Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 12:57 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitbybug View Post
Is it feasible to live close to bus transportation in Orlando and not have a car? I'm thinking of taking the bus to the grocery store, and back and forth to airport or Amtrak. Advice appreciated.
It can be done. I relied solely on Lynx until I bought my car in March 2009. I would also recommend you buy a bike. Lynx buses are equipped with bike racks and you can mount your bike on there and go wherever, then ride your bike if your destination is a bit further off the bus line. Just set aside a LOT of time because the bus system is SO SLOW around here. If I were to walk to OBT (1 block from my house) and catch the bus to Downtown Orlando, it would take an hour and a half, to go 12 miles! When I used to go visit my friend by Curry Ford and Goldenrod, I would have to set aside 3 hours just to get there. It is possible but its time consuming

I don't recommend it this time of year though. I can't think of anything much worse then waiting for a bus thats 20 minutes late in blazing sun and 96 degree heat. If you do this with the bike and bus, carry a water bottle with you at all times

Otherwise get a reliable affordable car with ice old a/c
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 08:16 AM

6 posts, read 6,516 times
Thanks to everybody for their helpful answers. Since I only want to live in Orlando 3 months out of the year, looks like I will try to find an economical car rental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando