Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:25 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times

Advertisements

Are you or is anyone you know always late for everything. My question is why? Is it caused by poor time management skills, a complete disregard for other people's time or a combination of both.
Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 02:43 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,512,606 times
This question could be in the peevers thread. I abhor lateness of any kind. I am never late and I just do not understand why other people are continually late to everything. In fact I get nervous if I don't get somewhere at least 15-20 minutes early. In all 20+ yrs in the workforce and i am not done yet I have never been late to work. To answer your question I think it is a combination of both. I think that late people are selfish unless there is a very good reason and i mean a GOOD reason for being late there is no excuse good enough.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:00 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,334,293 times
I could have put it in the peeves section but lately this is irritating me to no end. I have been married for 9 years and my husband is always late for everything. I tell him to take a shower so we can go out and he just sits there and 1 hr later he decides to take a shower. I told him I needed to leave at 1:00 and becasue of him we didn't leave until 1:45. Nothing I have said or done has any effect on him being late all the time. It is so frustrating!!!!!

Old 09-04-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I could have put it in the peeves section but lately this is irritating me to no end. I have been married for 9 years and my husband is always late for everything. I tell him to take a shower so we can go out and he just sits there and 1 hr later he decides to take a shower. I told him I needed to leave at 1:00 and becasue of him we didn't leave until 1:45. Nothing I have said or done has any effect on him being late all the time. It is so frustrating!!!!!
I read some where that this can be considered a control thing.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:12 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Stop taking him with you. Tell him to find his own ride. Or drive his self. Meet you later, kind of thing. And HEY... I'm a 40 year old man. My wife is sitting here in full and utter agreement.

That's just inconsiderate. Rude. Husband or not. WOW.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:14 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
My loving wife was born in Germany where promptness is mandatory. Early in our relationship, she learned that Americans take seriously the term "fashionably late". She quickly stopped having the meal ready promptly at 6 when she invited our American friends over for that time. But we still both value promptness to this day.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I'm usually late. I am not intentionally trying to P.O. people. I think it's a bit of O.C.D. Laziness and procrastination. I think it's a control thing. Also if I really want to go somewhere I will make up a time for myself to be on time. Friends will lie to me the time that I need to be there.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:28 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
My wife used to be always on time, then one day she exclaimed "I'm late", and the rest is history, twins.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:29 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookey View Post
This question could be in the peevers thread. I abhor lateness of any kind. I am never late and I just do not understand why other people are continually late to everything. In fact I get nervous if I don't get somewhere at least 15-20 minutes early. In all 20+ yrs in the workforce and i am not done yet I have never been late to work. To answer your question I think it is a combination of both. I think that late people are selfish unless there is a very good reason and i mean a GOOD reason for being late there is no excuse good enough.
People of respect are not late often. When they are, they call to let whomever know. There are reasons for being late. Anything to do with vehicle trouble. Any real emergency. (life and death - animals count) Migraines. Illness. There are reasons. But definitely NO EXCUSES.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
People of respect are not late often. When they are, they call to let whomever know. There are reasons for being late. Anything to do with vehicle trouble. Any real emergency. (life and death - animals count) Migraines. Illness. There are reasons. But definitely NO EXCUSES.
I agree I can understand a reason such as those you mentioned but the excuses just amaze me. Last week a friend and i were to be downtown by no later than 1pm. Due to road construction, parking etc. I wanted to leave my house which was a good distance from downtown at no later than 11:45 am yeah I know that is early but to be there prior to the appointment etc I wanted to give us pleanty of time. Well at exactly 11:45 she calls me and tells me she will be at my house shortly she was just then drying her hair. This is an example of downright inconsideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics