Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 02:36 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,529,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday

Yay it is the weekend !!!
So lets see who is up and ready to answer

Karla, I tried really hard to get the pole today, but not on purpose...(yea, that makes sense, huh!!!) I drank 2 large ice teas at a restaurant at dinner time and I couldn't go to sleep last night..(this girl was thirsty!!!)...so, of course, I got onto cd late at night....and patiently waited.....and refreshed...and read all kinds of stupid threads...and waited....and waited..... I even read the one about, 'where is Karla, I need my qotd fix' and laughed my guts out because I knew all the 'regulars'! I finally went to bed at 4:00 (on the west coast)..... My husband was snoring, so I went downstairs at 4:45 and slept for a few hours on the sofa.....I should have come back in here and checked again..... I'm never gonna get the pole! NEVER, NEVER!

Today's Question(s):
For those that need a maybe it is time to "clean house reminder"

How many emails do you have in your:
Inbox ? 4419 (I know, I know)..... I receive a lot, but I DELETE a lot, too!
Trash bin ? 0 After I delete, they are outa here!

On your CD account:
How many DM's are in your inbox ? over 150
How many in your sent box ? about the same

Bonus Question:

Where is your favorite place to "Saunter" ? Anywhere where nobody bugs me.....the harbor is a good place for quiet time......

Extra Credit Question:

Would you say you are more

"Book Smart" ?
or
"Street Smart" ?
Both

Just for Fun:

Do you leave a light on outside your home at night ? We have a system on timers. However, we have one in the main island that comes on at sunset and goes off at sunrise. I have 3 candle lights in that one--they flicker, kinda orangish.....so pretty.

Are you hoping for a sunny or rainy day today ? Sunny.....very good day for sailing today.....

Today in History:
1846 - The first organized baseball game was played on this day. The location was Hoboken, New Jersey. The New York Baseball Club defeated the Knickerbocker Club, 23 to 1. This first game was only four innings long I like Dodger Dogs.
1910 - Father's Day celebrated for 1st time (Spokane, Wash) gifts are bought. Just got back from Ralphs, gotta go to Costco in a few.
1973 - "Rocky Horror Picture Show," stage production opens in London never saw it....not my thang....
1978 - Garfield, created by Jim Davis, 1st appears as a comic strip he's a little dickens
1988 - World's Largest Sausage completed at 13 miles long gross!
1988 - 32 divers finish cycling underwater on a standard tricycle,to complete 116.66 mi in 75 hours 20 minutes Did we find out if they used scuba gear? Do we care?

Word of the Day:
amok \uh-MUHK\ , adjective;
1. In or into a jumbled or confused state.
2. In or into an uncontrolled state or a state of extreme activity.

I am always running amok.

Today is:
National Dry Martini Day you can have mine
World Sauntering Day Saunter on over here and sit by me.
Juneteenth Is that a word?
Eat an Oreo Day
or three

Okay, off to Macy's and Costco. Eek, the crowds! Have a good one everybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 03:06 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Ok, I cleaned up all of my DMs, email, etc. I'm free, I'm free!!!!!!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 04:29 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,520,115 times
Hey all. What a calm sleepy day today, makes it hard to move.

Today's Question(s):

Inbox ?
Zero on a really old account, zero on my main one, and probably like 200 on my school one cause I almost never use it. Last year I got up to 800 on it.
Trash bin ? Zero, zero, and like 500. I just do mass deletions on my school account.

On your CD account:
How many DM's are in your inbox ?
Direct messages? None.
How many in your sent box ? None.

Bonus Question:

Where is your favorite place to "Saunter" ?
Lottsa places, all around town, around the neighborhood, by the river, following train tracks, the mall, other cities lol. None of these are really favorites I guess, that'd be in places I used to live that I miss.

Extra Credit Question:

"Book Smart" ?
Very, I know more about everything and nothing then I'll ever need to. School's too easy, I don't learn anything new there, it's a bore.
or
"Street Smart" ?
Yup, that too. Just as good with this as the other one. Guess I'm just a genius.

Just for Fun:

Do you leave a light on outside your home at night ?
We used to, but we need to save power.
Are you hoping for a sunny or rainy day today ?
I was kinda hoping for a rainy one today, but this sunny one made me feel pretty good so far today.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:48 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Hi Karla, and all QOTD posters, and I hope you're all having a good weekend.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:47 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,138,809 times
20 minutes till tomorrow!!! In before lock!!!!

[b]Today's Question(s):
OK!!!

Inbox ? 90
Trash bin ? 178

Bonus Question:

Where is your favorite place to "Saunter" ?
any where that's leagal!!!

Extra Credit Question:

"Book Smart" ?this!!!
or
"Street Smart" ? and that!!!!!

Just for Fun:

Do you leave a light on outside your home at night ? some times!!!

Are you hoping for a sunny or rainy day today ?Sunny today, with a hope of rain tomorrow!!!

Today is:
National Dry Martini Daysingin' my song!!!
World Sauntering Day
Juneteenth
Eat an Oreo Day[/quote]

Hopefully will see you tomorrow!!! Happy Father's day to all you Pops out there!!!

Last edited by Sweetie Pie; 06-19-2010 at 10:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics