U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 AM

14,811 posts, read 8,179,073 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Do you have a "April Fools Prank" planned for today ? No. I detest "pranks".

Is there a really good April Fools prank you either pulled on someone or someone pulled on you ? There are no "good" pranks.

Bonus Question:

With all those" "activities" with the Stars" TV shows out there,lets see which would you pick to try

Dancing with them ?
Cooking with them ?
Shopping with them ?
Working out with them ? This might be fun.
Hanging for the weekend with them ?

Extra Credit Question:

rofl ok who's "Brilliant Idea" was it to put the fake doggie poop in the refrigerator?

p.s. remember no politics please

Inquiring Minds Question:

You know the saying "April's Showers bring May Flowers"

So will any of our QOTD family be starting the month with April Showers ? It rained here last night.

Just for Fun:

Who "controls" the Remote in your home ? I do. No one here but me.

Can you Yo-Yo ? At one time, yes.

Today in History:
1778 - Oliver Pollock, a New Orleans businessman, creates "$" symbol never knew this.
1889 - 1st dishwashing machine marketed in Chicago
1929 - Louie Marx introduces Yo-Yo
- Weight Watchers forms Never knew it was so long ago.
1963 - Soap operas "General Hospital" premiers on TV
1987 - Steve Newman became the first man to walk solo around the world. The 15,000-mile trek took him four years and untold pairs of shoes to complete. Did he walk on water, too.

Word of the Day:
prank [prangk] noun
1. a trick of an amusing or playful nature.

April is:
Straw Hat Month
National Welding Month
National Woodworking Month
National Soft Pretzel Month
Car Care Month

Flower of the month : Daisies and sweet peas
Birthstone: Diamond

Today is:
April Fools Day !!
Meat Loaf Appreciation Day
Yo-Yo Day
International Tatting Day
Dishwasher Day
National Fun Day
Sliced Bread Day
$$$$$ Symbol Day $$$$$$$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 AM

7,371 posts, read 3,395,522 times
Good morning everyone Happy Friday.. It's Friday, and there's no fooling me on that!!
Happy 1st day of April !!
This also means be on your toes today because it is "April Fools Day"

Today's Question(s):

Do you have a "April Fools Prank" planned for today ?

Is there a really good April Fools prank you either pulled on someone or someone pulled on you ? Of course
Bonus Question:

With all those" "activities" with the Stars" TV shows out there,lets see which would you pick to try

Dancing with them ?
Cooking with them ?
Shopping with them ?
Working out with them ?

Guess I am just not into "star" activities. Too much reality tv.....

Extra Credit Question:

ok who's "Brilliant Idea" was it to create an idea that working should be fun!! (I'm thinking about a few of the people I know thinking work should be constantly entertaining). You know the old free uniforms, food and fun!! What a way to set a generation up!!

You know the saying "April's Showers bring May Flowers" I'm hoping
So will any of our QOTD family be starting the month with April Showers ? Snowed last night, but looks like the sun is out
Just for Fun:

Who "controls" the Remote in your home ? Moi--but I don't watch that much TV

Can you Yo-Yo ? Probably not anymore....
Today in History:
1778 - Oliver Pollock, a New Orleans businessman, creates "$" symbol$$
1946 - Weight Watchers forms
1987 - Steve Newman became the first man to walk solo around the world. The 15,000-mile trek took him four years and untold pairs of shoes to complete. When someone told him to take a walk, looks like he took it....
Word of the Day:
prank [prangk] noun

April is:
Straw Hat Month
National Welding Month
National Soft Pretzel Month
Car Care Month

Today is:
April Fools Day !!
Meat Loaf Appreciation Day "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"
Yo-Yo Day
Dishwasher Day Alot faster just to do it myself looking out the kitchen window listening to classic rock
National Fun Day
Sliced Bread Day
$$$$$ Symbol Day Cha-cha-cha-chingggg....

Happy April Fool Day, everyone!! As a special treat to myself, I am giving myself a me day tomorrow or Sunday. No books, no work, just planning some good easy time. Have a great day folks.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 AM

1,090 posts, read 569,552 times
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Good Morning....... my toes were lazy this morning already...

Today's Question(s):

Do you have a "April Fools Prank" planned for today ? I'm always the one falling for the damn things....not so much in the planning.

Is there a really good April Fools prank you either pulled on someone or someone pulled on you ?
Two really memorable ones. 1) My parents called and woke me up a few years ago ( I had the day off and was sleeping in). I started the coffee and took the phone and a morning cigarrette outside and was settling in for a long gab session. My S/O bringe me out a cup of coffee a few minutes later with a big smile and a kiss. Me, guillable ******* that I am, gets all "aww, thanks honey"....until I take my first sip. I used to put lots of sugar in my coffee.......and he used salt. ICK!!! To this day he still tells me he just mixed up the containers, but it was april 1st and he was snickering the rest of the day. I'm noy buying it.
Second one was just a few minutes ago. My aunt posted on facebook when she got up about how she figured out why she's not feeling well, gaining weight and can't wait for her husband to get home. She's 42 and has health issues, so a preggo anouncement wouldn't be a good thing at this time. So I call her all concerned and cautious and she starts to laugh. "How did I know you'd be the only one to fall for that this morning?" Thanks Auntie, love you. My family is evil.....but I keep forgetting that!

Bonus Question:

Dancing with them ?
Cooking with them ?
Shopping with them ?
Working out with them ?

None of the above. Any of the stars who have turned to reality TV....if I were to meet them in person I would probably smack them upside the head and call them a rude name. Those shows anoy me to no end.

Extra Credit Question:

rofl ok who's "Brilliant Idea" was it to put the dogs tie out right next to the muddiest part of the yard. They, and my house are now both filthy. I'm going to have to bring them in to get groomed, too cold to use the hose, and my tub couldn't handle all the fur. I tried wiping them down really good, but they have too much white on them.....they look all dingy and icky. Plus they fear the washrag....I don't know why, they just get PISSED whenever I have to use it to wipe em down.

p.s. remember no politics please ......are you sure? They usually give me a good laugh...

So will any of our QOTD family be starting the month with April Showers ? Well it was snowing, now it's foggy, supposed to rain later today, and then get a spring snowstorm this weekend. Mn just can't make up it's mind this year I guess.

Just for Fun:

Who "controls" the Remote in your home ? we have too many remotes, I gave up. If I touch them, some form of electronic device in our house will probably blow up.

Can you Yo-Yo ? well......no. I can try, but no one booked me for the entertainment...

Today in History:
1778 - Oliver Pollock, a New Orleans businessman, creates "$" symbol
1889 - 1st dishwashing machine marketed in Chicago I have a dishwasherr It's name is Jason.
1946 - Weight Watchers forms
1987 - Steve Newman became the first man to walk solo around the world. The 15,000-mile trek took him four years and untold pairs of shoes to complete. and a wetsuit or two?

Word of the Day:
prank [prangk] noun
Eh-holes.

April is:
Straw Hat Month I hat a purple one once, loved it! It was my drinking hat. Problem was, it had hundreds of multi colored fake grass pieces sticking up all around it- probably in a two foot circle around my head. It disappeared one night after poking several people in the eye.
National Welding Month
National Soft Pretzel Month not a big fan.
Car Care Month I'll go scrape the mud off once it dries up a bit...probably by the end of April.

Birthstone: Diamond I prefer rubies, but if diamonds are all you have, then that's acceptable

Today is:
April Fools Day !! yea yea
Meat Loaf Appreciation Day with brown sugar and ketchup on top please wait no dammit. Just plain.
Yo-Yo Day
International Tatting Day This is some craft thing right?
Dishwasher Day
National Fun Day
Sliced Bread Day
$$$$$ Symbol Day I'll take a few, thanks !

TGIF, TGIF, TGIF. WOOT
Happy Friday!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:02 AM

13,241 posts, read 12,475,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday

Today's Question(s):

Do you have a "April Fools Prank" planned for today ? No, it's been kind of a brutal week for me, think I'll keep a low profile!

Is there a really good April Fools prank you either pulled on someone or someone pulled on you ? Will think on that one!

Bonus Question:

Dancing with them ? Um, not!
Cooking with them ? My cooking requires a cast iron stomach!
Shopping with them ? yep! Shopping for tunes!! Yuppirs!
Working out with them ?Oh am I out of shape!
Hanging for the weekend with them ? Possible!

Extra Credit Question:

rofl ok who's "Brilliant Idea" was it to _cut funding for road maintenance in my area_________?

So will any of our QOTD family be starting the month with April Showers ? Not here, temp today maybe 65. The high country has been getting bunches of snow though!

Just for Fun:

Who "controls" the Remote in your home ? ME!

Can you Yo-Yo ? I still have my Duncan yo-yo's when I was a kid. My prized one came from Roswell though. Titled "50th anniversary of the Roswell Crash landing." Glows in the dark too! Yipee!

Today in History:
1778 - Oliver Pollock, a New Orleans businessman, creates "$" symbol
- Weight Watchers forms
1963 - Soap operas "General Hospital" premiers on TVMy mom was a huge fan of the show when it first came out.
1987 - Steve Newman became the first man to walk solo around the world. The 15,000-mile trek took him four years and untold pairs of shoes to complete.

Word of the Day:
prank [prangk] noun

April is:
Straw Hat Month I need one!
National Welding Month
National Soft Pretzel MonthOoh wouldn't mind having one now!
Car Care Month Always try to keep my clunkers in shape.

Today is:
April Fools Day !!
Yo-Yo Day
Dishwasher Day
National Fun Day
Sliced Bread Day
$$$$$ Symbol Day
Happy April Fools Day!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:27 AM

56,173 posts, read 12,067,226 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have a "April Fools Prank" planned for today ?

No,not yet

Is there a really good April Fools prank you either pulled on someone or someone pulled on you ?

Yeah,A long time ago a friend said she was getting married and sent me a card on that day,when I got there there was no wedding!

Bonus Question:

Dancing with them ?
Cooking with them
?
Shopping with them ?
Working out with them ?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:39 AM

10,452 posts, read 5,747,165 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have a "April Fools Prank" planned for today ? No. I don't know anyone that would respond well to one.

Is there a really good April Fools prank you either pulled on someone or someone pulled on you ? One year I ground up edible chalk and put it in my mom's coffee. She took a sip and the look on her face was priceless! But then she concluded the milk was sour and threw the rest away.

Bonus Question:

Dancing with them ?
Cooking with them ?
Shopping with them ?
Working out with them ?
Hanging for the weekend with them ? This, with me deciding what we do.

So will any of our QOTD family be starting the month with April Showers ? We already have. Third rainy day so far. Man it makes me tired!

Just for Fun:

Who "controls" the Remote in your home ? No one cause no one really watches TV, lol.

Can you Yo-Yo ? Does listening to Yo-Yo Ma count?

Word of the Day:
prank [prangk] noun

Ha ha ha hardy har har.

Today is:
April Fools Day !!
Yo-Yo Day
Dishwasher Day
National Fun Day
Sliced Bread Day
$$$$$ Symbol Day

Happy April, folks! Enjoy April Fools!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:55 AM

28,624 posts, read 21,839,657 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have a "April Fools Prank" planned for today ? He he...

Is there a really good April Fools prank you either pulled on someone or someone pulled on you ? Oh yes. Can't reveal it now.

Bonus Question:

With all those" "activities" with the Stars" TV shows out there, lets see which would you pick to try

Dancing with them ?
Cooking with them ?
Shopping with them ?
Working out with them ?
None of them, most are absorbed in their own selves.

Extra Credit Question:

rofl ok who's "Brilliant Idea" was it to leave @$%#&%@ keys locked in the car?

So will any of our QOTD family be starting the month with April Showers? None in the foreseeable future for us.

Just for Fun:

Who "controls" the Remote in your home? Whoever's watching at the time. We have 5 TV's and if someone wants to watch something different, well they go to another room.

Can you Yo-Yo? Yes. and ocassionally I'm even called a "YoYo"...

Hope you all have a great weekend...

Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,882,305 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have a "April Fools Prank" planned for today ? No

Not a funny one. When I was.. hmmm.. I think in 6th grade, I had a huge crush on Michael Jackson (don't laugh.. everyone had a crush on him at the time!) so I saved my money and bought the Thriller cassette tape. On April 1st I went out shopping with my mom and when we came back my dad and sisters all told me they were sorry but they ruined that tape. I yelled a lot and then I sobbed. An hour later they told me it was a joke. It was not funny.

Bonus Question:

Dancing with them ?
Cooking with them ?
Shopping with them ?
Working out with them ?

I struggled with this for a while. I think what it boils down to is I prefer not to spend any time with the "stars".

Extra Credit Question:

rofl ok who's "Brilliant Idea" was it to ? Sorry, everything I can think of is political!

So will any of our QOTD family be starting the month with April Showers ?
Not me! Thank goodness! After nearly the entire day yesterday spent with multiple tornadoes, high winds, flooding, and widespread damage, I am thankful to have my house intact and that the upcoming week will be warm and sunny.

Just for Fun:

Who "controls" the Remote in your home ? Dh because I usually don't care about TV.

Can you Yo-Yo ? Just normal. No fancy tricks.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:27 AM

1,593 posts, read 1,518,111 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have a "April Fools Prank" planned for today ? No

Bonus Question:

Dancing with them ?
Cooking with them ?
Shopping with them ?
Working out with them ?
Hanging for the weekend with them ? I'll take this one

Extra Credit Question:

rofl ok who's "Brilliant Idea" was it to ___put in halogen lights ___?

So will any of our QOTD family be starting the month with April Showers ? YES! There is rain on the way, and should start in an hour or two! I love rain in the spring!

Just for Fun:

Who "controls" the Remote in your home ? I do.

Can you Yo-Yo ? God no.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:28 AM

3,207 posts, read 3,506,159 times
Today's Question(s):

Do you have a "April Fools Prank" planned for today ? Since DW and I will probably be home by ourselves all day today, it is pointless to plan something this year.

Bonus Question:

Dancing with them ?
Cooking with them ?
Shopping with them ?
Working out with them ?
Hanging for the weekend with them ? If we can hang in my woodshop.

Extra Credit Question:

rofl ok who's "Brilliant Idea" was it to have Spring Break when it is still cold outside?

So will any of our QOTD family be starting the month with April Showers ? That is what the forecast says. Sun is shining right now and it is about 40 out there. If it holds off long enough, it could be snow showers.

Just for Fun:

Who "controls" the Remote in your home ? DW usually has it. If I really want to watch something in particular and she isn't interested, I just go to the other room. Most of the time, I'm not interested in what is on anyhow.

Can you Yo-Yo ? Not too good with the yo-yo, but I can yo pretty well.

Happy April, everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics