days.

Club CRUNCK? I never heard of that?!? That sounds like a spot for crackheads and hookers! Go there and die.

Yes, I agree. MetroWest is a very expensive and beautiful area but it has been taken over by the ghetto criminals. I grew up in MetroWest and it SUCKS now.

Uh, Winter Park is quite dangerous too!! I had to drive from Lake Mary to downtown Orlando all the time too and the traffic is horrendous!

Old 06-18-2007, 02:26 PM

31 posts, read 163,067 times
Default haha, my login name says it all

This place sucks. The crime is getting out of control and I think we will soon be up there w/ Detroit and East St. Louis. We rank no. 1 in angry people, road rage, and fraud. I can attest to this b/c I lived in Seminole Co. (just above Orange Co.) until 2003 and, since living in Orlando, I am a different person. Very angry and bitter. You can't swing a dead rat over your head w/o hitting a sexual predator. There always seems to be at least one serial killer operating in FL at any given time. Stay off of the roads if you're not in a car b/c there are hit and runs almost every day. It dosn't matter if they're children or cops.

Homeowners insurance is almost impossible to get b/c of the hurrianes.

If you insist on being in FL and want to avoid crime, the maybe the Panhandle, idk. I'm trying to move to the midwest myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando