Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 10:38 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

*****to clear up the confusion *****

Today's Question(s):

When you go out to eat, would you consider yourself a

Easy to please diner ?
or a
Pull up a chair this may take awhile order-er ?

If you or someone in your party is the 2nd one do you tip more ?

there seems to be a bit of confusion with this part of the question

What I was asking is

If you or another in your group is a "pain in the butt" with ordering (you know kinda like me the selective eater) do you give a bigger tip to make up for it

ok back to our regularly scheduled
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 10:42 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Today's Question(s):

Easy to please diner
or a

If you or someone in your party is the 2nd one do you tip more ? I always tip generously if the service is good no matter how many are in the party.

Extra Credit Question:
Speaking of tipping

What was the last thing you "tipped over" ? A glass of tea

Bonus Question:

Last thing you paid a delivery fee for ? Item ordered over the internet

Inquiring Minds Question:

What are your Labor Day plans ? Relax and cook on the grill

Just for Fun:

What do you call:

The shiny silver stuff that comes out of the skinny box ? Aluminum foil
The clear film wrap that does the same thing ? Saran Wrap
The carbonated beverage(not beer) that comes in a can or bottle ? Soda

Do any of our QOTD family still have any 33 1/3 albums hangin around their home ? I don't have any. I remember having a Winnie the Pooh record player and when you played a record, all the characters (Tiger, Egor, Piglett, Pooh) danced around. It was the custest record player ever. I wish I still had it today.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:43 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
I'm pretty easy when it comes to food. Actually my preference is more family oriented, down home hospitable staff, not get-in-and -get-out type of places.
I paid shipping charge for my new dual time watch.
I didn't even know there was any holiday coming up because I'm working all next week.
Anyone wanna listen to my collection of 33s??

Old 08-31-2010, 10:44 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,450,251 times
[quote=KwaK;15697505]Good Happy Tuesday Everybody!!
Today's Question(s):

Easy to please diner ?

If you or someone in your party is the 2nd one do you tip more ? I usually tip 20-25% depending on the type of restaurant and the level of service. After being the GM of restaurants, I know the difficulty of dealing with the public and being on your feet for long hours. It's a tough job.

Extra Credit Question:
Speaking of tipping

What was the last thing you "tipped over" ? The side leg of the coffee table about a half an hour ago. LOL

Bonus Question:

Last thing you paid a delivery fee for ? My dinner delivery last night!

What are your Labor Day plans ? Hurricane Earl seems to be making my plans for me!!!

Just for Fun:

What do you call:

The shiny silver stuff that comes out of the skinny box ? aluminum or tin foil
The clear film wrap that does the same thing ? Saran Wrap OR Press 'n Seal (which I LOVE!!!)
The carbonated beverage(not beer) that comes in a can or bottle ? The only carbonated beverage I buy and use is Tonic Water for my gin!!

Do any of our QOTD family still have any 33 1/3 albums hangin around their home ? No, but they are fun to paint on!!!

Today is:
National Trail Mix Day
Eat Outside Day
Love Litigating Lawyers Day
Superman Day
33 1/3 album Day
Nuts & Bolts Day
].

Old 08-31-2010, 10:49 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times
Hello All! Happy Tuesday! DARN hot here today in SW Ohio; will cool off to "comfortable" for the weekend sez the weather folks.

Today's Question(s):

Easy to please diner ? Pretty much. but then the mrs. and I go to good places.
or a

Guess I'm tired; don't get this one. (I'll probably get it as sson as I get into bed...

Extra Credit Question:
Speaking of tipping

What was the last thing you "tipped over" ? Dumped a coffee cup hile Lord Byron and I were sparring. Fortunately, the coffee mug was closed and there was no real spillage.

Bonus Question:

Last thing you paid a delivery fee for ? Probably a Teacher's Discovery order for Mrs. CC.

What are your Labor Day plans ? Work 2 of the three daze...

Just for Fun:

What do you call:

The shiny silver stuff that comes out of the skinny box ? Aluminum foil
The clear film wrap that does the same thing ? %$#@! plastic wrap; because it doesn't stick to anything but itself...
The carbonated beverage(not beer) that comes in a can or bottle ?a "Coke" or "soda"

Do any of our QOTD family still have any 33 1/3 albums hangin around their home ? You betcha; probably 300 or so! I even have one of those Peaches Records boxes filled with 45 rpm records!

Today in History:
1842 - Micah Rugg patents a nuts and bolts machine Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes a bolt...
1852 - The United States Congress passed legislation creating the first prestamped envelopes.
1935 - 1st national skeet championship (Indianapolis)
1939 - Frank Sinatra recorded "All or Nothing at All" with the Harry James Band. - lol I have this record
1942 - It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s Superman! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound ... the caped crusader started on network radio on the Mutual Broadcasting System.
1951 - 1st 33 1/3 album introduced in Dusseldorf, Germany
1971 - Dave Scott becomes 1st person to drive a car on Moon. And getting a ticket was never on his mind!

Word of the Day:
beek \ BEEK \ , verb;
1. To bask or warm in the sunshine or before a fire.
2. (for wood) to season by exposure to heat.

Today is:
National Trail Mix Day
Eat Outside Day We try to every day we can!
Love Litigating Lawyers Day "Dewey, Cheatham & Howe is STILL my favorite law firm!
Superman Day
33 1/3 album Day Say ya want a revolution? Look no further than your turntable!
Nuts & Bolts Day

Time to go to work Been there, done that. Hope yours is a great workday, Karla (and everyone else that applies to!)
Have a great day everyone

Thanks for clarifying the tipping question, Karla! Yes, I do tip more if I'm with someone who gest stupid. Or with my friend that believes $3 is a good tip no matter what...

Old 08-31-2010, 10:53 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,252,328 times
Today's Question(s):

Easy to please diner ?
No. But mainly because I expect better of the food I sometimes receive. Regardless, I am always kind about it, because it is not the server's fault. The worse I have given out was very recently, when I ordered a chicken salad. That thing had no saving graces whatsoever! NOTHING! It came with the dressing already on it, and the dressing tasted like a bad cole slaw dressing. The chicken was half-coated in some kind of seasoning that was completely ridiculous. The whole meal tasted like a five-year-old's first attempt at cooking without help. Seriously! I told the waiter that the recipe was so bad that it should not be categorized as a recipe. We know him well, and he hears volumes of compliments from me, or I would not have been so blunt.
or a
No

I tip 20% unless something is extraordinary

Extra Credit Question:
Speaking of tipping

What was the last thing you "tipped over" ?
The box fan, in complete darkness, as I was going back to check the raccoon humane trap.

Bonus Question:

Last thing you paid a delivery fee for ?
books

What are your Labor Day plans ?
camping

Just for Fun:

What do you call:

The shiny silver stuff that comes out of the skinny box ?
Jewelry!!!

Aluminum

The clear film wrap that does the same thing ?
plastic wrap
The carbonated beverage(not beer) that comes in a can or bottle ?
pop

Do any of our QOTD family still have any 33 1/3 albums hangin around their home ?
Yup! and 8-tracks, cassette tapes (both sizes). We don't have any reel-to-reels, though.

Today in History:

1842 - Micah Rugg patents a nuts and bolts machine
1852 - The United States Congress passed legislation creating the first prestamped envelopes.
1935 - 1st national skeet championship (Indianapolis)
1939 - Frank Sinatra recorded "All or Nothing at All" with the Harry James Band. - lol I have this record
1942 - It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s Superman! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound ... the caped crusader started on network radio on the Mutual Broadcasting System.
1951 - 1st 33 1/3 album introduced in Dusseldorf
1971 - Dave Scott becomes 1st person to drive a car on Moon [/b]I forgot that!

Word of the Day:

beek \ BEEK \ , verb;
1. To bask or warm in the sunshine or before a fire.
2. (for wood) to season by exposure to heat.

Today is:
National Trail Mix Day
Eat Outside Day
Love Litigating Lawyers Day
Superman Day
33 1/3 album Day
Nuts & Bolts Day

Time to go to work
Have a great day everyone

Thank you![b]

Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
When I go out to eat I am semi-demanding/particular. I want what I want, like I order it and I base the tip on the service I receive. I am friendly though. Quite often I take the high road where tipping is concerned. The last thing I tipped over was coffee. I paid to have a pizza to be delivered to a kid not too long ago. I plan to breathe in and out for Labor Day, maybe nurse by broken-heart by seeing what I can do for somebody else. I don't have a clue about the Just for Fun questions, so I will skip 'em. I hope everyone is getting along right nicely... Peace and Love aLLyaLL

Old 08-31-2010, 11:23 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
I am a very picky eater and it may take me while.
I am planning to spend quality time with my husband on Labor day.
Foil
Plastic wrap
Coke, everything's coke in Texas

Old 08-31-2010, 11:24 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,914,217 times
Hello all! Here we are... another months end! Time flies!!!

Today's Question(s):

Easy to please diner ? I am very easy to please.
or a

If you or someone in your party is the 2nd one do you tip more ? I'll leave a little more on the table as we leave.

Extra Credit Question:
Speaking of tipping

What was the last thing you "tipped over" ?
My motorcycle helmet off the shelf I keep it on in my garage. Had to make a near-diving catch to save it from the concrete!

Bonus Question:

Last thing you paid a delivery fee for ?
Delivery from a food place that we're outside their normal delivery boundary.

What are your Labor Day plans ?
Chillin' & grillin'

Just for Fun:

What do you call:

The shiny silver stuff that comes out of the skinny box ? Reynolds wrapThe clear film wrap that does the same thing ? Saran wrapThe carbonated beverage(not beer) that comes in a can or bottle ? Soda

Do any of our QOTD family still have any 33 1/3 albums hangin around their home ? We have a box full of LP's that we move with us from house to house. Those things are HEAVY!

Today is:
National Trail Mix Day Is that like when I'm out in the moutains and I turn the hiking trail signs to the other direction? (j/k of course)
Eat Outside Day If I come home late for dinner again tonight, it will be eat outside day for me too!
Love Litigating Lawyers Day Love to see them go away!
Superman Day Look.. up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...
33 1/3 album Day Ah yes, the meat of the album cover art sandwich.
Nuts & Bolts Day And brass tacks, etc

Old 08-31-2010, 11:31 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,028,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
*****to clear up the confusion *****

If you or another in your group is a "pain in the butt" with ordering (you know kinda like me the selective eater) do you give a bigger tip to make up for it

ok back to our regularly scheduled
Okay I got it now, the answer is no for me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics