U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-04-2010, 06:18 AM

10,452 posts, read 4,966,788 times
Amen. I can't stand when I can't feel whether or not I pressed the button, especially since I can't hear the beep or see the numbers displaying that usually accompanies pressing the button. Sometimes I end up pushing the time only to hit the refresh button six times before I decide I'll just trust that I put my food in the microwave for 1:00 and not 10:00. But then I have to stand there and make sure it stops after a minute and doesn't go on for the next nine!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 06:22 AM

10,452 posts, read 4,966,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Thankyou for calling, your call is important to us, for training purposes only your call may be monitored, Press 1 for English, press 2 for directions, press 3 for hours, press 4 for dept, press 5 for Joe, press 6 for Sally, press 7 for Nancy, press 8 for Harry, press 9 to talk to receptionist....please hold, all lines are busy, press 10 if you want a call back, press 11 if this is really important, if this is an emergency hang up and dial 911, press 12 if you're tired of these #@%&$* prompts...
How about doctor's offices that go on for about 10 minutes about emergency information before finally even giving you any of the options to connect to the office phone number? Don't you think if someone was bleeding out of their skull, they'd have the sense to call 9-1-1? No, I think I'm going to call my GP instead!

Old 09-04-2010, 06:34 AM

3,508 posts, read 3,302,668 times
I'm sending the PETA people.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:37 AM

11,818 posts, read 5,131,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Thankyou for calling, your call is important to us, for training purposes only your call may be monitored, Press 1 for English, press 2 for directions, press 3 for hours, press 4 for dept, press 5 for Joe, press 6 for Sally, press 7 for Nancy, press 8 for Harry, press 9 to talk to receptionist....please hold, all lines are busy, press 10 if you want a call back, press 11 if this is really important, if this is an emergency hang up and dial 911, press 12 if you're tired of these #@%&$* prompts...
Now - take this a step further and have all the options, including the one to select English LOL be in Spanish Thank God I know enough that I can pick the right one (for English), but after that I'm frickin' lost. Of course I've had to call my internet provider so many times I know the sequence by memory.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:17 AM

15,457 posts, read 7,265,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Today's Peeve is ......
[color=DarkRed][b]... Hope they aren't using these iffy, pathetic things in our missile silos!! What do you think ?? Feel the same way?
Hate to say it but I think they are

Happy Labor day weekend peevers

Old 09-04-2010, 10:06 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,677,807 times
I don't like those push pad things, but I really really really hate the computer that wants me to talk to it. The slightest bump in the background and...."I'm sorry, I didn't understand." Despite my efforts of speaking a very clear NOOOOO or YEEEESSSS, it doesn't seem to matter. 20 minutes and lots of swear words later, a real person finally comes on.

I guess I'll take mushing the touch pads over that. Or the real mouse. I've never tried that before.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:59 PM

4,487 posts, read 2,169,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
I'm sending the PETA people.
Well, we are gonna BBQ this afternoon.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:10 PM

96,841 posts, read 23,260,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Well, we are gonna BBQ this afternoon.
I'm BBQ-ing as we speak!!

Old 09-04-2010, 01:21 PM

23,316 posts, read 14,938,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Today's Peeve is ......
Touch pad controls. Those miserable little alphabetical or numerical push buttons. On the wireless phone or cell phone or Microwave. You hit the button did it work or didn't it?? Mamsy Pamsy crap! I like a real switch with a click or clunk a positive action. One you can be sure of. Snap not mush..... Hope they aren't using these iffy, pathetic things in our missile silos!! What do you think ?? Feel the same way?
How about those elevator buttons,,,,, you push one for a floor and nothing happens, it did NOT light up. You push a few others and “nothing”. so the door opens again and another passenger enters ,,,, they push the button for a floor and it works. It lights up and you moving. They get off, and you push your button again for your floor,,, again nothing happens, nothing lights up. You push them all and the whole board lights up light the forth of July. You moving now,,,, you get to stop on every floor in the building. Eventually you’re at the ground floor again and you see someone there who you thought should know about the problem. You tell them and they say,,,, “oh yeah ! The light on that floor button has NEVER worked.”

Old 09-04-2010, 01:41 PM

15,916 posts, read 4,420,381 times
Clappers should be built in to any and all appliance!!!

Clap on.....................

Clap off...............................................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics