U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 07:22 AM

3,432 posts, read 3,266,661 times

Advertisements

What's the strangest thing(s) that has ever happened to you.

I seem to be a magnet for freak accidents.

1. I was going to a store to pick out carpet with my mom and step-sister. They both walked in the door before me and as I was walking in the door they motioned for me to look up. As I looked up I saw a gigantic roll of carpet falling down towards me. I put my hands up to stop it but I couldn't and it knocked me to the ground. They called the paramedics. Evrything turned out ok but if I hadn't put my hands up to stop some of the impact I don't know what would have happened.

2. I was about 6 years old and I used to get up on the laundry hamper so I could brush my hair and see myself in the mirror. I fell off the hamper with the brush in my hand and somehow one of the bristles got imbedded into the gum and I had to go to the dentist.

3. When I was about 3 I decided it would be a good idea to stick a bean in each nostril. I manged to get one out but the other one was stuck. I had to go to the ER and none of the nurses or Dr.'s could keep a straight face. They managed to get it out with a vaccuum or I would have had to have surgery.

I'm also a magnet for psychos:

1. I was at a red light and some crazy man on a motorcycle gets out off his bike and proceeds to slam my windshield with his fists. I have no CLUE who he was.

2. I had to merge in front of a man on a motorcycle because the lane was closing due to construction. I did not cut him off but he was irritated that I got in fron of him. He gets off the bike and tells me to roll my window down so he can beat me up. I was pregnant at the time.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:48 AM

15,294 posts, read 7,148,141 times
When I was 21, I had an four wheeler ATV. I was taking my brother for a ride down at this old gravel pit. I attempted to turn around and put it in reverse not realizing there was a 5 ro 6 foot deep gully directly behind us. I heard my brother holler "watch out!!" and the the next thing I realize is I'm lying in mud on my back at the bottom. Luckily, is was a narrow gully so the walls caught the ATV and kept it from landing on us. All I had was a deep cut on my lower leg that needed stitches. My brother was not hurt at all. I can't remember if he was able to bail before we tumbled backward ir not.

Amazing. It could have ended way worse. I wasn't even wearing a helmet.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:56 AM

4,349 posts, read 6,486,595 times
Years ago, as a kid, several friends and I found ourselves in an area where we had been forbidden to go. The truth of the matter is we did not plan to go their, and were not sure how we ended up their. As best as I can remember we had been using large drainage pipes to slip under roads being built, and somehow found one which deposited us in the restricted area in broad day light. Panic struck several of our little group and we scattered like birds on the opening day of Dove season. I ventured back across the restricted line without being seen, but several of our group ventured to a main highway and were spotted by the ever watchful neighbors. It was useless to deny our adventure, and I was restricted for an extended time. The little group or some of us anyway tried to retrace our steps, but never found the hidden path back to the forbidden zone. Shame because we really wanted to see why we weren’t suppose to go there. In our minds it became the place to explore, and the source of most of our restrictions for at least a year.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:57 AM

25,084 posts, read 13,912,186 times
I have an email I use strictly for fun. None of my real information is on it: the name, the birthday, the age etc... are all fictitious especially to discourage predators of any kind. I thought by so doing I was protecting my identity and it allows me to compartmentalize my web life. A person I didn't know contacted me several times on that email. I seriously discouraged contact and finally figured out how to block this person. Now the person is contacting me on my professional account that contains accurate information about me. I know people can do anything on line, but why bother? I think that is the strangest thing that has happened to me lately.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:58 AM

14,939 posts, read 10,006,042 times
duplicated topic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics