U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-09-2010, 01:33 PM

21,278 posts, read 5,239,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Good Happy Tuesday Everybody!!

Extra Credit Question:

With the holidays approaching, are there any special recipes that you only make this time of year ? Yes

Bonus Question:

What kind of car would best describe your personality GMC Yukon Denali or a Suburban

and you drive a GMC pick up truck?

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing that had you "moue" ? No clue... I don't think I moue very often.

Inquiring minds Question:

Do we have any Scrapple fans among us ? I've never tried it, but I would if someone else was cooking it.

Today is:
National Scrapple Day
For those that don't know what scrapple is
Scrapple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parade Day
Louie Louie Day
National Farm Week
Neon Sign Day
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 03:58 PM

2,789 posts, read 2,556,986 times
Today's Question(s):
As I was reading yesterdays posts,quite a few of them brought up funny memories !!
Has this ever happened to you ? Yes...I had good memories thinking back
If so what was the "reminder" and if you want tell us your funny story ? I will later...lol

Extra Credit Question:
With the holidays approaching, are there any special recipes that you only make this time of year ? Dont celebrate holidays...But I am a very good cook.

Bonus Question:
What kind of car would best describe your personality ? Big lifted jeep...
and you drive a _Jeep_________ ?

Just for Fun:
What was the last thing that had you "moue" ?
My daughters fish soup she got from her mother inlaw

Do we have any Scrapple fans among us ? Never had it before..Im more into spanish and italian food..

Old 11-09-2010, 04:08 PM

25,085 posts, read 8,863,389 times
Happy hello all I am going to skip right down to the bonus- it's a great question. I think the Buick Lucerne with all the bells and whistles works for my personality cause its not overly fancy, but classy, has kick to it and under the hood it's all good riding. I am not a scrabble fan... And that's all for me today. I hope everyone has a lovely evening

Old 11-09-2010, 06:52 PM

5,954 posts, read 6,901,826 times
Hello to all in CD Land! I missed QOTD yesterday due to work commitments. So, I'll give it a go today; even though it's a little late...

Today's Question(s):

As I was reading yesterdays posts,quite a few of them brought up funny memories !!

Has this ever happened to you ?
I do find myself relating events to past experiences and having a chuckle.

If so what was the "reminder" and if you want tell us your funny story ?
I was in my car last night getting ready for a class. This includes playing rock tunes at an inappropriate volume to psyche myself up for the boring 2 hours ahead of me. A particular song from the 70's came on and it reminded me of some good times from my younger days when the same song played. (For fans of That 70's Show, think of the Circle.) Good times...good times...

Extra Credit Question:

With the holidays approaching, are there any special recipes that you only make this time of year ?
I like to make Apple and Pecan pies from scratch for the holidays.

Bonus Question:

What kind of car would best describe your personality ?
Wow, tough one. Probably a Heavy Duty pickup truck

and you drive a __We have several vehicles________ ?

Just for Fun:

A "deadline that was given to me at work. I was not happy at all about it!

Do we have any Scrapple fans among us ?
You betcha'!!! I like pork roll more though.

Today is:
National Scrapple Day
Parade Day
Louie Louie Day
National Farm Week
Neon Sign Day

Old 11-09-2010, 07:04 PM

15,921 posts, read 4,766,491 times

I was thinking about the word of the day today. We have a silly saying around here in Funky Town, and I'm sure some of you have heard "turn that frown, upside down."

So I was thinking of this one for our word of the day "turn that mou, in to whoop-de-doo."

Oh dear...................

Old 11-09-2010, 07:09 PM
bjh

20,521 posts, read 12,418,301 times
Extra Credit Question:
With the holidays approaching, are there any special recipes that you only make this time of year ?
Yes, some side dishes, salads, desserts.

Bonus Question:
What kind of car would best describe your personality ? A
nd you drive a __________ ?
I drive a pick up and it suits me fine.

Just for Fun:
Uh, when I was a baby and needed a new diaper?

Do we have any Scrapple fans among us ?
Never had it.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:21 PM

21,278 posts, read 5,239,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
OK, I just read something that reminded me of a funny story--Tek_Freek's answerin YLisa's "We made it" thread. I was about 9 and a neighbor had taken me and her own kids to a nearby park to play. We were playing in the stream that flowed through the park when I found a "balloon"--a funny looking balloon, for sure. It was more or less colorless, oblong and made of a very thin, rubbery material. So I picked it up and started to blow it up. I blew......and blew......and blew. Wow, did that balloon ever get big!!! I had never seen this kind of balloon before. I knotted the end of it and took it to show my friends' mom. "Look at this funny balloon I found", I said to her. She recognized for what it was and was horrified. She took a sharp stick and popped it and told me to never again pick up something like that. She put us in the car and drove me home and told my mother privately what I had found and what I had done. All this time I am mystified by her reaction and even more so by my mother's horrified reaction. I didn't get it why it was so awful to pick up a funny looking balloon and blow it up. My mother made me wash my mouth out with Listerine and told me to never, never pick up a "balloon" again as it would have "other people's germs" on it. I was well into my late teen years before I ever realized that the "balloon" I had found was a discarded condom.

THAT is a funnnnnnnnnnnny story!!! I can see the expressions of all of you as it played out!!!! hahahaha

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing that had you "moue" ? My son and DIL let my 75th birthday pass yesterday without so much as a phone call. However, I did get a card from my son in Tx.

Oh my gosh... a VERY Happy Belated Birthday Wish to you Cunucu Beach!!!!! 75????? Wow!!

Old 11-09-2010, 08:04 PM

5,266 posts, read 4,464,612 times
Today's Question(s):

Has this ever happened to you ? too tired to think lol

If so what was the "reminder" and if you want tell us your funny story ?
A man coming out of a bathroom (at an oil change store)with a foot long piece of TP stuck to his shoe!. Everyone just sat there and didn't say a word until he left with the TP attached to his foot lol.........then LMAO's off!!

Extra Credit Question:

With the holidays approaching, are there any special recipes that you only make this time of year ? My secret ingredient pumpkin pie with cookie cutter leaves around the pie....just like Martha! LOL.

Bonus Question:

What kind of car would best describe your personality ?

and you drive a Mercedes__________ ?

Just for Fun:

What was the last thing that had you "moue" ? watching my husband spread mayo on a sandwich lol.. I cringe !

Do we have any Scrapple fans among us ? YUK! Never had it but it sounds atrocious!

Today in History:
1821 - 1st U.S. pharmacy college, Philadelphia
1858 - 1st performance of New York Symphony Orchestra
1967 - The first issue of "Rolling Stone" was published. John Lennon was on the cover.
1989 - The 27.9-mile-long Berlin Wall, the symbol of the Cold War that separated East and West Germany for 28 years, was opened. Both East and West German citizens celebrated their freedom as they once again were able to walk freely between the two states.

Word of the Day:
moue \ MOO \ , noun;
1. A pouting grimace.

Today is:
National Scrapple Day
For those that don't know what scrapple is
Scrapple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parade Day
Louie Louie Day
National Farm Week
Neon Sign Day[/quote]

Old 11-09-2010, 08:27 PM

89 posts, read 99,862 times
Happy Birthday! and many more. I know how children are when it comes to birthdays and such. I didn't get a card from my son or grandson. But I did get a phone call very late. I guess they get caught up in their own lives what can we do. Soooo!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND ME.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:35 PM

89 posts, read 99,862 times
I have a question of the day. What does 56 years old look like? I don't feel 56. I had to get my drivers license renewed and it required an updated photo since the last photo taken was approximately 15 years old. WOW! is that what 56 looks like; a mug shot? I look in the mirror and my mind does not match my body. Oh well none of us can stop the clock, or can we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics