Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:22 AM

27,340 posts, read 27,393,359 times

Advertisements

One thing for breakfast forever? Id say chocolate malt-o-meal.
Mother Goose day? Sometimes I wonder if she's a real twisted person. Seriously! Rhymes about babies falling from the top of a tree, an egg that splattered when it fell off a fence, Jack and Jill, he fell and split his head open, the little girl sitting on top of a mushroom and a spider came down and scared her....heck yeah Id run too!! I mean REALLY?? I just had to say something about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 08:47 AM

987 posts, read 1,745,903 times
Today's Question: Were you ever into the tradition of hanging May baskets? Like others have said, I do remember making them in elementary & the May Pole dancing thingy (??) blurred memories though

Extra Credit Question: What are/were your favorite books?The purpose of driven life - Rick Warren, , Become a Better You - Joel Osteen, Manifest your Destiny -Dr Wayne Dyer, In Fifty Years We’ll All Be Chicks By Adam Corrolla (husband gave it to me, yea his pick)

Bonus Question: If you could only eat one thing for breakfast, the rest of your life, what would it be?Eggs ranchero style w/homemade tortillas (both flour/corn), I just love eggs anything w/the sauce

Today is:
May Day

Mother Goose Day

Hawaiian Lei Day

Couple Appreciation Day

Save the Rhino Day

Old 05-01-2011, 08:56 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Today's Question: Were you ever into the tradition of hanging May baskets? - I have no idea what that tradition is, I didn't even know there was such a tradition.... I May be a Basket case...

Extra Credit Question: What are/were your favorite books? - Let's see... when I Book flight and hotel room reservations.... I got booked into jail one time, and that wasn't my favorite..

Bonus Question: If you could only eat one thing for breakfast, the rest of your life, what would it be? - That would be a life sentence.. wouldn't it?

Old 05-01-2011, 08:58 AM

24,458 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Today's Question: Were you ever into the tradition of hanging May baskets?
Nope.

Extra Credit Question: What are/were your favorite books?
As a kid it was some of the Tom Swift books, now it's the Tom Clancy books.

Bonus Question: If you could only eat one thing for breakfast, the rest of your life, what would it be?
It would have to have something to do with eggs, taters and salsa.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:09 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,907,737 times
A beautiful day here in the NV desert, with sunny skies and temps in the 70s.

Today's Question: Were you ever into the tradition of hanging May baskets? No, but it sounds like a lovely tradition.

Extra Credit Question: What are/were your favorite books? As a kid, I loved the Secret Seven and Famous Five books by Enid Blyton. Now, I love murder mysteries by Elizabeth George, Martha Grimes, Sue Grafton, Lee Child, Dick Francis, Stuart Woods and others. Also love non-fiction, including autobiographies. Currently reading "In the Neighborhood" -- Peter Lovenheim and "We Are Our Mothers' Daughters" -- Cokie Roberts.

Bonus Question: If you could only eat one thing for breakfast, the rest of your life, what would it be? Scrambled eggs on toast.

Word of the Day:
Bootstrap: (BOOT-strap) verb tr.: To help oneself with one's own initiative and no outside help.
noun: Unaided efforts.
adjective: Reliant on one's own efforts. I've always been a bootstrap kind of gal.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:32 AM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Beautiful Sunny day here in New England.

Today's Question: Were you ever into the tradition of hanging May baskets?Our family didn't but when I lived in Colorado Springs as a kid our next door neighbors would

Extra Credit Question: What are/were your favorite books? There are SO many; Tom Brokaw's "The Greatest Generation", David Morannis's "When Pride Still Mattered", Roger Kahn's "The Boys Of Summer", and ANYTHING penned by the late David Halverstam, one of the great authors who died way too young.

And, of course, the Bible.

Bonus Question: If you could only eat one thing for breakfast, the rest of your life, what would it be? I was going to say corned beef hash, but like Elston I'll say cold cereal. In fact, lots of times I'll have a big bowl of either granola, wheat chex, or raisin bran with lots of sliced up fruits and that's my dinner.

Today in History:
1707 - England, Wales and Scotland form U.K. of Great Britain
1931 - Empire State Building opens in New York City
1941 - "Citizen Kane," directed and starring Orson Welles, premieres in New York
1967 - Elvis Presley and Priscilla Beaulieu wed
1989 - Disney's MGM Studio theme park officially opens to public

Word of the Day:
Bootstrap: (BOOT-strap) verb tr.: To help oneself with one's own initiative and no outside help.
adjective: Reliant on one's own efforts.

Today is:
May Day
Mother Goose Day
Hawaiian Lei Day
Couple Appreciation Day
Save the Rhino Day
Have a great Sunday! Thanks Garlic Guy!

Old 05-01-2011, 09:37 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,830,866 times
Beautiful Sunny day here in New England.

Today's Question: Were you ever into the tradition of hanging May baskets? The weather

Extra Credit Question: What are/were your favorite books? The Grapes of Wrath, East of Eden, too many to list...
Bonus Question: If you could only eat one thing for breakfast, the rest of your life, what would it be? Cereal of some kind w/fruit--have to have the fruit...
Today in History:
1707 - England, Wales and Scotland form U.K. of Great Britain
1941 - "Citizen Kane," directed and starring Orson Welles, premieres in New York
1967 - Elvis Presley and Priscilla Beaulieu wed
1989 - Disney's MGM Studio theme park officially opens to public

Word of the Day:

Today is:
May Day
Mother Goose Day
Hawaiian Lei Day
Couple Appreciation Day
Save the Rhino Day

Have a wonderful Sunday folks. After days of pouring rain..I got up to lots of the fluffy white stuff. Unreal, so may as welland bear it. Still thinking of all those folks in the southern states affected by tornadoes and storms. Ya know, you folks are wonderful people when it comes to helping others out, whether it's in your own backyard or someone else's. Bless you all.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:06 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,044,926 times
Today's Question: Were you ever into the tradition of hanging May baskets? Don't think we ever hung baskets, but did do the May pole thing in school.

Extra Credit Question: What are/were your favorite books?
My all time favorite book is probably 1984. I also like military history, espionage/spy storylines and pretty much any kind of mystery. When I was young I was very into Nancy Drew - my mom would buy me enough to last a month and I'd whip through them in a week

Bonus Question: If you could only eat one thing for breakfast, the rest of your life, what would it be? There's only one thing I have to have for breakfast and that's coffee lol It's just better for everyone if I have it

Today in History:

Word of the Day: I like this word

Today is:
May Day
Mother Goose Day
Hawaiian Lei Day sounds good
Couple Appreciation Day I'm appreciating my couple of cups of coffee this morning
Save the Rhino Day

Old 05-01-2011, 10:24 AM

7,333 posts, read 2,742,181 times
Today's Question: Were you ever into the tradition of hanging May baskets? Nope, most people around here have never heard of doing that!

Extra Credit Question: What are/were your favorite books? Waaaaayyyy too many to list...it's like trying to list my favorite song....depends on my mood at the time among other factors.

Bonus Question: If you could only eat one thing for breakfast, the rest of your life, what would it be? Don't usually eat breakfast but, if I had to choose it would be Huevos Rancheros.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:45 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
Good Happy Sunday Everybody!!

Today's Question: Were you ever into the tradition of hanging May baskets? I hang flower baskets on my front porch. Does that count?

Extra Credit Question: What are/were your favorite books? Good ones!

Bonus Question: If you could only eat one thing for breakfast, the rest of your life, what would it be? COFFEE!!! Oh, if it HAS to be a food... how about a mexican omelet or french toast casserole please!

Today is:
May Day
Mother Goose Day
Hawaiian Lei Day
Couple Appreciation Day
Save the Rhino Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics