U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-06-2010, 05:46 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,238,200 times
Default Annoying "Free" newspaper thrown on lawn

Is anyone else getting this "What's the Deal Orlando" advertising newspaper thrown at their house every week, from the Orlando Sentinel? I've called them to try to stop it but it keeps coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 AM

794 posts, read 1,320,232 times
They need to keep the numbers up for the advertising coupon's revenue.

Hope this helps,

Old 05-06-2010, 08:18 AM

23,512 posts, read 30,966,214 times
The HOA I live in has told them that if they come back throwing things on lawns and driveways the police would be called. Hasn't happened a second time.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:19 AM

43,862 posts, read 26,699,854 times
People are paid to deliver to specific address locations. These customers were called ahead of time to ask their permission to deliver this publication. The carriers are supposed to bring any left over publications back to their pick up station to be properly recycled. They are too lazy to do that, even though it is a simple task, and throw them all over the place instead.

I'll check today to see if there is a better number for you to use or you can feel free to send me a message with your physical address and I'll report it for you. The paper DOES make money off of advertisement, but without consent and an address, then it isn't really the valid circulation number needed for advertisement sales cost. It becomes a great waste of paper and resources and aggravates consumers such as yourself.

I apologize to you in advance!!!

Old 08-18-2014, 05:59 AM

1 posts, read 280 times
It keeps happening to me, even after talking to an agent supposedly in charge of cancelling it. I live alone and I am worried to leave town for a few days and have my home broken into. I will appreciate if someone tells me if the paper would have to be legally responsible if something happens. Unfortunately my immediate neighbors cannot always be trusted.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:49 AM

23,512 posts, read 30,966,214 times
Send the editor a cease and desist, and let them know that you will be contacting local authorities about littering if they don't.

Thank goodness my HOA is guarded and gated and these idiots can't get in. If it doesn't come in the US Mail or isn't the paper people actually pay to subscribe to, it doesn't get delivered.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:17 AM

4,451 posts, read 2,140,969 times
some folks pick up those papers for couponing. one man's trash is another man's treasure-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando