Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:04 AM

250 posts, read 706,248 times

Advertisements

RazorRob305 and annerk not only great suggestions, but i think i will actually put both of those on my agenda. i am kind of worried about bike week being in kissimmee that week though. do you think it will be too loud with all the motorcycles or take away from the usual atmosphere that is Old Town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 12:23 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvingme23 View Post
RazorRob305 and annerk not only great suggestions, but i think i will actually put both of those on my agenda. i am kind of worried about bike week being in kissimmee that week though. do you think it will be too loud with all the motorcycles or take away from the usual atmosphere that is Old Town?

I don't think so really because Old Town always has some kind of car shows or bike shows...it's kind of the tradition there and it would be the same atmosphere as usual I think because people will only really go there to display their bikes....People like me didn't really care about the bikes or cars that much when I went...I usually hit up one of the bars and then went and looked at the people swinging on that big skycoaster and then played some games and played pool at the bar after that...you won't really notice the Bikes or Cars as much as you envision it in your mind right now....They're there but mainly people who come there for that are focused on it...other people are just going there to eat at a restaurant or go to a bar or hit some rides up...I doubt it will be rowdy over there or anything if that's what you mean...I've never heard of bad things during bike days at OldTown.

Last edited by RazorRob305; 06-01-2010 at 12:48 AM..

Old 06-01-2010, 01:05 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
One other tip to save money is that if you go to any bars or clubs in the tourist corridor that you sometimes can get a discount on drinks or food if you tell them you work in the service industry in the area....I know this because I worked at Domino's Pizza and I would go to a few bars out near Lake Buena Vista and all I did was told them I worked in the service industry and I was able to get $2 beers instead of $3.50 beers...lol....I'm not sure which exact places might do it but the places I went to did....just be real convincing and say you guys all work at a certain hotel or something when the bartender comes up and if it fails then at least you tried, but I know for sure they do things for service industry people out near the Disney/Universal areas.

Also..one other thing...if you are out drunk somewhere and need a cab...don't ask a taxi for a ride.... if u see a pizza place around..trust me..lots of pizza drivers I knew would take people back to the hotel they were staying at for less money than the taxi would...taxi's are rip-offs..when i delivered i took people to their hotels for 5 or 10 bucks depending the distance and it saved the people more than they would have spent on a cab....just ask some pizza drivers ...some won't do it but some don't care and want the extra money if they're having a crappy night in tips...just another money saving tip....but don't go in the pizza shop to ask them though....wait till you see a pizza driver going to their car and then ask if they could possibly take you back to your hotel...just some tips like i said

Last edited by RazorRob305; 06-01-2010 at 01:17 AM..

Old 06-01-2010, 01:08 PM

wholey moley the pizza driver idea is great. i will remember that one even if i'm not drunk .

i don't think it's a bike show but a bike festival. i'm wondering if it's like in daytona. i went when they had it in daytona and it was loud. they were everywhere. but if it's more like a showcase like you suggest then that's a different story.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:47 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvingme23 View Post
wholey moley the pizza driver idea is great. i will remember that one even if i'm not drunk .

i don't think it's a bike show but a bike festival. i'm wondering if it's like in daytona. i went when they had it in daytona and it was loud. they were everywhere. but if it's more like a showcase like you suggest then that's a different story.
It is like a smaller version of Daytona.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:08 PM

well, it's almost here. i'm excited. any last minute suggestions. so far it's looking like city walk, downtown disney, possibly old towne, kissimee, and wall street/downtown

Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,051,693 times
Definitely go downtown around Orange Ave on the weekend. There are tons of places around there and branching off the side streets...Wall St, Pine St, Central, Church, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando