Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,119,563 times

Advertisements

Good Morning!

Today's Question:

Do you have a item(s) that you will only use the National Brand not the Store Brand? laundry soap

Are there items where you prefer the Store brand over the National brand ? some it doesn't matter~but prefer no..

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

Is there a TV show you keep watching even though you may say, "Why do I watch this" ? Those Housewife shows..

Bonus Question:

Ladies: Did or do you have a charm bracelet ? no

Men: Do any of the ladies in your life have a charm bracelet ?

Just for Fun:

Ok it is 6 months till Christmas, has any here started their shopping already ? I have 2 necklaces for the girls squirreled away..

Which utensil gets the most use in your home ? fork

Have a great weekend! Start camping in the PM tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:19 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,581,066 times
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Happy "Leon Day"

**QOTD update**
Now that summer is here I am staying up later then usual, this means I am sleeping later. So this may result in the QOTD being posted later than normal. So fear not it will be posted I just can't guarantee a time
No worries from me Karla...I completely understand and something my "lack of patience" meter tolerates well. I do love it when you post it in the late pm's though.
Now back to our regularly scheduled "program"

Today's Question:

Do you have a item(s) that you will only use the National Brand not the Store Brand? Many...but one in particular potato chips...the cheap brands suck and aren't worth the savings! Got some off brand recently because I wasn't at my "regular" store and didn't want to pay $3.99 a bag...taste like the old potato sticks from back in the day that came in the can.

Are there items where you prefer the Store brand over the National brand ? Well I definitely know which ones are a good value and enjoy the savings.

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

Is there a TV show you keep watching even though you may say, "Why do I watch this" ? I'm guilty

Bonus Question:

Ladies: Did or do you have a charm bracelet ? I think I did when a kid...but it may have disappeared before I ever got any new charms.

Just for Fun:

Ok it is 6 months till Christmas, has any here started their shopping already ? He!! to the NO!

Which utensil gets the most use in your home ? Have fork will travel and I like the shorty version forks in my set.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:24 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,599,992 times
Do you have a item(s) that you will only use the National Brand not the Store Brand? I have become addicted to "Blue Bell" ice cream.

Are there items where you prefer the Store brand over the National brand ? I generally prefer Craftsmen tools. I'm wondering if Karla knows what these are?

Is there a TV show you keep watching even though you may say, "Why do I watch this" ? Not anymore, just swore off "Heroes", "V". No more life long series that you have to watch every episode like "Lost", etc...

Men: Do any of the ladies in your life have a charm bracelet ? My Mom. Does that count?

Ok it is 6 months till Christmas, has any here started their shopping already ? Not started, but have already picked up some items for certain members of the family.

Which utensil gets the most use in your home ? I have one medium Japanese style kitchen knife.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:06 AM

10,781 posts, read 8,707,195 times
Today's Question:

Do you have a item(s) that you will only use the National Brand not the Store Brand?
Band-aids - the cheap store brands don't stick!

Are there items where you prefer the Store brand over the National brand ?
I don't buy that many Store brands so I don't have any favourites.

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

Is there a TV show you keep watching even though you may say, "Why do I watch this" ?
If my daughter's watching them, I'll sit for 10 or so minutes and watch the Kardashian girls one, and the Housewife ones (not sure how many of those there are now!).

Bonus Question:

Ladies: Did or do you have a charm bracelet ? Yes, a Pandora charm bracelet.

Just for Fun:

Ok it is 6 months till Christmas, has any here started their shopping already ? No.

Which utensil gets the most use in your home ? Wooden spoon.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 AM

4,583 posts, read 4,263,341 times
Today's Question:

Do you have a item(s) that you will only use the National Brand not the Store Brand? Most everything

Are there items where you prefer the Store brand over the National brand ? Paper towels

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

Is there a TV show you keep watching even though you may say, "Why do I watch this" ? All of the reality shows, never thought I'd get 'hooked'.

Bonus Question:

Ladies: Did or do you have a charm bracelet ? Yes, it's silver with beachy charms.

Just for Fun:

Ok it is 6 months till Christmas, has any here started their shopping already ? Interesting question as I normally start right after Christmas and almost done by now. This year, pfffff...haven't started yet.

Which utensil gets the most use in your home ? Favorite spatula, wooden spoon and my knives from 'the ex'.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:42 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,540,466 times
Good morning Karla and Company...

Today's Question:

Do you have a item(s) that you will only use the National Brand not the Store Brand? Papertowles (Bounty), toilet tissue (Northern) & tissue (Puffs).
Are there items where you prefer the Store brand over the National brand ? No

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

Is there a TV show you keep watching even though you may say, "Why do I watch this" ? American Idol, when I don't like the way it's going!

Bonus Question:

Ladies: Did or do you have a charm bracelet ? Never had one

Just for Fun:

Ok it is 6 months till Christmas, has any here started their shopping already ? You're joking, right??? lol

Which utensil gets the most use in your home ? Probably a fork!!!

Today is:
National Catfish Day....Yummo!
National Strawberry Parfait Day
Log Cabin Day
LEON Day...Oh, good grief!!!

Have a fabulous Friday everyone...

Old 06-25-2010, 10:55 AM

8,875 posts, read 13,864,028 times
Happy Friday one and all! I'm doing QOTD which means it's lunch time and I am on the downside now getting ready to slide out the door at 1700 hrs on the DOT!

Today's Question:

Do you have a item(s) that you will only use the National Brand not the Store Brand?
Plenty of grocery store items, especially soda, paper towels, bottled gravy, etc..

I know there are some... Can't think of them at the moment.

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

Is there a TV show you keep watching even though you may say, "Why do I watch this" ?
The house flipping shows, the one where 1st time buyers go househunting, and the one where the sellers go back to see what the buyers did to their place. They are all HORRIBLE, but I keep tuning in to get disgusted!

Bonus Question:

Ladies: Did or do you have a charm bracelet ?

My DW has one from when we were younger. She doesn't wear alot of jewelry so I hardly ever see it.

Just for Fun:

Ok it is 6 months till Christmas, has any here started their shopping already ?
oN kceh... That's Noel day lingo for the status of my shopping.

Which utensil gets the most use in your home ?
Forks, spoons, spatula, cutting knives.

Today is:
National Catfish Day No thank you
National Strawberry Parfait Day Oh yeah!
Log Cabin Day Nothing says rustic like a log cabin out in the woods.
LEON Day - LEON is NOEL spelled backwards. It means six months until Christmas Time flies!

Old 06-25-2010, 11:13 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,963,458 times
Today's Question:

Do you have a item(s) that you will only use the National Brand not the Store Brand? A lot! I have found a few store brand items that were pretty good.

Are there items where you prefer the Store brand over the National brand ? probably not

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

Is there a TV show you keep watching even though you may say, "Why do I watch this" ? The Housewives of NJ

Bonus Question:

Ladies: Did or do you have a charm bracelet ? Yes, I got one for my 16th birthday.

Just for Fun:

Ok it is 6 months till Christmas, has any here started their shopping already ? NO

Which utensil gets the most use in your home ?spoons and forks

Have a great weekend!

Old 06-25-2010, 11:19 AM

401 posts, read 478,666 times
Today's Question:

Do you have a item(s) that you will only use the National Brand not the Store Brand? I do tend to stick with Crest toothpaste.

Are there items where you prefer the Store brand over the National brand ? Yes. Soda pop for example.

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

Is there a TV show you keep watching even though you may say, "Why do I watch this" ? Nope. I don't watch tv except if it's on at someone's house that I'm visiting. I saw a little of If The Price is Right today because of that.

Bonus Question:

Men: Do any of the ladies in your life have a charm bracelet ? My sister has one that I used to buy her charms for.

Just for Fun:

Ok it is 6 months till Christmas, has any here started their shopping already ? Are you kidding? I won't do my shopping until the very last minute. It's almost a tradition with me to my embarrassment.

Which utensil gets the most use in your home ? It's neck and neck between a spatula and soup ladle. It's pretty easy to cook scrambled eggs and, it's pretty easy to heat up soup.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:20 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,647,337 times
Today's Question:

Oreo's and JIF peanut butter. Not together although that might be good. I'll let you know later.

Pretzel rods from GFS.

Extra Credit Question:

OK fess up

Life is too short to spend it watching bad TV.

Bonus Question:

NO

Just for Fun:

Ok it is 6 months till Christmas, has any here started their shopping already ?
We usually start early but if we started this early we'd forget that we bought something.

Which utensil gets the most use in your home ?
Spatula, there are always 4 or 5 in the dishwasher.

Today in History:
1630 - Fork introduced to American dining by Governor Winthrop
1867 - 1st barbed wire patented by Lucien B Smith of Ohio
1938 - Federal minimum wage law guarantees workers 40 cents per hour
1947 - 1st edition of Anne Frank's Diary published
1947 - Tennis shoe introduced
1953 - 1st passenger to fly commercially around the world - 100 hours

Word of the Day:
cakewalk \KEYK-wawk\ , noun;
1. Something easily accomplished.
2. A 19th-century African-American tradition in which walkers performing the most accomplished or amusing steps won cakes as prizes.

Today is:
National Catfish Day
National Strawberry Parfait Day
Log Cabin Day
LEON Day - LEON is NOEL spelled backwards. It means six months until Christmas[/quote]
Gubmuh Day for those of you who think Christmas is a humbug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics