U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 05:21 PM

14,874 posts, read 21,811,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
This thread reminds me A.) I'm glad I don't work anymore and B.) Why I tend to like animals more than people.
Speaking of animals. Something we noticed way back then in the bank drive-thru's. People are like cattle. They literally follow each other all into the same lanes. There could be 4 lanes totally empty that are open but oh no they are ALL going to line up single file in the other lanes and wait forever then complain because it took so long.

At my first bank that I worked at that was so much fun we used to play a game on the customers and they never knew it. We had 4 lanes for every two tellers (something unheard of as most have only 3 for 2 tellers). The bank had one exit for 8 lanes and another exit for the other 4 lanes. So we would hurry up and finish 8 transactions then send them all down at the same time then sit back and watch as all 8 people tried to exit at the same time. Bad I know but it was funny.

At this bank the entrance to the parking lot for employees was seperate from the other drives but there was a gate across the one for customers that was closed when the drive-thru was not open. Saturday mornings were always a treat as we would show up and the line could be out the drive and down the street w/ the customers blocking us from getting in. Many would literally refuse to move. Okay fine. I'll just go home and you can wait all day if you like. Or kindly move out of the way and we can get in and open up. Which would you prefer?

Yep, animals behave better than most humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 06:30 PM

67,404 posts, read 55,050,371 times
The reason I posted yesterday is because a customer decided to call me at home, which I am totally not ok with (because their account was negative and they couldnt by beer, yes seriously). Once I leave the bank it is my time. Lets just say I made it very very very clear they had best never call me at home again, and I put in a call to the phone company to have my name taken off the listing.

I, too, have had patients call me at home. And then one day, my DH approached our pharmacist in church to ask him a question. Afterward I said, "don't you think you could have handled that down at the pharmacy?" He said "I didn't think of that".

Old 07-03-2007, 09:49 PM

9,342 posts, read 15,627,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrenee View Post
Ok here goes. Why do people think that they need to be so rude to others?

I work in Banking and I truly believe if you work in Banking for any amount of time you will truly see the "BAD" side of people (not all, but most).
If you feel that it is most people- it is either time to work for a different bank or time for a vacation....... sounds like you are nearing burnout. Maybe it's time to change professions.... If you could do anything, what would you be doing?

Old 07-03-2007, 09:53 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,772,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
If you feel that it is most people- it is either time to work for a different bank or time for a vacation....... sounds like you are nearing burnout. Maybe it's time to change professions.... If you could do anything, what would you be doing?
I do feel this is most people, because that is the truth. Have you ever worked in a bank? If you have not then you can not know where I am coming from (Im sorry but that is also the truth). And if I could be doing anything I would be a Paramedic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics