Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 03:55 PM

11 posts, read 33,322 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am interested in becoming a real estate agent . Would anyone know of any good schools near winter springs to take classes from for the sales associate license . Also since I am new to this line would you know of agents who would hire a fresher and give leads.

I have experience working for banks in mortgage deptt but now want to change my line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 10:02 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,810,076 times
A school I have had dealings with is CFREC near Universal. they have a variety of class options from 1 week programs to longer ones. I don't know of any near WS... IFREC is on the West side. As to places that "give" leads away. I've heard of many that say they rotate leads through the office. None of the ones I got in those situations amounted to anything. It is really luck of the draw and being in the office should someone call or walk in.

There are some agencies that like to charge a good amount. Don't accept less than 60%, there is no need. Keller Williams takes 36% Weikert I think is about the same. remax and C-21 might charge monthly fees as well as healthy splits.

The challenge to any agent is getting the people to use you. Get out and network, learn the trade, and meet people. Everyone knows several people that will buy or sell a home every year. You just want them to think of you.

Some companies are nasty about who is keeping the listings should you leave. The broker actually is entitled to them but some companies will let you take them if you leave. This is something to ask about.

Prepare for some healthy expenses. fees, cards, advertising, web pages... the list can be endless. In time you will learn the best sources to place your $.

It isn't as easy as many want to think. there is a great deal to being a decent agent. I suggest above all listen to the people. If they say they want something... show them that. Sometimes they aren't reasonable, but often they know their interests and comfort zones. Learn your laws, meet some good lenders and other support people. just a few thoughts.

Good luck!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:03 AM

18 posts, read 33,493 times
On You Tube, there is Florida real estate math lessons that are free. The instructor on those videos is fabulous. He is the best real estate instructor in Oralndo. Check those videos out before you enroll in real estate school. I also read an article, " The Cheapest Real Estate in Orlando, Florida" Check that out. it is not the school. It is the instructor. If you take an on line course, be sure it is a Florida real estate school.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:39 AM

24,325 posts, read 26,716,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrika View Post
Hi,

I am interested in becoming a real estate agent . Would anyone know of any good schools near winter springs to take classes from for the sales associate license . Also since I am new to this line would you know of agents who would hire a fresher and give leads.

I have experience working for banks in mortgage deptt but now want to change my line.
Remember a broker wants you more than you want them, so don't have the mindset of "will they accept a fresher." Besides Redfin, you only get paid commission. You should be interviewing them on why you should join. See what training they offer, any support, mentorship etc.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:54 AM

26,585 posts, read 61,821,688 times
I reported the advertising.

OP--You need to be prepared to get your own leads. Unless you plan on sitting a lot of desk time (unpaid) and hoping for calls or walk-in's, it will be up to you.

IMHO you're better off pounding the pavement and networking than sitting a bunch of desk time.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:41 AM

35 posts, read 36,478 times
I went to CFREC for my Sales Associate license and IFREC for my Broker's license. They are both great schools. Start off at a brokerage where they supply training. Just be careful about drinking too much of the Kool-aid while you are there. Some RE brokerages look for agents who will bring them more agents. Interview everyone and find the place that fits you. Might also be good to have a few months of income in the bank. Start to finish your first deals will take 90 days. That is very important to remember! Good luck! Don't use the fly by night schools that are being thrown about. Use CFREC or IFREC and thank me later.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,709 times
Default Climer School of Real Estate

I just saw your question and I just attended The Climer School of Real Estate in Orlando. This school and instructor are amazing. They have to blow anyone and everyone else away. My instructor was Andy Brown and he was phenomenal. I was never bored, and I did everything he suggested and I passed my Florida Real estate sales associate license test on my first try. it was easy thanks to Andy. No one should go anywhere else. You have to go to The Climer School of Real Estate!

Old 07-10-2015, 11:45 AM

22 posts, read 31,104 times
I used IFREC. They offer different class schedules and locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: