Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:20 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,335,832 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

When you are planning a vacation or flight, do you book online or directly with the vacation place or airline?

When we're planning our vacation in Door County, I call the B&B where we stay and talk directly to the hosts to make the reservation. They've become friends during the years that we've stayed there, and I enjoy having a chance to chat and catch up a little.

If we have to fly anywhere (a fate that I try to avoid if at all possible), I do usually make the airline reservations online. Depending on the destination, sometimes I'll also make hotel reservations online as well.

Bonus Question:

Do you remember your dreams?

Very seldom, and only fragments and bits if I remember anything.

If so have you ever dreamed about something that happened the day(s) before?

Not that I know of, but when you only remember one or two fleeting instants out of a dream, it's kind of hard to place the context and origin.

Inquiring Minds Question:

Whats your favorite thing about the Month of September?

Oh, that's a hard question, Karla! September is one of the months I love the most, and it's nearly impossible to name just ONE favorite thing about it.

I love the transition from sticky, steamy August to cool, crisp September days. I love the intensely blue skies we get in the Midwest at this time of year. I love the first glimpses of leaves changing color. I love the transition at the Farmers' Market from berries and stone fruit and green beans and corn to apples and pumpkins and sturdy squashes and nuts. Even the waning daylight and the lengthening nights appeal to me.

And then of course, there's always the fact that we go on vacation in September, too - after a typical summer marathon of 10-12 hour days, the approach of vacation feels like the approach of a prisoner's release date. Even though I take my work laptop with me and check in once a day, it's still a wonderful break.

Extra Credit Question:

How many folks in your life have mustaches or beards?

My spouse does, and our daughter's boyfriend does. My spouse's brother-in-law has a mustache (or did the last time we saw him), and so does my boss. And there is a fair number of people we know through the convention who have facial hair as well.

How many of our QOTD family have mustaches or beards?

Now, look, I know I've got a chin-hair or two, but it's not to the point where you could call it a beard!

Just for Fun:

Are you able to fall asleep if you're a passenger in/on a:
Car?
Plane?
Train?
Bus?

If I'm tired enough, I can fall asleep anywhere. And by this point in the year, I'm tired enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
I book on line.
Some dreams I remember.
My favorite thing about September is that it as least "sounds" cooler even though it's still real HOT here
No breads or mustaches
I have enough trouble falling asleep in the bed

Old 09-01-2010, 07:09 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Extra Credit Question:

How many folks in your life have mustaches or beards ?
Well, they tried to set me up with a gal one time, and when I went to her house and picked her up, I noticed that she had a mustache, so that was a red flag and a turn off for me... and I never saw her again.. - Okay, you all know that I'm only kidding, I never met a woman with a mustache, and I hope I never do! But many of my associates at the office (they're men of course) have mustaches.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulips4you2 View Post
Today's Question(s):

Whats your favorite thing about the Month of September ?

My daughter's birthday is the 8th.
So is mine!
I always hated the years when my birthday fell on the first day of school though.
Amongst my family and friends there seem to be a lot of September birthdays (the rest are all in November).

Old 09-01-2010, 11:39 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Had to work this morning
So todays question is under construction

Sit tight it will be here shortly

Today we welcome September !!!

Today's Question(s):

When you are planning a vacation or flight, do you book online or directly with the vacation place or airline ?

Bonus Question:

Do you remember your dreams ? Yes, I do..
In vivid colour, smells, sounds, feelings, all present in most....
If so have you ever dreamed about something that happened the day(s) before ? Yes, I have

Whats your favorite thing about the Month of September ? Sometimes watching migrating birds and butterflys winging their way south. Of course the cooler weather helps. As does the fall colours.

Extra Credit Question:

How many folks in your life have mustaches or beards ? DH, 1 son, 1 stepson,

How many of our QOTD family have mustaches or beards ? Me??? Oh, Only if I forget to shave!!!lol...

Just for Fun:

Are you able to fall asleep if your a passenger in/on a:
Car ? No, I want to drive....
Plane ? Not very well, I want to drive, oopppps,
Train ? Yes.
Bus ? Haven't been on one in many years.

Today in History:

1689 - Russia began taxing men's beards
1752 - Liberty Bell arrives in Philadelphia
1859 - 1st Pullman sleeping car in service
1962 - U.N. announces Earth population has hit 3 billion (estimate, for mid-year 2009, is 6,790,062,216).

Word of the Day:
anacoluthia \ an-uh-kuh-LOO-thee-uh \ , noun;
1. Lack of grammatical sequence or coherence, esp. in a sentence.

September is:

Better Breakfast Month
National Biscuit Month
Read-A-New-Book Month......I am, thank you.
National Coupon Month
Pink Flamingo Month...I had 2 of them....but they flew off

Today is:

National Biscuit Day
Mary Had A Little Lamb Day
American Chess Day
Pink Cadillac Day
Emma M. Nutt Day (1st female telephone operator )
National Hummingbird Day Love these little jewels

Hello to Karla and all.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:54 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,461,785 times
When you are planning a vacation or flight, do you book online or directly with the vacation place or airline ? Depends. Sometimes online, other times directly over the phone.

Do you remember your dreams ? Sometimes, but not often unless they are either scary or sexy.

If so have you ever dreamed about something that happened the day(s) before ? About a month ago I had a dream I needed my husband but couldn't dial his number in my phone. I kept trying but the numbers wouldn't appear on my cell screen. Then, I tried dialing 911 and when the dispatcher answered I couldn't speak. I woke up scared and upset. Very weird dream.

Whats your favorite thing about the Month of September ? The coolness in the morning air.

How many folks in your life have mustaches or beards ? My hubby has a mustache (always has as long as I've known him) and a goatee....he keeps it short and neatly trimmed. I HATE those long goatees that hang off a mans chin. Ick! Offhand he's the only man I can think of. All the other men I know are clean shaven.

How many of our QOTD family have mustaches or beards ? Not me!

Are you able to fall asleep if your a passenger in/on a:
Car ? Yes, depending who is driving...lol
Plane ? Yep.
Train ? I don't ride the train.
Bus ? I don't ride the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics