Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one do you hate the most? Deer, Raccoon or Skunk?
Deer 2 16.67%
Raccoon 2 16.67%
Skunk 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 06:17 AM

16,881 posts, read 15,997,735 times

Advertisements

I love and protect them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 06:39 AM

51,696 posts, read 15,628,713 times
I don't HATE any of them. They have just as much right to be here as we do.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:14 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,275,117 times
None from that list.

I love seeing all of those animals on my property but I don't want to get close to the skunks

I have had personal problems with 4 animals on my property. Two are domestic.....cats and dogs because their owners don't take care of them. I hate finding dog presents on my property. I have also had problems with beavers. As cute as they are, when they dam the creek they flood my property. And Geese...now they are the worst and most disgusting culprits. We had over 60 on our property at one time. It's like walking through a mine field. They are disgusting and the damage and pollution that they do to ponds is awful...yuck!!!

Last edited by ylisa7; 08-20-2010 at 08:39 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 07:26 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,013,414 times
Don't have problems here but in Colorado used to have the racoons get into the bird feeders - found out there was another use for one of those super-sized squirt guns (or whatever they're called). Spayed the heck out of them with water until they got a clue to move along.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:43 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,275,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Don't have problems here but in Colorado used to have the racoons get into the bird feeders - found out there was another use for one of those super-sized squirt guns (or whatever they're called). Spayed the heck out of them with water until they got a clue to move along.
Bazooka water guns We have to shoot our bull in the butt with a BB gun when he tries to eat "through" our fence. It doesn't hurt him but he sure doesn't like it, lol.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,147,140 times
SKUNKS!!! No contest. Their odor is disgusting. A couple of years ago a skunk got into the crawl space under the house and sprayed. EWWWWWWW!!! The odor lingered for months.....everything in the house smelled skunky, even my clothes.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:35 AM

483 posts, read 850,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I just can't bring myself to hate ANY animal..........I find it very easy to hate some people though.
I agree for the most part except vermins of any kind can go to mars for all I care and burn to death. Give me animals any day over the week over humans and I'll be a happy camper.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:50 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,867,688 times
All I really dislike are mice, rats and squirrels.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:48 AM

19,290 posts, read 9,388,430 times
I don't hate any of them, per se. I wish those deer would learn to cross in the areas they're supposed to be in (guess they didn't get that memo tho). The driving experience, especially in the Fall season, is much more heightened and slightly stressful when you can't see as well as you'd like because it's dark. You never know when one of those deer type creatures is going to run out in front or be standing on the road as you're coming around the corner on those winding, back roads. I suppose considering the possible damage that can occur with a deer encounter behind the wheel of a car, is the part that can be stressful and I wouldn't want to hit one, if I can avoid it but sometimes that's part and parcel of being a driver.

Raccoons, I've seen them but not up close and personal like some of the other people on C-D have. Skunks... ewww. I've got 2 dogs and so far we've never had an encounter. I know... tomato bath, just the idea of having to smell it.
It's bad enough when someone else hits one on the road and you haven't even come within a mile of it and already you've succombed to the unGAStly reminder.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:54 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,491,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
SKUNKS!!! No contest. Their odor is disgusting. A couple of years ago a skunk got into the crawl space under the house and sprayed. EWWWWWWW!!! The odor lingered for months.....everything in the house smelled skunky, even my clothes.
Sorry to hear about that....don't know what I'd rather have, a car hit by a deer or a house sprayed by a skunk....however....
did PETA get on this thread? Lighten up, some of you people.....
Raccons will hiss and threaten you, but chances of getting bit are slim to none.....however, to those that say "I can't hate an animal"....when you have a car totaled by a dumb deer or your house or pet sprayed by a skunk, get back to me.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics