U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-02-2012, 10:38 AM

25,085 posts, read 8,863,389 times

Advertisements

Hey yall, I been traveling, I had to go to the Lone Star State, on family business and I discovered, I don't like flying, the airport or traffic on all the freeways in TX and I have not caught up on my time yet so I am drifting and I need to catch up with what has been going on around here. Buddy what's up??? Did Taig get back yet? I will c-yall on the drift
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 02:07 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,143,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Hey yall, I been traveling, I had to go to the Lone Star State, on family business and I discovered, I don't like flying, the airport or traffic on all the freeways in TX and I have not caught up on my time yet so I am drifting and I need to catch up with what has been going on around here. Buddy what's up??? Did Taig get back yet? I will c-yall on the drift
Yo, hotchicky-mama! Haven't seen Tai, lookin' tho.

Now that you have takin care of bidness, whad-up?

Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 PM

25,085 posts, read 8,863,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Yo, hotchicky-mama! Haven't seen Tai, lookin' tho.

Now that you have takin care of bidness, whad-up?
Budd the strangest thing just happened to me any of yall feel free to comment. I got a call from an unknown caller... who asked for me by my legal first and last name and verified my middle initial. He identified himself as John Claude and told me he was my court ordered mental health class instructor my mental health lawyer negotiated for. I said what??? He said if I did not show up for court in a neighboring city a warrant would be issued for my arrest. I asked for what charges, he put me on hold while he said he was checking. He came back and said I was caught shoplifting in 2011... I said who is this and he mumbled his name and the organization he represented. After putting me on hold again he discovered he had the wrong person. He said someone has my exact name only the middle name is spelled differently. He hung up and called me right back and discover the names were spelled differently too... He said he just wanted to put my mind at ease, I will not be arrested after all. I am like what the fudge

Buddy what yall thank about that??? now I just got back from Texas... and ets gone take me ah-day-2 to git my lose the accent I gottah drift and chew on that one...

Old 05-03-2012, 07:33 AM

6,441 posts, read 2,184,845 times
Sometimes the links to the link are more interesting. This one has lots of very enjoyable pics including some LOL's.

Funny animals gallery : theCHIVE

Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 AM

After cat attention and a shower, still browsing the chive. This one is a big LOL.

Spoiler

Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 AM

SunQueen, that was surely a scam and the man telling anyone they have to go anyplace is scary. Hope you made a note of the number he called from. John Claude also sounds like an alias, such as part of Jean-Claude Van Damme. A "mental health class instructor" calling people about a court order? Uh uh, no way.

I'm guessing you really didn't encounter a particular accent in Texas unless you met up with a group from Alabama. I was in Texas 34 years and never heard the "Texas" accent used on TV shows. I'm a Floridian/Texan and have never used "ya'll" or hear it used by others. When I left Florida, I spoke a bit fast with a teensy clip that sounded more like someone from Michigan. After a few years in Texas, I stopped talking so fast so people would stop asking me if I hailed from the north. Now that I'm back in Florida it zipped right in again. Speedo speech! My brother remained in California after joining the navy and he quickly picked up a crisp accent that blends right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Budd the strangest thing just happened to me any of yall feel free to comment. I got a call from an unknown caller... who asked for me by my legal first and last name and verified my middle initial. He identified himself as John Claude and told me he was my court ordered mental health class instructor my mental health lawyer negotiated for. I said what??? He said if I did not show up for court in a neighboring city a warrant would be issued for my arrest. I asked for what charges, he put me on hold while he said he was checking. He came back and said I was caught shoplifting in 2011... I said who is this and he mumbled his name and the organization he represented. After putting me on hold again he discovered he had the wrong person. He said someone has my exact name only the middle name is spelled differently. He hung up and called me right back and discover the names were spelled differently too... He said he just wanted to put my mind at ease, I will not be arrested after all. I am like what the fudge

Buddy what yall thank about that??? now I just got back from Texas... and ets gone take me ah-day-2 to git my lose the accent I gottah drift and chew on that one...

Old 05-03-2012, 10:14 AM

Song for the day, disturbingly accurate (for some of us, some of the time)

fat man and his computer - YouTube

Sun, I think it is a scam.
Heck, my accent changes to who ever I talk to.

Kitty, wow, your heinnie is . . . . . impressive.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post

Sun, I think it is a scam.
Heck, my accent changes to who ever I talk to.

Kitty, wow, your heinnie is . . . . . impressive.
Thanks, Buddy! Good butt muscles sure help sitting down! You're funny Buddy. Hey, that's a great name for a toy - Funny Buddy -- The Funny Buddy Baby! I'll get busy on it and have it patented right away, assuming there's not already one with the same name.

Edit: Wouldn't ya know! One quick google and this one is at the top of the page:
http://www.hearthsong.com/funny-budd...eys_p3468.html

Old 05-03-2012, 10:49 AM

Well, I am a laughter-loving primate.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM

Just got a rep from someone that takes me back to this thread. Scroll to the top and watch the adorable video.
Gabe rocks!

Gabe rocks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics