Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 06:27 PM

69 posts, read 177,095 times

Advertisements

It is my daughter's 10th birthday. We have decided to take her to Disney/Universal for 4 days. She wants to visit both parks. Which would be the better experience: Portofino Bay Resort at Universal or Boardwalk Villas at Disney? I can't decide if the magic hours outweigh the universal fast pass.
We have never stayed "on-resort" before. The last time we came to Orlando we did the Nickelodeon. Any advice would be great! (Oh, and BTW, it will be the memorial day weekend, unfortunately!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 06:37 PM
grant516

n/a posts
Universal. The pass benefits are far superior.

Just be forewarned you will be charged about $10 or so a day for parking at Universal's hotels.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:51 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,530,753 times
While you'll get some good answers here, take a gander at Hotels and Vacation Reviews - TripAdvisor also.
It's a wealth of information for the tourist area.

Have fun!

Old 05-07-2010, 06:55 PM

3 posts, read 6,929 times
I'd stay at Universal.

The Universal Express is certainly worth it. Extra Magic Hours is a nice perk, but from my experience it is just as crowded, if not more then during the day. All of the Resort guests usually end up at that park and it can get a bit crazy.

Universal Express however, is fantastic. I don't think I've ever waited longer than 10minutes for a ride. If it's during a weekend and Mardi Gras is going on at Universal, it is most certainly worth it.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:13 PM

10 posts, read 24,983 times
Both parks have fast passes too. You take your ticket, put it in a kiosk, and it shoots out a fast pass that tells you a time to come back to the ride that you're wanting to go to. The time the pass works usually is an hour or two after you get it. Helpful tip when it comes to going to the parks: start from the back and work your way towards the front! Rides like The Hulk get really long likes early because it is right up front. Best bet would be to go to the ride, get the fast pass, and then go to another ride in the back. Then a couple hours later, you can use your fast pass and be up at the front!

Old 05-07-2010, 08:37 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,895,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvyalots249 View Post
Both parks have fast passes too. You take your ticket, put it in a kiosk, and it shoots out a fast pass that tells you a time to come back to the ride that you're wanting to go to. The time the pass works usually is an hour or two after you get it. Helpful tip when it comes to going to the parks: start from the back and work your way towards the front! Rides like The Hulk get really long likes early because it is right up front. Best bet would be to go to the ride, get the fast pass, and then go to another ride in the back. Then a couple hours later, you can use your fast pass and be up at the front!
Universal hasn't had a free Fastpass style of ticket for years now!They either have the Express tickets that you purchase,I can't tell you the price as I've never bought them and I've heard the price varies depending on how busy that particular day is.Also if you stay at one of their hotels you also get unlimited express for all the rides that offer it,but their hotels are not exactly cheap.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:31 PM

179 posts, read 289,441 times
I would choose Universal , the hotels are great
and the unlimted express is priceless going on a holiday weekend.
As had been stated disney has free fastpasses.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:36 PM

184 posts, read 438,060 times
We always stayed at DW resorts. They are heaven on earth! Going to their bus stops and riding the bus was fun in itself! Our favorite is the "Caribbean Beach". The whole "Atmosphere of the DW resorts is fun and happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: