Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:43 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Lest see how handy our QOTD family is,which of the following can you do:
Change a tire ? - Change it to what?
Jump start a vehicle ? - I jumped on the hood of my car once, but it never started..
Change the oil in a vehicle ? - I do that every 4,000 miles... by taking it to Midas..
Install a ceiling fan ? - I'm not a big fan of fan installations..
Change out a light switch ? - Hmmm... I can turn it on and off... that's a change, right?
Install a garbage disposal ? - Nah, I'll use the redneck garbage disposal, put the garbage in the dumpster..
Properly fold a fitted sheet ? - A sheet of paper? Sure, I can do that!
Plan & prepare dinner for 12 ? - Hmmm.. If I get a party of 12 to feed, I'll plan and prepare to take them to Burger King, or McDonald's.. or Denny's for the super special occasions.. like weddings..
Edge & weed whack the lawn ? - No lawn in my yards, a lot of weeds though, and I whack them.. with weed killers..
Format a Hard Drive ? - A hard drive... is that driving on a rough road?
I've done most of the above, including formatting IDE and SATA disk drives, but I've never done the plan and prepare dinner for 12.

Bonus Question:

Wow I actually know someone who has never _________? Hmmm... I don't know any such person..

Extra Credit Question:

lol When was the last time you wanted to say " That's it I am going on strike" ? - I already had 3 strikes, so I couldn't go on another one...

Just for Fun:

What was your funniest "Out of the mouth of Babes" moment ? - I don't know, the last babe I remember, she cussed me out and called me every name in the book when I asked her to go out on a date with me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
Today's Question(s):

Change a tire ?
Jump start a vehicle ?
Change the oil in a vehicle ?
Install a ceiling fan ?
Change out a light switch ?
Install a garbage disposal ?
Properly fold a fitted sheet ?
Plan & prepare dinner for 12 ?
I don't cook so if I have to prepare a meal for 12 it's going to be a big bucket of fried chicken from KFC and some sides!...or just order pizza...lol
Edge & weed whack the lawn ?
Format a Hard Drive ?

Bonus Question:

Wow I actually know someone who has never
flown on an airplane

Extra Credit Question:

lol When was the last time you wanted to say " That's it I am going on strike" ?

The last time I folded my laundry. The problem is, I'm the only one in the house than can do it....my dog wouldn't be much help on that one....lol.

Just for Fun:

What was your funniest "Out of the mouth of Babes" moment ?

Old 02-10-2011, 06:40 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
I know someone who has never used a computer.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:52 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Today's Question(s):
Change a tire ?
Jump start a vehicle ?
Install a ceiling fan ?
Format a Hard Drive ?

All the above.

Bonus Question:
Left their home State.

Extra Credit Question:
lol When was the last time you wanted to say " That's it I am going on strike" ?

Remodeling a house when it came to doing the drywall... I hate hanging drywall.

Just for Fun:

When my oldest was just little he used to watch "Dora the Explorer" quite a bit. Once when she was looking for one of the landmarks she had to pass, he was standing in front of the TV and pointing out where it was to her, when he turns around and exclaimed. "Dora isn't an Explorer, she is an Idiot." He was 3 if I recall correctly. That was also the last time he wanted to watch that show... Thank God!

Old 02-10-2011, 07:14 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,488,144 times
Today's Question(s):

Change a tire ?
Never have, and doubt I'd be strong enough to lift the tyre now
Jump start a vehicle ?
Never have, but believe I could do it
Never have... would only attempt if desperate!
Install a ceiling fan ?
I don't think we're allowed to in Aus (some electrical and plumbing jobs must be done by a licensed tradesman) - either way, I wouldn't have a clue!
No clue how to do this either
Guessing this would need to be done by licensed tradesman too
I could if I cared enough!
I could if I had to - fortunately most of my friends enjoy cooking much more than me... so they'd probably take over!
I could, but I wouldn't
Format a Hard Drive ?
If there were step-by-step instructions. I'd rather not, though!

Bonus Question:

wanted to travel overseas

Extra Credit Question:

Long time ago... living alone is remarkably stress-free!

Just for Fun:

Too many to mention - the earliest one I recall was when my daughter was about 15 months old (or thereabouts) and was just starting to say the odd word here and there. It had been my habit when driving to mutter "c'mon Charlie" whenever another driver was slow moving on a green light, or scared to get onto a roundabout. One day, as I pulled up at a red light, a few seconds passed, then a little voice from the back called out "c'mon Charlie"!

Last edited by Kobber; 02-10-2011 at 07:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics