Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ?
No plans
Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ?
I have every Monday off, and every other day too!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ?
I have used it to report an accident

Inquiring Minds Want to Know Question:

Lets talk about our hair

Part:
Center
Side
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ?

Do you wish it was:
Longer ?
Shorter ?
Straighter ?
Curlier ?
A different color ?
There ?

Just for Fun:
I have notice most of the QOTD family are animal "parents", so I have to ask

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ?

I do all kinds of crazy things for my pets. They have become normal things now.
How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ?
Yes, I remember them!
Did you ever sneak under the door when you didn't have change ?
orNO
Make a sibling slide under ?No siblings...

Today in History:
1859 - Charles Blondin is 1st to cross Niagara Falls on a tightrope
1893 - Excelsior diamond (blue-white 995 carats) discovered
1894 - London Tower Bridge opens
1936 - Margaret Mitchell’s book, "Gone with the Wind", was published in New York City.
1953 - The first Corvette rolled off the Chevrolet assembly line in Flint, MI. That early ’Vette sold for $3,250. - wow a restored one sold for $1million
1955 - "Johnny Carson Show," debuts on CBS-TV
1974 - The famous July 4th scene from the Steven Spielberg movie, "Jaws", was filmed. A crowd of 400 screaming, scared, panic-stricken extras in bathing suits ran from the water, over and over and over again, until the scene was perfect.

Word of the Day:
macabre \muh-KAH-bruh\ , adjective;
1. Gruesome and horrifying.

Today is:
National Ice Cream Soda Day
Meteor Day
London Bridge Day
Pay Toilet Day
Special Recreation Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 04:40 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
We're going to see my mother this weekend, I had to take Monday off.
My hair is parted on the left side, it's straight as a board, wish I had some natural curl.
I paid $700 to have my cats teeth cleans
Never heard of a pay toilet.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,449,708 times
Default Crazy things I do for my pet(s)

Three dogs here call us Momma and Dad. Not sure what exactly constitutes the craziest thing we do for THE Boys, but they are more like children than pets.

We seldom go any place that they don't go with us. The hospital was an exception, but I'll be darned if one of the nurses didn't tell me they'd have let Toto in to see his Momma. Of the three, the little Cairn, Toto, is mine. I went to Savannah to pick him up from his foster Mom this past Halloween, and I can't wait to dress up as the Wicked Witch of the West, put Toto in my arms, and screech at the trick-or-treaters, "See? I got your little dog, too!" this Halloween.

I am always the WW of the West. Have a great cackle, and a witch's nose.

Maxx, the Weimaraner, is MR Rdslots's dog, and he is the most mature dog I have ever seen. He is very much the dog-in-charge, not in aggression, but in trustworthiness and being a big brother to the other two. He doesn't know what to make of Toto, but is very attached to the 19-year-old JRT, Cosmos, and I swear, looks out for the little old man as we call him. Maxx has the run-of-the-house at night, after light's out!, and he has come upstairs to let us know if/when things are not right with the world. He NEVER barks unless something is really out-of-kilter, so if we hear him, we can trust something is wrong.

He came up one night and would not let us rest until he got us to come down and let the old man back into the house. We had, somehow in the confusion of letting dogs in-and-out, turning off lights, and locking doors, inadvertently left Cosmos on the back patio. If another dog approaches Cosmos, Maxx puts himself between them.

Talking about the three of them, I guess the craziest thing I've done is adopt the third one. We had been led to believe Cosmos would not be with us much longer -- this, a year ago now! -- when he suffered a stroke last Spring. I was truly worried Maxx would grieve over the loss of his little buddy, and I knew I would, so . . . enter: Toto.

I have told MR Rdslots, and Rdslots JR, both, that I can write the ending to this story. Maxx will pass away at a ripe, old age, as will my beloved little Toto, and there will be Cosmos, sitting btween the two markers, grinning from ear-to-ear, as if to say, who'd ya think wouldn't be with us much longer? I can just hear that hee-hee-hee of the cartoon dog whose name escapes me. Cosmos is just that hard-headed of a little Jack Russell terrier.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:51 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,612,432 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ? Dog shows and house painting!!

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ?

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ? No

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that could of had you singing "I've had the time of my life" ?

Lets talk about our hair

Part:
Center
Side
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ?

Do you wish it was:
Longer ?
Shorter ?
Straighter ?
Curlier ?
A different color ?
There ?

Just for Fun:

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ? too many I'm sure. But can't think of anything

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ? Me

Did you ever sneak under the door when you didn't have change ? no
or
Make a sibling slide under ? no

Old 06-30-2010, 08:06 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ? Me! Yippee!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
You Yippee? Me Magnum Mike...
You Magnum Mike? No, you Tarzan. Me Jane!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:25 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have any special plans for this weekend the 4th of July ? Company Saturday. Considering we had a houseful last weekend it's maybe too soon...

Since the 4th is on Sunday how many of our QOTD family have Monday off ? Every Monday here!

Bonus Question:

Have you ever used your cell phone to report an erratic driver ? Yes. Idiot on the freeway in a pickup with two children.

Extra Credit Question:

What was the last thing that could of had you singing "I've had the time of my life" ? Last weekend with company!

Lets talk about our hair

Part:
Center
Side
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ?

Do you wish it was:
Longer ?
Shorter ?
Straighter ?
Curlier ?
A different color ?
There ?

Just for Fun:

What is the funniest,most unusual or "others may think it is crazy" thing you have done for your pets ?

How many of our QOTD family remember "pay toilets" ?

Did you ever sneak under the door when you didn't have change ?
or
Make a sibling slide under ?

Today in History:
1859 - Charles Blondin is 1st to cross Niagara Falls on a tightrope
1893 - Excelsior diamond (blue-white 995 carats) discovered
1894 - London Tower Bridge opens
1936 - Margaret Mitchell’s book, "Gone with the Wind", was published in New York City.
1953 - The first Corvette rolled off the Chevrolet assembly line in Flint, MI. That early ’Vette sold for $3,250. - wow a restored one sold for $1million
1955 - "Johnny Carson Show," debuts on CBS-TV
1974 - The famous July 4th scene from the Steven Spielberg movie, "Jaws", was filmed. A crowd of 400 screaming, scared, panic-stricken extras in bathing suits ran from the water, over and over and over again, until the scene was perfect.

Word of the Day:
macabre \muh-KAH-bruh\ , adjective;
1. Gruesome and horrifying.

Today is:
National Ice Cream Soda Day
Meteor Day
London Bridge Day
Pay Toilet Day
Special Recreation Day

Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Quote:

Lets talk about our hair - LOL.. That should be a very short conversation, since I don't have any hair to talk about.. - I know a lot of you have seen this picture before, but for those who haven't, here it is.. when I used to have a little more hair.. - This was taken in November of 1983... and no this was not a mug shot..

Part:
Center
Side
No part ?

Bangs or no bangs ? - LOL.. the only bangs I have right now is the Bang-up job the hair genes did on my hair line!

Do you wish it was:
Longer ?
Shorter ?
Straighter ?
Curlier ?
A different color ?
There ?
I'm happy with it just the way it is.
Another Magnum Mike pic!!! It's not bad.

But tell us though... why did you and Darryl Hall break up the band? I really liked your songs like Sara Smile and She's Gone.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:54 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
LOL... Me no have tree to swing on.. and Cheetah not too happy, he don't have girlfriend..

Old 06-30-2010, 11:01 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Another Magnum Mike pic!!! It's not bad.

But tell us though... why did you and Darryl Hall break up the band? I really liked your songs like Sara Smile and She's Gone.
LOL...I just googled Hall and Mike is a dead ringer...only difference is Darryl has hair

Old 07-01-2010, 05:36 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Quote:
LOL... Me no have tree to swing on.. and Cheetah not too happy, he don't have girlfriend..
Poor Cheetah! ROTFLOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics