Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 07:37 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times

Advertisements

First EM thanks for contributing so much to Peeve of the Day. You stepped in at a difficult time and I know Judi appreciated you taking over the helm.

OK before I start crying - today's peeve.

I posted this over on the stress and venting thread yesterday and won't write a novel here, but people who drive like ing lunatics in residential neighborhoods. Saw some maniac hit a dog and just keep driving - guy was driving way too fast, we have a school up here and everyone who lives in the neighborhood knows there are always kids, dogs, cats, chickens, an older man who rides his horse to town - even a cow now and then crossing the road.

After work I spoke with my neighbor Maritza about talking to the corredoria (kind of like an administrator/representative for small towns) about how there needed to be speed limit signs and transito (people in charge of traffic violations) needed to crack down on people racing down the hill. Bad enough that poor dog got hit, but it could have been one of the many children who play ball in the street or just dart out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 08:07 AM

560 posts, read 915,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Good morning and happy Saturday to everyone.

Trying to think of a great peeve for my last day but the ole' brain ain't working.

What I did come up with is people who don't obey traffic laws....drivers and pedestrians.

Been a pleasure and I will continue to vent my peeves with SuncoastGuy.

So lets hear your peeve on these idiots who think they can get away with putting everyones life in danger.
It's gotten to the point that I just expect the idiots to be on the road whenever I go out. I've been tempted to make up a bunch of flash cards to show other drivers..."didn't that Mercedes come with turn signals?"; "please get off the phone and watch where you're driving"; "You are going way too fast (slow)"; "Are you in labor?";"Use caution, I am a recovering road-rager";...I'm sure my fellow peevers can add a few, too.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:20 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Now, if I throw stones on this one, I might hit myself... All I got to say is be in the crosswalk and show some respect by getting ur sass across fast if u see me coming

Old 08-21-2010, 08:37 AM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
It's gotten to the point that I just expect the idiots to be on the road whenever I go out. I've been tempted to make up a bunch of flash cards to show other drivers..."didn't that Mercedes come with turn signals?"; "please get off the phone and watch where you're driving"; "You are going way too fast (slow)"; "Are you in labor?";"Use caution, I am a recovering road-rager";...I'm sure my fellow peevers can add a few, too.
Yeah I got one "honk that horn at me one more time and I will feed it to you"

Old 08-21-2010, 08:47 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Just love those drivers...speed limit is 45...25 MUST be better...and just to mom and pop everyone else, they will drive in the left hand lane. And wait, now here comes Speed Racer up the right hand lane...and he can't quite get around the snail in front of me, so he attempts to slide his car in the space in front of me that is 1/2 the length of his car....and then slam on the brakes.
Don't even get me started!

Old 08-21-2010, 08:54 AM

4,583 posts, read 4,272,147 times
This is my biggest peeve. When I'm walking drivers will cross onto the walk lane and force me to go around their car, sometimes having to go onto the side where the traffic is moving. That must have been one of the questions they missed on their driving test. It happens more often than not here, and sometimes, just sometimes a driver will back up and let me pass.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:57 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Judges who are lenient with drivers who have had prior arrest for drunk driving, accidents, and continue to drive when their license was revoked. Yeah,,, last week the judge was again lenient with a woman who has over four charges of drunk driving and also had her license revoked and she was caught driving drunk “again”.

The judge gave her a three hundred dollar fine and told her not do drive anymore.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:10 AM

36,411 posts, read 16,020,348 times
This is a good one EM!

Okay watch this lil old lady who can't see over the steering wheel, going 25 in a 55 and pulls in front of you without looking.

I really just expect them so I look for them.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:32 AM

27,335 posts, read 27,387,014 times
I found it quite amusing how people would flip me off while I was driving truck. Not because I was doing anything wrong but because Im doing the speed limit. (Do you know how much a speeding ticket costs in a commercial truck??) Strange thing is, I found some of those people on the side of the freeway a little further down, either getting ticketed or even on a few occaisions, rolled over upside down because they took the curve too fast. Back in Az there was an area where someone always seemed to be upside down on that stretch of the freeway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics