Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:57 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,682,374 times

Advertisements

Hi friends! Happy Thursday to you all.
I have to say that I loved some of your answers on yesterday's NIQ... they made me smile... I have to hand out some "SCG Brownie Points" ... I'll do that in a few.

First, I want to mention that this NIQ is for both Thursday AND Friday...as I am heading out of town later Thursday evening and won't have access to the internet utnil sometime Friday. I promise I have not left you hanging though... I have provided you below with TWO NIQ's (one for Thursday, one for Friday), as well as a Bonus NIQ... a "Fill-in-the-Blank" NIQ... one that I have altered myself... and you have to try and guess what the missing pieces are... if you are up for the challenge! You should have enough to keep you all occupied until my return on Friday night. You all may post on here as much as you want between now and let's say 10:00 PM Friday night. That's when I'll be on to give you all the answers & post Saturday's NIQ. Have fun!

OK... now to Wednesday's NIQ... we had a grand total of TEN winners! Yes, that's right.. .TEN!!! So what did they guess correctly? Let's see...

The Question for Wednesday was... 38% of men surveyed said that they thought women who DIDN'T do *this* were MORE attractive. What is it?

The Answer... Wear makeup!

Our Wednesday NIQ winners
were: Chatteress , highcotton , PJ8 , AksarbeN , Caligula1 , skel1977 , LABART , Gue , aardvarks , and zonababe !!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

My special "SCG Brownie Points" go to satx56 for this post, and to Chatteress/Sweetie Pie for their series of posts about this topic. Thanks for providing !!!!

OK,... so let's go ahead and see what I have in store for you all for the next two days, shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The "Nearly Impossible Question" for Thursday, April 14, 2011:

We all know that you're at your "peak" for certain things at certain ages. As it turns out you are at your "peak" for this skill between the ages of 35 and 45...what's the skill?

The "Nearly Impossible Question" for Friday, April 15, 2011:

Back in 1980 more than 1/2 of all American homes had and used one of these...now they're all but extinct. What are they?

The "Nearly Impossible Question" BONUS QUESTION:

Should you choose to play the bonus question... this is a little different then the regular NIQ. This is a "Fill-in-the-Blank" type question. (This is NOT in a Question/Answer format... the answer is a part of the question.) You see 3 blanks below... I have provided hints to two of them... those blanks are a part of the actual question. The third blank simply has a question mark... that is the answer to the question that has been incorporated into the question itself. Your job is the guess not only the answer, but the missing parts of the question.
(Yes... I had to make it somewhat difficult... after all, it is a bonus question! ) You up for the challenge? Give it a try... what have you got to lose?

You can expect to live to __(age)__ if you have a __?__, or __(age)__ if you don't.

PLEASE... PLEASE... PLEASE SPECIFY WHAT QUESTION WHICH ANSWER GOES TO! Since we have 2, possibly 3 questions going here, if you just put answers, I might get confused and not give you proper credit if you guess correctly. I don't mind you all posting multiple times, and having fun... I enjoy that... just as long as you state what answer is your serious answer and what answer goes to what question (T, F, or B will suffice) ... and then the rest are just for laughs & fun. That's all I ask... that, and NO GOOGLE OR INTERNET CHEATING!!!

As John de Lancie ("Q" from Star Trek: TNG) once said... "The hall is rented, the orchestra engaged. It's now time to see if you can dance." Well can you? I guess we'll see! GOOD LUCK FOLKS... & have fun, please!! I will see you all Friday. Remember... no cheating!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,932,898 times
1 st

Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,414,070 times
Hey! I won too!! lol Now that I'm on the other side of the fence, I know what it feels like to be left out!!! My answer was wear makeup too!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:26 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,110,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Hey! I won too!! lol Now that I'm on the other side of the fence, I know what it feels like to be left out!!! My answer was wear makeup too!
lol!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,463,409 times

We all know that you're at your "peak" for certain things at certain ages. As it turns out you are at your "peak" for this skill between the ages of 35 and 45...what's the skill?

Strip poker! .... kidding ..Finding a mate!

Back in 1980 more than 1/2 of all American homes had and used one of these...now they're all but extinct. What are they?

VCR or CB Radio prolly the radio!

You can expect to live to __death__ if you have a __life__, or __0__ if you don't.

Last edited by SATX56; 04-13-2011 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: Adjusting stuff :D

Old 04-13-2011, 11:07 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,245,310 times

Parenting

Back in 1980 more than 1/2 of all American homes had and used one of these...now they're all but extinct. What are they? Record player

You can expect to live to 90 if you have a healthy body, or 80 if you don't.

Final answers.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:32 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,565,472 times
Quote:
the "Nearly Impossible Question" for Thursday, April 14, 2011:

Ironing? Brushing your teeth? Knife throwing? Wait....is it sex? Yeah, that's it!! Sex!! That's my final answer.

Quote:

finger/rotary dial telephones, final answer

Quote:

You can expect to live to _78_(age)__ if you have a penis__?__, or 85__(age)__ if you don't.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 PM

44,251 posts, read 19,910,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
Our Wednesday NIQ winners were: Chatteress , highcotton , PJ8 , AksarbeN , Caligula1 , skel1977 , LABART , Gue , aardvarks , and zonababe !!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Yay! I finally answered an NIQ correctly! Yippee!

My answer for Thurs, April 14 is.......Skin condition. Final answer.

My answer for Fri, April 15 is.......Rotary dial telephone. Final answer.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:40 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,810,582 times

We all know that you're at your "peak" for certain things at certain ages. As it turns out you are at your "peak" for this skill between the ages of 35 and 45...what's the skill? Going up the corporate ladder

Back in 1980 more than 1/2 of all American homes had and used one of these...now they're all but extinct. What are they? Eight-track tapes..which I think were earlier, but 50% of people might have still had them aroundI am pretty sure we did~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should you choose to play the bonus question... this is a little different then the regular NIQ. This is a "Fill-in-the-Blank" type question. (This is NOT in a Question/Answer format... the answer is a part of the question.) You see 3 blanks below... I have provided hints to two of them... those blanks are a part of the actual question. The third blank simply has a question mark... that is the answer to the question that has been incorporated into the question itself. Your job is the guess not only the answer, but the missing parts of the question. (Yes... I had to make it somewhat difficult... after all, it is a bonus question! ) You up for the challenge? Give it a try... what have you got to lose?

You can expect to live to 80 if you have a partner, or 75 if you don't. Guess I better start lookin'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 04-14-2011, 05:29 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,529,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Me too Coastal...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics