U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:29 AM

1,352 posts, read 5,460,150 times

Advertisements

hey hustla 718 ...here's some real Florida Ghetto pics.....

just get rid of that pic that you put up and look at tha real Florida ghetto streets.......

Old 06-19-2007, 07:10 AM

631 posts, read 2,087,648 times
Funny thing is - what's dangerous about Orlando's projects is that most of them do not look like projects. They look like older apartment communities. So it's not really true that Orlando has really bad/scummy areas because even in the worst of areas it looks decent because of the foliage native to Orlando and also because as the poster above said there are no real "ghettos" in Orlando. Go to Cabrini Green (which is now gone, I think) in Chicago and come back to me talking about Ghettos.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:27 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,696,972 times
Orlando is the meanest city in the USA huh? More like the stupidest...

Quote:
Do me a favor hustla 718....instead of posting pics that only show the "really" bad area of one town and the average area of another just to try and win an arguement in your mind....why don't you watch the headlines and news videos of each of the cities everyday and report to us which city is really more dangerous regardless of the population.....lol....you can't deny tha truth my man...but its been fun trying to convince you even though you have that NY mentality of not seeing both sides....even though you do say some true things ....but really i know Puert Rico is not a place to live in thier projects but the americanized puerto rican kids from New York that move down here havent lived in those projects and they put on this front and act tough but when i stare back at them like we do in tha south and dont look away....guess who looks away first?....

they do and they dont even start a fight with me......but in the beggining they looked like they would....guess they only fight those who they think are weaker then them for an advantage......in Miami kids arent raised to do that ....we dont back down from nobody no matter where you are from...and i am a white boy from the suburbs of Miami (Hialeah/ Carol City) and our suburbs are as bad as your projects in NYC .....

you dont believe it then go start a thread on the Miami page and see how many people take your side....i know there are places i wouldnt walk through in New York City without a gun but most of Dade County people do own guns even old ladies like my mother when we lived there....the mentality in Dade County is when you are walking to the store that youd better put your money in your shoe instead of a wallet or pocket cuz you could get robbed any time you walk out that door....as for Orlando......it isnt at the level of Miami but its getting kind of scary around here ......

its just a certain vibe that you have to feel and live in to understand .....just yesterday a man was shot riding a lynx bus by someone he didnt even know...check it out on the news....stuff is happening everyday like this in Orlando and my girlfriend from Long Island said she never saw this many stories on the news up there when she lived there involving shootings and violence......the other day some guy was shot at a red light for honking his horn at the guy in front of him....

always afraid of that in Miami but in Orlando you wouldnt have expected these thing 2 or 3 years ago.....
Stay in the burbs where you came from kid.

And again what does NYC have to do with any of this? I can post plenty of photos of NYC that make those "ghetto" parts of Orlando look like the NY burbs. This is a discussion about Puerto Rico and Orlando. Keep it that way.

Last edited by Hustla718; 06-19-2007 at 01:38 PM..

Old 06-19-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
Orlando is the meanest city in the USA huh? More like the stupidest...

Stay in the burbs where you came from kid.

And again what does NYC have to do with any of this? I can post plenty of photos of NYC that make those "ghetto" parts of Orlando look like the NY burbs. This is a discussion about Puerto Rico and Orlando. Keep it that way.
post some then ...quit talkin....oh u must be from tha ghetto right?...lol....tell me your joking..........by tha way that wasnt Orlando in those pics that was Miami......you are full of yourself....you didnt even listen to a word i wrote thats why you cant post pics that are like the ones i posted homie.....my "burbs" of Miami -dade county are worse then your ghetto....i already told you that.....

to the guy from Chicago....i never said i didnt have respect for other cities...i know chicago is alot rougher than orlando....my point is that people from florida usually will admit when a place is worse like me...i think that Detroit, Chicago, St; Louis, New Orleans, and Compton are worse then some of the Florida ghettos...but this guy hustla718 "tha gangsta" ....lol.....just like all other New Yorkers won't admit that some place else has a higher rate of crime.....now i already gave unbiased ways of seeing for yourself about how bad each city is by watching videos from each news station.....look at new yorks stories for the next week and then watch the ones from florida and then tell me im wrong about florida being worse than new york since no one believes statistics tell about anything.....

and lil buddy "hustla 718" i already said that purto rico wasnt roses and sunshine all over the island but these kids that only lived there for 2 - 5 years and moved to NYC then come down to florida try and make people think they have really been through some hard stuff in life, but just because u wear a gold chain dont make you a thug....where i grew up i saw a dude get beat up for having a gold chain on.....those kids in new york dont know what it means to tuck yo chain in.....they probably say..."why...i have all my boys here" ....exactly...yall need all your boys cuz u arent used to doing things alone...lol

Old 06-19-2007, 04:43 PM

1,418 posts, read 8,860,620 times
There's one HUGE difference between Chicago and Orlando.

In Orlando, we like to keep our doors unlocked at night because once a burglar gets into our house it's open hunting season!!!!

In Chicago, law abiding citizens can call 911 when burglared and pray to Osama Obama that you don't get your throats slashed for kicks and giggles as they are cowering in a corner somewhere.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:09 PM

LOL.....that's tha truth man....ive lived in Florida most of my life and my dad had a couple guns ready for anybody who wanted to invite themselves in our house...when my parents got divorced my mother packed a 45 and we had a shot gun ready for those same criminal elements....and thank God no one has tryed thier luck yet.....and i think this is true of many of the Floridians that have been here for years ...we know what to expect and the sunshine and palm trees doesnt always mean its the safest place......thanks Prichard for your statements on Florida

Old 06-19-2007, 06:44 PM

631 posts, read 2,087,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
There's one HUGE difference between Chicago and Orlando.

In Orlando, we like to keep our doors unlocked at night because once a burglar gets into our house it's open hunting season!!!!

In Chicago, law abiding citizens can call 911 when burglared and pray to Osama Obama that you don't get your throats slashed for kicks and giggles as they are cowering in a corner somewhere.

LOL, you don't even have to wait for them to get inside! You can shoot them on the side of any street if you feel the need, as long as you're being threatened. Remember, Jeb Bush is looking out for YOU!

I love Orlando and I am fighting the good fight to defend its reputation, but I have to honestly say I felt much safer in my area of Chicago than I do in some parts of Orlando. But then again I lived in Naperville which has like, zero crime so...

Old 06-19-2007, 10:29 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,696,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
post some then ...quit talkin....oh u must be from tha ghetto right?...lol....tell me your joking..........by tha way that wasnt Orlando in those pics that was Miami......you are full of yourself....you didnt even listen to a word i wrote thats why you cant post pics that are like the ones i posted homie.....my "burbs" of Miami -dade county are worse then your ghetto....i already told you that.....

to the guy from Chicago....i never said i didnt have respect for other cities...i know chicago is alot rougher than orlando....my point is that people from florida usually will admit when a place is worse like me...i think that Detroit, Chicago, St; Louis, New Orleans, and Compton are worse then some of the Florida ghettos...but this guy hustla718 "tha gangsta" ....lol.....just like all other New Yorkers won't admit that some place else has a higher rate of crime.....now i already gave unbiased ways of seeing for yourself about how bad each city is by watching videos from each news station.....look at new yorks stories for the next week and then watch the ones from florida and then tell me im wrong about florida being worse than new york since no one believes statistics tell about anything.....

and lil buddy "hustla 718" i already said that purto rico wasnt roses and sunshine all over the island but these kids that only lived there for 2 - 5 years and moved to NYC then come down to florida try and make people think they have really been through some hard stuff in life, but just because u wear a gold chain dont make you a thug....where i grew up i saw a dude get beat up for having a gold chain on.....those kids in new york dont know what it means to tuck yo chain in.....they probably say..."why...i have all my boys here" ....exactly...yall need all your boys cuz u arent used to doing things alone...lol
Orlando, Florida has issues with crime. That is a fact, what American city does not? A map pinpointing each crime shows that almost every murder is happening in a triangular area bordered by state Road 50, Interstate 4 and Florida's Turnpike. That area includes MetroWest and the Parramore neighborhood. That is about a 15-20 square mile area. These neighborhoods are where pretty much all of Orlando's violent crime takes place. Last year was an unusual high for Orlando homicides. The city averages 15-20 murders a year (based off data from 2000-2005).

http://www.wesh.com/2006/0725/9574135_240X180.jpg (broken link)

Anyway, first you say Orlando is worse then Puerto Rico in terms of crime (and everything else). It's not. Then you bring New York into the picture for who knows what reason. In Orlando a bad neighborhood will have a shooting victim maybe once a month. In NYC there are shots fired calls multiple times a night in low income neighborhoods. In Orlando the weather is warm/hot year round. Most of the housing is private homes. In NYC you have roach infested tenements and huge highrise public housing projects. Not having heat in the winter can be fatal. This is a reality for many in NYC. Living cost in NYC make it so hard to live many children only eat a meal at school.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Last edited by Hustla718; 06-19-2007 at 11:55 PM..

Old 06-20-2007, 12:38 AM

hey ..i agree that it sucks to live in any poor community, but when the New Yorker's that come down here talk about how much harder it is but have never had a gun in thier face ...they are the ones who need to stop........its like they do it because they think they came from a bigger city so therefore they think they have been through more in life....which is not the case in most situations......it sucks not having heat in the winter but not having air conditioning in Florida will truly kill ya...i know because i have been through 4 hurricanes down here.....and people were dying from heat exaustion...and you dnt hear of that as much just from the cold weather.....maybe you had some bad times in your path in life but from what i see i have had bed times in my life and i understand there are worse things and places in this world but for the kids from New York that ive come across they act like they were from somolia for some reason and most of them never have had a gun in thier face in a life threatening situation....and you are right there are more people in NYC which means there are more people that can be pussys up there and come down here and think they run tha show and tell everyone they have seen it all when they havent even seen a friend die but only heard about a friends friends...friend dying from murder.....hell i can say that by watching the news..hey i ve seen someone i know die..in iraq...but they were someone i only knew of.....not a true friend...most of these kids that come here disrespect me and other floridians by telling us they havent been through anything as bad as what the bronx has to offer ,,,,,but i wish they would put thier money where thier mouth was and trade places to really see where the hell ive been.....they need to stop...cuz ive been robbed at gunpoint and ive seen my brother come home with his jaw broken after getting jumped in the ghetto in miami...and in miami they have signs at alot of places that say ..."no staring allowed"...because lots of people were beat up or shot in those places from starting a fight over someone looking at you with disrespect.....

Old 06-20-2007, 12:45 AM

U Are A Coward If U Talk But Dont Wanna Actually Do Something ..i Am Ready And If You Read My Otherr Blogs U Will Know That I Live In A Nice Community In Orlando Now And You Know Where I Can Be Found..i Will Show U How Floridians Deal With People Who Invade Our Homes...just Stop Talking In Ny...and Come To Tha Fla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando