Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 02:21 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,148,202 times

Advertisements

I think with all the witty inventors and scientist around, there should be lots more things available in our life to make it better and easier. Here are a few of my ideas:

- An automated 'above the shoulders' fixer. You choose your make-up colors and types, choose your hair style, and then pull this thing over your head sort of like the old fashioned hair dryers. After 5 minutes....you are ready to go. (Originally used the word 'head' fixer....then changed it.)

-Car color changer. Tired of one color? Then go to the painter thing that works much like a car wash. For a few bucks, you change the color of your car.

- A magical sauna room that melts your fat off each week.

What are some inventions that would work for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 02:22 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,365,591 times
I'd like a time machine. Thanks.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:53 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,793,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I'd like a time machine. Thanks.
Me too!! Thanks again!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:47 PM

44,619 posts, read 61,571,507 times
A body rejuvenation machine.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:09 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,930,078 times
What a great thread! Love the suggestions.
Here's what I'd like, and it has already been invented. We just need the retail version.
An automatic noise reducer. They produce "anti-sound waves" or reverse sound waves to anything that bothers me: Lawn mowers, airplanes, loud speakers in cars, etc., etc.
(This was invented, if I remember correctly, in England during WWI. I saw it on a TV program about the war.) I'll go check that if anyone cares!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:17 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,148,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
What a great thread! Love the suggestions.
Here's what I'd like, and it has already been invented. We just need the retail version.
An automatic noise reducer. They produce "anti-sound waves" or reverse sound waves to anything that bothers me: Lawn mowers, airplanes, loud speakers in cars, etc., etc.
(This was invented, if I remember correctly, in England during WWI. I saw it on a TV program about the war.) I'll go check that if anyone cares!
Now that would be a great invention. There would be a run on the stores from every husband world wide.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:19 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,930,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Now that would be a great invention. There would be a run on the stores from every husband world wide.
Thanks! I believe the run would also include everyone who can hear!!!!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:33 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,376 times
OH I've got one, brakes on grocery carts. How many times have you tried to unload your groceries from the cart and all of a sudden the cart takes off across the parking lot and you've had to do a sprint to catch it or is that just me that happens to?

Old 06-21-2010, 05:41 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think with all the witty inventors and scientist around, there should be lots more things available in our life to make it better and easier. Here are a few of my ideas:

- An automated 'above the shoulders' fixer. You choose your make-up colors and types, choose your hair style, and then pull this thing over your head sort of like the old fashioned hair dryers. After 5 minutes....you are ready to go. (Originally used the word 'head' fixer....then changed it.)

-Car color changer. Tired of one color? Then go to the painter thing that works much like a car wash. For a few bucks, you change the color of your car.

- A magical sauna room that melts your fat off each week.

What are some inventions that would work for you?
U have been watching the Jetsons... And the Flintstones, but I am with u why not have a built in dressing machine that does make up hair and nails. Hey and why not clothing too. I want a machine that does all the house work as well. Great minds think alike.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:59 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,486,067 times
I want tools made to suit small-to-average height women who renovate, remodel and paint their homes!

Everything in houses seems to have been designed with the idea that the person needing to fix, change or paint things is at least 5' 9" tall. I am 5' 3" so when standing on the third rung of the stepladder, with a standard screwdriver, paintbrush or roller, I am just a few crummy inches short of being able to reach the place I need to be! So I have to stand on the fourth rung of the step ladder, which either causes me to bang my head against the ceiling, or teeter-totter madly while trying to maintain balance!

Also, the grip of screwdrivers, paintbrushes and other everyday tools can be very unwieldy and uncomfortable because manufacturers expect the user to have standard man-size hands!

So how about some tools with longer, and slightly smaller diameter handles?

When I enquired about tools suitable for women in my local hardware store, all I was offered was a lightweight hammer and some pink-framed painting goggles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics