U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 11:13 AM

16,132 posts, read 16,258,959 times

Advertisements

Don't forget these

http://www.city-data.com/forum/18522846-post1.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 05:37 PM

13,659 posts, read 8,128,064 times
I used to have fun tying those - not sure what you call them now, pulling fireworks?- on anything moveable. Basically a small firecracker with string on each end that goes off when the string is pulled. Used to tie them to chairs, doors, inside drawers
Unfortunately, people lost all sense of humor about them after 9-11.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:47 PM

28,535 posts, read 21,680,939 times
Short Sheet

This is a one of the oldest April Fool's Day pranks in the world! Take the top sheet off the victim's bed, and tuck the bottom end under the top end of the mattress. Pull it down and then fold it back up so that the top end is where it would be if the bed was made normally. Replace the pillow, blanket, etc., and make up the bed like it was before. When the victim gets into bed, they'll be surprised when they can't slide their feet all the way down to the bottom of the bed!

When I was in the military the short sheet trick is what we used on all the newbies.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM

25,085 posts, read 8,855,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Ex-lax brownies! What kid can resist chocolate?

When my kids were little I worked at a bank in Florida. I had this co-worker who felt that any food brought in was fair game, even our lunches. Several of us tried talking to him about it but it didn't do any good.

His weakness happened to be brownies and I make darn good ones. Chunks of home made fudge, pecans, cream cheese, a hint of cinnamon and topped with a chocolate glaze.

It being April Fools Day I brought in goodies for everybody only his had a little something extra added, Ex-Lax. Just enough to help him be uh, regular.

It must have made an impression, he learned to ask first!
Hi Pam, gurl u wicked OOOO yes that would do alright, but kids would totally fall for that. The only thing is I don't want anyone missing work or school. But maybe just telling them that's what I did will be joke enough. I love ur brownie recipe. I wanted to rep u but I got to spread more first. Here's ur props: GRRRRRRREAT POST!!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 PM

13,760 posts, read 4,029,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I like the ideas but do you guys have anything I can do at work that wont get me fired.
Get one of those cheap battery powered motion dectector alarms. Tape it to the wall in a restroom stall and set it for alarm. Then leave.

Those things are loud.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:16 PM

4,487 posts, read 2,481,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Hi Pam, gurl u wicked OOOO yes that would do alright, but kids would totally fall for that. The only thing is I don't want anyone missing work or school. But maybe just telling them that's what I did will be joke enough. I love ur brownie recipe. I wanted to rep u but I got to spread more first. Here's ur props: GRRRRRRREAT POST!!!!
The old placebo effect!

It will be interesting to see if they have any physical symptoms! Lol

Old 03-31-2011, 09:22 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,333,907 times
wow ,so many great ideas!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,308,157 times
I remember back in the 90s when Taco Bell announced that they'd bought the Liberty Bell and had renamed it the Taco Liberty Bell. Boy did that tick off a few feverish patriots! I vaguely recall something about the Ford Lincoln Mercury Memorial, too.

Oh and, the last time I played an April Fools prank was when I put cheese and rotten eggs in my friend's leaky car radiator. When he needed some heat on a cold morning, he was none too pleased with the results.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:34 AM

11,713 posts, read 9,972,929 times
One could have all sorts of fun, buying a long, rubbery toy at an adult bookstore.

You hide one in your husband's or wife's lunch bucket, they go to work, go the cafeteria with co-workers, they open the lunch pail. "What did your husband or wife pack into your lunchbox? Is that made of chocolate? Lemme see! Lemme see!"

You have an elderly, prudish neighbor. You wrap it up, put a ribbon on it, along with a card: "Remember that good deed you did for me a couple years ago. I never properly thanked you for that! I hope you enjoy this gift and get many, many years of enjoyment out of it! I've included a sale receipt, just in case you want to return it for a bigger size!"

This is going to my first April Fool's Day I'm not working! What a relief for my co-workers!!!

Last edited by tijlover; 04-01-2011 at 12:36 AM.. Reason: edit/add line

Old 04-01-2011, 12:53 AM

37,788 posts, read 12,152,883 times
All I'm gonna say is that you guys are terrible! *shakes her head at everyone*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics