Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookeeperto6 View Post
How would she find a privately owned condo? Craigslist?
Yep, Craigslist is a good place to look!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 PM

43 posts, read 113,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Oviedo town centre is nice. But there are really too many to name. Pretty much all of Oviedo is nice.
Thanks this is one that we were looking at online yesterday. We will be checking out Oviedo this summer. Thank you!

Old 06-04-2010, 06:16 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,391 times
Look at 32814 zip code...there are alot of condo's for rent...nice area...not far from UCF....pay a little more for a nicer, safe place...

Old 06-07-2010, 12:33 AM

617 posts, read 832,714 times
Oviedo is a great area, not many college students wander up in that area, but it's only about a 10-15 minute commute at most. There are some decent apartments around the Waterford Lakes area that you could check out as well.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 AM

5 posts, read 10,035 times
Quote:
my 22yo daughter is transferring to ucf this fall. We need to find her a safe, quiet, mature place to live. She doesn't drink or party at all, and this will be her first time away from home so we really want it to be successful. Please if you can, guide us to a mature, normal area. She has a car, and her dog is optional, can stay with us if need be. Any ideas? And if you know price ranges we need to get an idea of cost also. Thanks!

good grief, stay away from orlando, how about stetson, daytona state, orlando is dangerous, the traffic is crazy, find someplace else. I have a daughter i would not let her live here by her self. Safe neighbor in orlando, you got to be kidding, i lived downtown, in orlando, and my friend was robbed a block away. Stay away from orlando its a snake pit

Old 06-09-2010, 08:35 AM

43 posts, read 113,964 times
She is looking at Heather Glen apartments, has checked them out, says its close enough to maybe ride a bike to school but busy road so maybe not? Any thoughts on this area?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:12 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,391 times
That looks like a very nice apartment. The price seems reasonable. You should drive around the area at night to see who lives there...I remember there were alot of apartments over there. Do they have on site security? I think it's just out door parking. Security gate? key/card? double locks on doors with chain? We looked in that area for a home but could not find one...but seemed like a nice older area...University is a busy street...I think the Orlando paper has a thing you can check the crime in that area...look at their web page...

Old 07-31-2010, 03:32 PM

5,342 posts, read 6,167,028 times
Quote:
She is looking at Heather Glen apartments, has checked them out, says its close enough to maybe ride a bike to school but busy road so maybe not? Any thoughts on this area?
I would not recommend Heather Glen apartments. I had a friend who just moved out of there. His door was kicked in and everything in his apartment was taken and apparently there were 2 attempted rapes in the complex this spring, where someone broke into girls apartment's and tried to rape them. He moved out of their very quickly after this. If you do go check it out look at the quality of the doors. If you notice they are very light wood, easily kicked in. Not a good place to live. All of the cheaper places to live near UCF will attract a bad crowd.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:18 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
Heather glen isn't bad, it's generally safe. I recently heard of the attempt of rape in the middle of the night in the parking lot but that's it. I wouldn't recommend riding your bike to UCF from heather glen, the whole way there is up hill and it's a very busy road with a lot of lights and restaurants with enterances. If she's gonna ride a bike or walk I would look into something on alafaya. There are plenty of good apartments along alafaya next to ucf.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:24 PM

11 posts, read 51,012 times
Zoo Keeper, did you find a place for your daughter? I'm in the UCF area and can do some research if you haven't found a place yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando