Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 09:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

See this thing? NO button!

Attached Thumbnails
Post a pic of yourself.....-nobutton.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 09:30 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
How can I say this...? Can't post ANY image of ANY size from ANY site (not even a smiley 50x50 pixels) because there is NO button to insert it!

Don't remember if the button was OK or submit, but it AIN'T there! The button is OK in FF.
Hmmm.. Okay before I make any smart alec remarks about "No button to insert" something.. I'd like to know the steps you're taking to attach an image. First are you using the Advanced options when you post a message? If you just post a message in the window below the messages that are already posted, then you won't see the options to add an image. The options will include a paper clip symbol, which allows you to attach an image, or any other types of files to the message.

Here's what you should see:
Attached Thumbnails
Post a pic of yourself.....-imgattach.jpg  

Old 09-15-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Hmmm.. Okay before I make any smart alec remarks about "No button to insert" something.. I'd like to know the steps you're taking to attach an image. First are you using the Advanced options when you post a message? If you just post a message in the window below the messages that are already posted, then you won't see the options to add an image. The options will include a paper clip symbol, which allows you to attach an image, or any other types of files to the message.

Here's what you should see:
Let's leave it 'cause I'm getting frustrated. I'm not an idiot and I've been on the Web and on CD forever, not to mention I've worked in web development. I've posted hundreds of images of various kinds and I know there is no button when there is no button. Just like I know there is a button in FF and I just posted images: Where's that wet Pony?!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
See this thing? NO button!
Ahhh!I know what you're doing wrong! Don't click on the "Image" option, click on the paper clip, which allows you to attach the image to the message.

I see what you're talking about though. I've never used the "Image" icon before, so I don't know what it looked like before. It looks like you can use that to place an image on a web server. I think they have a flaw in their software, but you can still post an image in the message by typing the following syntax (without the spaces)

[ IMG ] http web location of the image file [/ IMG ] That's what I usually do to post an image in a message.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Ahhh!I know what you're doing wrong! Don't click on the "Image" option, click on the paper clip, which allows you to attach the image to the message.

I see what you're talking about though. I've never used the "Image" icon before, so I don't know what it looked like before. It looks like you can use that to place an image on a web server. I think they have a flaw in their software, but you can still post an image in the message by typing the following syntax (without the spaces)

[ IMG ] http web location of the image file [/ IMG ] That's what I usually do to post an image in a message.

Yeah, it works hand-coded. I didn't try before. Keeping your colors in place is enough hand-coding for me. The point is what used to work a few days ago and still works in FF does NOT work in IE. Darn developers!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah, it works hand-coded. I didn't try before. Keeping your colors in place is enough hand-coding for me. The point is what used to work a few days ago and still works in FF does NOT work in IE. Darn developers!
LOL.. Okay, I'll have a talk with those guys.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:59 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,626,311 times
Maybe they changed that feature AZ? But I use the paperclip way as well.
Glad all is better...

Old 09-16-2008, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFreak View Post
Maybe they changed that feature AZ? But I use the paperclip way as well.
Glad all is better...
Yeah they changed something MusicFreak, they broke it!

Looks like a defect in the software. The forums software is written in the PHP language... and no it's not a drug.. PHP (Personal Home Page) is a scripting language suited for web development on Linux/Unix servers.

Looks like they left out a minor detail in the changes they made recently. But, like all other computer software, there's always a work-around.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:54 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
The button is just like the doorbell,,,, if you keep pushing it ~ it will annoy those inside and they’ll never come to open it. You’re pc is full of little guys that are annoyed with all the pushing that’s going on. LOL

Old 09-16-2008, 08:01 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Lol, Askarben, I gotta give you points for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics