Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:25 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ? Yes. My goddaughter from Arizona will be visiting me for several days, including the 4th. We will spend the day with friends - watch a small-town parade; picnic; fireworks.

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ? Me! Yippee!!!!

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ? Not yet.

Lets talk about our hair
Part:
Center
Side
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ?

Do you wish it was:
Longer ?
Shorter ?
Straighter ?
Curlier ?
A different color ?
There ?
I like it the way it is. Used to bug me that it's so curly, but I've learned to appreciate my curls. My stylist reminds me that lots of women spend a fortune to get their hair curled, but God gave me my curls for free!

Just for Fun:
I have notice most of the QOTD family are animal "parents", so I have to ask

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ? I've got two cats. Haven't done anything over the top with them. No people food; no unusual things that I do for them. I just love 'em and they, in turn, allow me to live in the house.

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ? I do.

Did you ever sneak under the door when you didn't have change ? No. I always used the freebies. The restrooms where I saw pay toilets included mostly non-pay stalls, so there was a choice. I don't know what the difference was between pay and non-pay, except maybe the pay ones were a little larger and were kept cleaner. ha.

Today in History:
1859 - Charles Blondin is 1st to cross Niagara Falls on a tightrope Idiot.
1893 - Excelsior diamond (blue-white 995 carats) discovered Bling!
1894 - London Tower Bridge opens Isn't there a replica in the Arizona desert?
1936 - Margaret Mitchell’s book, "Gone with the Wind", was published in New York City. Great book; great movie!
1953 - The first Corvette rolled off the Chevrolet assembly line in Flint, MI. That early ’Vette sold for $3,250. - wow a restored one sold for $1million $3,250 was big bucks for a car back then!
1955 - "Johnny Carson Show," debuts on CBS-TV Loved Johnny. Just recently got out my tapes of Tonight Show highlights from the 60s through the 80s. My friends and I laughed ourselves silly at them.
1974 - The famous July 4th scene from the Steven Spielberg movie, "Jaws", was filmed. A crowd of 400 screaming, scared, panic-stricken extras in bathing suits ran from the water, over and over and over again, until the scene was perfect. Just watched that movie again a week and a half ago. Hadn't seen it for over 20 years. Good flick.

Word of the Day:
macabre \muh-KAH-bruh\ , adjective;
1. Gruesome and horrifying.
Much of the city in which I work (Gary, IN) is macabre.

Today is:
National Ice Cream Soda Day
Meteor Day
London Bridge Day ok
Pay Toilet Day Not anymore!
Special Recreation Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 07:27 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,770 times
Good to have you back, Karla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ? Nope, other than try and catch DS at home to do a video chat.

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ? Not me, as it's not celebrated down here - we already had our two independence holidays in November and I still worked from home. The downside to internet and modern technology.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ? Remember doing it once in the States to report a semi-driver who was driving like a mad man in heavy traffic and snow. That's when it dawned on me "why" companies put those stickers with telephone numbers on the trucks.

Inquiring Minds Want to Know Question:

Lets talk about our hair

Part:
Center when it's down
Side
No part ? when going to the office, etc., I brush and clip back so it doesn't fly all in my face.

Bangs or no bangs ? NO

Do you wish it was:
Longer ?
Shorter ?
Straighter ?
Curlier ? Would love natural curls.
A different color ?
There ?

Just for Fun:

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ? Hard to think of just one thing, because I've always spoiled my animals. Maybe when I said I couldn't stay too late, because I needed to get home to Shredder. Albert did OK and just slept if I was gone, but Shredder is higher maintenance - a LOT more.

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ? I do.

Did you ever sneak under the door when you didn't have change ?

Today in History:
1859 - Charles Blondin is 1st to cross Niagara Falls on a tightrope
1893 - Excelsior diamond (blue-white 995 carats) discovered Now that's a rock!
1936 - Margaret Mitchell’s book, "Gone with the Wind", was published in New York City.
1953 - The first Corvette rolled off the Chevrolet assembly line in Flint, MI. That early ’Vette sold for $3,250. - wow a restored one sold for $1million
1955 - "Johnny Carson Show," debuts on CBS-TV No one could top Johnny - he was just the best.
1974 - The famous July 4th scene from the Steven Spielberg movie, "Jaws", was filmed. A crowd of 400 screaming, scared, panic-stricken extras in bathing suits ran from the water, over and over and over again, until the scene was perfect. bet they earned their pay for that scene

Today is:
National Ice Cream Soda Day hold the soda please and leave the good stuff
Meteor Day
Pay Toilet Day
Special Recreation Day sounds wonderful, but . . .
Happy hump day everyone. Just can't believe it's already the last day of June 2010

Old 06-30-2010, 07:28 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

Today we say good-bye to June,yup another month zooms past.

So here is what was suppose to be yesterdays

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ? Going to Ouray, a friend of mine lives in Ridgway and we are spending the day there.

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ? Me!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ? Yes. Done it a couple months ago.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that could of had you singing "I've had the time of my life" ?

Lets talk about our hair

Part:
Center
Side left side
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ?

Do you wish it was:
Longer ?
Shorter ? It's gonna get shorter tomorrow!
Straighter ?
Curlier ?
A different color ? yep, not too bonkers on gray!
There ?

Just for Fun:

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ?

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ? Yep, I do!

Did you ever sneak under the door when you didn't have change ? Only once.
or
Make a sibling slide under ?

Today in History:
1893 - Excelsior diamond (blue-white 995 carats) discovered
1894 - London Tower Bridge opens
1936 - Margaret Mitchell’s book, "Gone with the Wind", was published in New York City.
1953 - The first Corvette rolled off the Chevrolet assembly line in Flint, MI. That early ’Vette sold for $3,250. - wow a restored one sold for $1million
1955 - "Johnny Carson Show," debuts on CBS-TVAlways was a fan of him!
1974 - The famous July 4th scene from the Steven Spielberg movie, "Jaws", was filmed. A crowd of 400 screaming, scared, panic-stricken extras in bathing suits ran from the water, over and over and over again, until the scene was perfect.

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Ice Cream Soda Dayyums!
Meteor Day
London Bridge Day
Pay Toilet Day
Special Recreation Day
Have a great Wednesday!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:34 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,004,316 times
Two and a half months ago I headed over to Europe for what was suppose to be a week. Tomorrow I actually get to go home. With layovers and connections it will take me 2 days to get home.

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ?
I will be home in Alaska

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ?
Monday will probable be a travel day. I will be heading from Alaska to a yet to be decided upon destination on the East Coast. Just in case anyone is doing the math...that's right, I will only be home 2 days.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ?
I am not about to use my cell phone to report my erratic driving.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that could of had you singing "I've had the time of my life" ?
That would be my job over the past 3 plus years.

Lets talk about our hair

Part:
Center
Side Sorta this one
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ? Bangless

Do you wish it was:
Longer ?
Shorter ? I am in need of a haircut. Has been three months.
Straighter ?
Curlier ?
A different color ?
There ?

Just for Fun:

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ?
One winter I left the gate to the back yard open so that my security moose could get there without having to jump the fence

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ?
Here I sit broken hearted.
Tried to but only farted.
Next time I will take a chance.
Save my dime and my pants.

or
Usually the handicap stall was free.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:37 AM

271 posts, read 460,339 times
Quote:
Good morning everyone
Happy Wednesday

Today we say good-bye to June,yup another month zooms past.

So here is what was suppose to be yesterdays

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ? Nope

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ? For once, I DO!!!!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ? Yep, once when I was out with my daughter and her newborn we were stopped at an intersection. This guy walked up to the window and tapped on the glass and told my daughter (she was driving) to make a right turn because she was holding up traffic (???we were in an optional lane: either turn right or continue forward-we were going forward). I told him to get the heck away from the truck or he was gonna find some lead in his a**. When the light changed, we continued on and then saw him again. He was weaving all over and looking really strung out- I don't know what was wrong with him. But we did get his license plate and call him in before he ran somebody off the road...

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that could of had you singing "I've had the time of my life" ? Hiking in the mountains in MT.

Lets talk about our hair

Part:
Center Pretty much here or wherever else it wants to go on any given day...lol
Side
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ? In between- growing them out

Do you wish it was:
Longer ? Yep
Shorter ?
Straighter ? Definitely
Curlier ? Nope- I've got too much of that naturally
A different color ? more blonde
There ?

Just for Fun:

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ? We had a 95lb husky-malamute mix one time and we let the big lug sleep in the bed with us...along with our australian shepherd.... thankfully she got down after awhile each night and went to lie down on the floor somewhere...lol

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ?

or
Make a sibling slide under ? neither...

Today in History:
1893 - Excelsior diamond (blue-white 995 carats) discovered
1894 - London Tower Bridge opens
1936 - Margaret Mitchell’s book, "Gone with the Wind", was published in New York City. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn... lol lol lol
1953 - The first Corvette rolled off the Chevrolet assembly line in Flint, MI. That early ’Vette sold for $3,250. - wow a restored one sold for $1million sweet!!!
1955 - "Johnny Carson Show," debuts on CBS-TV
1974 - The famous July 4th scene from the Steven Spielberg movie, "Jaws", was filmed. A crowd of 400 screaming, scared, panic-stricken extras in bathing suits ran from the water, over and over and over again, until the scene was perfect. I think we need a bigger boat...

Word of the Day:

Today is:
Meteor Day
London Bridge Day
Pay Toilet Day
Special Recreation Day
Happy "hump" day everyone!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:38 AM

483 posts, read 854,386 times
Good morning!!

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ? I'm working Saturday so I don't know if I'll be too tired on Sunday. If not, I'll probably go see some fireworks at the park.

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ?I do!!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ? No

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that could of had you singing "I've had the time of my life" ? I don't know.

Lets talk about our hair

Part:
Center
Side
No part ? Yep

Bangs or no bangs ? No bangs

Do you wish it was:
Longer ? No
Shorter ? No
Straighter ? No
Curlier ? I have curly hair and I love it just the way it is.
A different color ? Nope
There ? Oh it's there.

Just for Fun:

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ? Calling in sick for 2 days from work because one of my dogs had pancreatitis. I spent over $1,000 in vet fees. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ? I have no idea what this is???

or

Old 06-30-2010, 07:48 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ? Going to Smith Mountain Lake.

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ? Yes, I have Monday off.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ? No, because I have never seen one bad enough.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that could of had you singing "I've had the time of my life" ? In Anguilla. Fun trip, it was.

Lets talk about our hair Hair, flow it, show it, long as God can grow it. Oh say can you see...my ears, if you can then you're hair's too short.

Part:
Center
Side THIS
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ? No bangs.

Do you wish it was:
Longer ?
Shorter ?
Straighter ? THIS
Curlier ?
A different color ?
There ?

Just for Fun:

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ? My cat likes to climb up on my chest and look in my mouth when I open it. So I sometimes open it as wide as possible to give him a good look.

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ? I do. Aren't they still around in some places?

Did you ever sneak under the door when you didn't have change ? Not that I can remember but I would have.
or

Old 06-30-2010, 08:33 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,274,020 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ? Not really, just bbq'ing, not going to look for the fireworks, may go to the mall and check out the deals.

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ? n/a

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ? No, but that's a great idea.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that could of had you singing "I've had the time of my life" ? Cute question. (and I can't stop singing that song now) I think the last time was when we went to Universal Studios and there weren't any lines...I had so much fun.

Lets talk about our hair

Part:
Center
Side
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ?

Do you wish it was:
Longer ?
Shorter ?
Straighter ?
Curlier ?
A different color ? My own color!
There ?

Just for Fun:

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ? n/a

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ? I do

Did you ever sneak under the door when you didn't have change ? I remember going under once when I was younger. I don't think I could manage that nowadays.
or

Old 06-30-2010, 08:41 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Good morning!
Guess who is back on the internet?
I missed you guys. I had a rough patch but now I'm fine, and baby too

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ? No plans.

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ? Hubby has Monday off.

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ? No

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that could of had you singing "I've had the time of my life" ? Not the past trimester, that's for sure... But any time we go on vacation feels like the time of my life!

Lets talk about our hair

Part:
Center Sometimes
Side Sometimes
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ? No bangs

Today is:
Meteor Day Not in my garden, please
London Bridge Day
Pay Toilet Day
Special Recreation Day

Have a great day!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:53 AM

72,417 posts, read 18,202,018 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ?

It's going to be fun! My niece is getting married a week after the 4th. We are having a pre wedding banquet on the 4th. Because she lives in Northern Cal. Most of our friends are here

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ?

No

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets

There are a few here like in small restaurants

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics